NEurope
Haden

Xpert 11 Season 21: GOTY Edition

Oh you bastards,I'm working until around 11 tonight so I'll miss the draw again. I've got two days off after tonight as well :p

Great reports haden, I'll do mine when I get home.

Edited by The Peeps

I nearly had to delay the draw for until the Carling Cup final was over, what a game that was.

Epic Draw as per usual Jimbob!

The draw is here on Madpools spreadsheet. Some very very tasty matchups there!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AvQ3o_vAjSlNdGZkT3ROTng0emZJbGJ5SGRSTXhWUWc&output=html

Games to be played on Tuesday so get the invites sent! :D

I was thinking one last draw for last 8 but Madpool had a good idea I think will let him explain in a post.

Matches for last 16

DuD's Baggies vs Bubbles FC

Sixty Fourthers vs Recall United

Dragoooo vs Mcoys Sons

Haden United vs Intergalactico Stars

Seahawks FC vs Comerade Co-op

Silverdale Hotpot vs Madpool

Eights United vs Leeds M.O.T

Essex Elites vs Buyern Bru

Video of stream will be up later for all your viewing pleasure

Updated Table

The next draw is Tuesday evening/tbc?.

For the quarters/semis it's going to be a fixed draw, so the numbers 1-8 will be in the draw, and each number represents the match number. So if 1 comes out with number 2, the winner of match 1 will play at home against the winner of match 2. This will happen for the semis aswell i believe.

I see, shall we do the numbers draw live as well??

Edit: Video footage is downloading, i'll edit it and it will be up after Top Gear.

Do any of the teams that got knocked out fancy a friendly? Aquila, Cube, Peeps, Winston, Happenstance, Phoenix, Coloccini? I think I could do with some more match practice.

Do any of the teams that got knocked out fancy a friendly? Aquila, Cube, Peeps, Winston, Happenstance, Phoenix, Coloccini? I think I could do with some more match practice.

Just sent a challenge request thing

Just had a look at the friendly against Gaggle. It was pretty close actually, despite us losing 3-1. Four chances to three, in his favour. 51-49 possession to him. Pretty close. Think one of my better defenders had to miss the game through injury, too.

This is my team now. Apart from bringing in a youth keeper at some point, these are the ones who I think will be here for some time. Unless I change my mind about some of them.

Challenge accepted. :smile:

Feel free to challenge me after your game against Dan. That way you'll get to play a home friendly too :p

Updated Table

The next draw is Tuesday evening/tbc?.

For the quarters/semis it's going to be a fixed draw, so the numbers 1-8 will be in the draw, and each number represents the match number. So if 1 comes out with number 2, the winner of match 1 will play at home against the winner of match 2. This will happen for the semis aswell i believe.

I don't get how this is different to the pulling out names?

If we are doing a live draw tomorrow what time is good for you Recall?

Are people able to make it to tomorrows draw? It will be the last live draw I think to round off Jimbobs trilogy :D

I can make it if it's Tuesday evening

Round 1 Cup reports!

Bayern Bru 3-1 Winston Gardens

Bru went into this first round cup tie as the clear favorites against up and comers Winston Gardens. Bru played a balanced 4-4-2 formation against Gardens who looked to dominate midfield with a 4-5-1 formation. Bru got off to a super start as Helder whipped in a cross for Lindpere to emphatically head home on 7 minutes. Bru were in control of the game but a Gardens attack led to a shock equalizer as Crane lobbed a ball into the box for Meena to head in. Bru fans seemed nervous as it approached half time with the game tied. Another header this time from Lafferty nodded the ball in off the post for his first ever goal. Both managers freshened their teams up with substitutions but it was super sub Rundberg who made the difference with a fine solo run ending with him beating Gardens keeper one on one. Bru were in control of the match till the end and closed out the game in style. Gardens acquitted themselves well and should be proud of this game. Bru go onto the next round and should be regarded as a top team to look for in the final stages.

Mcoys Sons 0-0 Happenstance FC

The Sons and Happenstance lined up in what has to be the most star studded of all the 1st round ties. The two promoted sides lined up with the Sons playing an aggressive 3-5-2 formation against Happenstance possession orientated 4-5-1 set up. Sadly the game failed to deliver, both teams canceled each other out in midfield creating 4 chances between them. The attack was insufficient from either side to beat well prepared defenses. In the end it will be Mcoy who goes through as his side created 3 chances against Happenstance who made 1. Expect a better rematch next season in the top league.

Coloccini FC 1-2 Intergalatico Stars

Coloccini lined up for the very first time against Inter in a game that had a great cup atmosphere. New side Coloccini had a balanced 4-4-2 line up against Inter who also went with 4-4-2. It was action a plenty in the first half as both sides had chances at goal and then with 3 minutes to go before half time Haslop rocketed home a free kick for the home side. The home fans went delirious with joy, the manager seemed calm but elated in side. The Inter manager boded his time but brought on Slick and Volkoff as Coloccini refused to be broken down in the 2nd half. On the 74th minute this paid off as Undertaker set up Volkoff for a curling shot that crept into the top right hand corner of the goal. 3 minutes later Slick lobbed a ball in for Undertaker to head home to make it 2-1. Coloccini pressed on but by this stage Inters class was showing. The final whistle blew and Collocinis fans gave their team and manager a standing ovation. Inter progress but not without a scare, they have the smarts to go far.

Eights United 3-1 Rising Phoenix

Eights United faced former top league rival Rising Phoenix in the first round of the cup. Both teams went with an attacking 3-5-2 formation but from the offset United were in control of the game. After 4 minutes Yusri had gained the lead from a blistering shot that went in off the post. Capwell made it 2-0 with a looping header and then scored another before half time to make it 3-0. Phoenix came back into it in the 2nd half but only netted a consolation goal via a grounded long range shot from Parsons. United march on and will be a team most other sides will hope to avoid in the last 16 draw.

****The Comerade Co-op 2-0 Aqui1a All Stars*****

The Co-op opt for a balanced 4-4-2 while All Stars attack with a 4-5-1 formation. The offensive strategy seemed to be working for All Stars as they were getting more attempts on goal than their opponents but it was Vasily Arseniev for The Co-op that scored first with a header in the 17th minute. All Stars remained offensive but were unable to score before the first half ended. Comerade scored again in the early minutes of the second half with a long range shot from David Chmutov and Comerade upped their defence and attempted to wait out the rest of the game. The second half was much tighter but All Stars eventually got another chance to score, unfortunately for them it was saved by Georgi Bazhenov who rightfully earns man of the match as he was the only reason why All Stars failed to go through.

*****Bubbles FC 4-0 Yellow Submarine****

Yellow Submarine make their debut against Bubbles today in a match they won’t forget for a while. Bubbles take advantage of having the stronger team and play 4-5-1 against Submarine’s 4-4-2. Rather predictably this match was quite one-sided. Bubbles had 4 chances in each half against Submarine’s 1 chance all game. Mark Tully scores first with a long range shot in the 18th minute but it was the only goal in the first half of the game as Yellow Submarine kept up a decent defence. In the second half, Submarine’s players were clearly lacking the stamina of their opponents and they began to slip up. In the 55th minute, Edmund Anderton scores the second goal for Bubbles and a few minutes later Mark Tully sets him up for another goal. It felt like the game was over for Yellow Submarine but there was still plenty of time left and Bubbles were able to score a final goal in the 76th minute with a shot in the penalty area from Alexandre Solano.

****Recall United 3-2 Cubic County***

County showed great promise in this game and were clearly looking to suppress Recall with a 4-5-1 formation but Recall surprise them with a tight defence and play a 5-3-2. County are the first to score with a shot in the penalty area coming from Neal Harley in the 27th minute but just two minutes later Brett Whiteside scores from a freekick for Recall United. Recall continued to dominate in the first half of the game but no further goals were scored until the second half when Rhian Deacon scores after a corner in the 53rd minute. County were playing a stronger game in the second half, matching recall chance for chance and in the 77th minute Neal Harley breaks away and scores an equaliser for Cubic County. The minutes were ticking away and the match could still go either way. County were now ahead on chances and would be the ones to go through if the match ended a draw. All Recall needed to do was attack the goal, even if they didn’t score they would still win on attempts on goal but in the 83rd minute Recall manage to score as Frank Marsden takes a shot from right inside the penalty area, winning the game for Recall.

***Seahawks 3-2 Real Peeps****

The fans were expecting a tight game as these two fairly evenly matched teams went head to head and they were not disappointed. Real Peeps were looking to take advantage of Seahawk’s weakened midfield by playing a 4-5-1 formation while Seahawks were forced into a 4-3-3. Seahawks were the first to score as Wallace Curtis scores from a header in the 18th minute but Real Peeps were straight on to the counter-offensive and less than 10 minutes later, Monty Collett had pushed into the penalty area and proceeded to score. After another missed chance from each side, Seahawks managed to score again in the 34th minute with another header, this time from Christiano Aragón.

The second half was well underway and although both teams were getting good chances, they weren’t able to make anything of them. After what seemed like an eternity, Real Peeps were able to score an equaliser in the 85th minute with a long range shot from Tommy Frampton. It seemed like the game would end as a draw which would see Real Peeps go through as they had 7 chances to 6 but in the very last minute of the game Christiano Aragón took a corner for Seahawks and the ball reached Wallace Curtis. With no time to think, Curtis belted the ball towards his opponent’s goal and hoped for the best. It caught Real Peeps’ keeper off guard and went straight through his legs and Seahawks win 3-2!

---

Across the board, almost all of the home teams are through to the next round, the only exception being Coloccini FC who were outclassed by Intergalactico Stars. Will this trend continue to the next round of games? It looks like the teams are more evenly matched in the second round with the possible exception of Dragooooo up against Mcoys Sons so it could go either way and victory is never certain in this game!

I don't get how this is different to the pulling out names?

If we are doing a live draw tomorrow what time is good for you Recall?

Are people able to make it to tomorrows draw? It will be the last live draw I think to round off Jimbobs trilogy :D

It's just so people can see who awaits them from the other game, I'm not really bothered how it's done, I'm cool with anything. :)

It's just so people can see who awaits them from the other game, I'm not really bothered how it's done, I'm cool with anything. :)

Are you saying this is the last round drawn then after that it follows your table? Cause I think that is a good idea I just didn't know if you meant that.

Are you saying this is the last round drawn then after that it follows your table? Cause I think that is a good idea I just didn't know if you meant that.

That's right. Maybe have a quick vote? See if most want it or not.

@heroicjanitor accept the invite.. you'll only lose once. I'll make it quick and painless :p

Likewise. Mcoy needs Dragoo to send his game invitie asap, the latest Mcoy can accept is by 7.30AM because he'll be at work after then and won't be able to come online :(