NEurope
Retro_Link

Zelda Hyrule Historia Artbook

If they were going to have the Hero of Time in Twilight Princess, then they should have shown him as a spirit of his human form (ala end of Star Wars). Maybe as the Adult Link as we know him... and as he is remembered by Hyrule... or they could have aged him to a middle aged warrior, which would give us a glimpse at all the incredible adventures he could have been on.

It could have made for an incredible moment in the series, the first time you meet a former Link and he could have trained you in to a great fighter.

Instead we get some crappy Stalfos type thing with one eye, that just makes it look like he's back from the dead, and armour that has nothing to do with Link.

I like the ambiguity I suppose. Aren't the Stalfos just dead Hylian warriors anyway? Why would Link end up being any different? We also don't know anything about these heroes when they finish the game, it's always possible that, seeking recognition for his efforts as a hero (which never happened in that timeline, as he was made younger again) he turned to a dark side. He was the Link that went to Termina, we don't know what happened after that.

Now with a new Link, he finally has a chance to be forgiven for his turn.

Just a theory. I'm actually loving this post-timeline world. I think Nintendo did it pretty well. They couldn't please everyone, but at least they didn't destroy all credibility in it.

Aren't the Stalfos just dead Hylian warriors anyway? Why would Link end up being any different?
Because he's the Hero of Time!! and bares the Triforce of the Gods!... I like to think they'd look after him!
it's always possible that, seeking recognition for his efforts as a hero (which never happened in that timeline, as he was made younger again) he turned to a dark side.
I'll just pretend you didn't post that! ;)

and as he is remembered by Hyrule...

I don't think he was that well known in the timeline TP is set in.

I don't think he was that well known in the timeline TP is set in.
Well yes ok. My point was, if they're going to use him, then do it well and in a way befitting of a Hero. Show us Link.

Aren't the Stalfos just dead Hylian warriors anyway?

Thought that was just people who wondered into the Lost Forest. Link seemed to be immune though.

Thought that was just people who wondered into the Lost Forest. Link seemed to be immune though.

Stalfos are the big skeleton things. Can't remember what it was, but was either skullkids or wolfos.

And I'm sure it was just a scare tactic, similar to how they'd die if they stepped outside the village/wood.

I always thought that the Hero's Shade in TP was Link from OoT. Glad to know I was right :D

Oracle of Season -> Oracle of Ages is confirmed.

This feels right to me. I always thought that if any of the two games should come first, it should be OoS.

Ganondorf from Four Swords Adventure really is a reincarnation of Ganondorf.

So he's not the same Ganondorf being revived (like in Zelda 2 and the Oracles games), but just a reincarnation of Ganon? Thank god! That never made any sense whatsoever before!

And I'm sure it was just a scare tactic, similar to how they'd die if they stepped outside the village/wood.

The Kokiri could enter the Lost Woods, it was anyone from outside of the forest that got changed. During the Biggoron Sword trade sequence there's a guy in the forest when you go back later he's gone and a Kokiri says he got turned into a Stalfos/Skullkid.

The Kokiri could enter the Lost Woods, it was anyone from outside of the forest that got changed. During the Biggoron Sword trade sequence there's a guy in the forest when you go back later he's gone and a Kokiri says he got turned into a Stalfos/Skullkid.
Yeah strangely they say he got turned into a Stalfos don't they, which I always thought was a little strange (and put it down to maybe a translation error), as it's the Skullkids that are meant to be those who get lost in the woods right? (all that guy had to do was go out of there and turn left :p) The Stalfos are out there roaming Hyrule field.

But seeing as now we have an official timeline which everyone seems to have now settled on, it seems future Zelda games will be much more directly obvious where / when they happen?

So what parts of the timeline which aren't yet filled would you like to see made into a game?

I always though that OoT was the Sealing War, but now that it isn't, I'd like to see that. Not RTS or anything, but it'd be cool to have the Wii U make a really realistic Hyrule Field war going on, while you're off finding items which'll help the Hylians.

That or they could totally set the next one just in some totally unexpected setting and not tell us when it in the timeline it is, just for old time's sake.

Yeah I think that's the game a lot of fans have been asking for... telling the story of the Great Hylian War that preceeds Ocarina of Time and you hear of Links Mother escaping from.

It's a strange one though, because obviously it's only 10/12 years or so before Ocarina of Time is it (based on Young Links Age)?... meaning presuming two Hero's don't exist at the same time?... the Link you'd play as in that game would die during? *mindfuck*

Would you play as The Hero of Time Link's Hylian Father? Did he have a Father? Would you meet his Father as a Hylian Soldier during a side quest and help him out? Maybe you could help his Pregnant Wife escape? *nod*

I've always wanted a game when you play as Zelda and Link. It'd be a day-night system. During the day, Link would travel around Hyrule doing tasks and stuff, and then he'd have to get back to his village before curfew.

Then at night, Zelda would escape from her palace and complete tasks you'd done, or do her own thing. And she'd have to return before sunrise and she is discovered missing.

The two characters wouldn't meet until later in the game, no knowing who is helping them. And they'd have different abilities or ways to use the same items.

Also with all of these timelines in place, how long do you it'll be before Nintendo names a game "The Missing Link"?

^ That Day/Night/Link/Zelda concept sounds like a good one to me!

Would it be Zelda or Shiek?

Sheik could make for quite a different game, with plenty of stealth, fast paced combat, evasive smoke screen, throwing weapons etc...

It'd imagine a sort of amalgamation of the two. Sheik, but far more undeniably female. But obviously undercover, so people don't know she is the Princess. It'd really be no different then the different Links in Majora's Mask. Some places only Zelda could go, some places only Link could go.

Yeah I think Sheik should be removed... and give Zelda a downward B attack, and then give Sheik's moveset to SS Impa. Cos SS Impa is awesome, and Impa in general is an important and recurring Zelda character.

You could also always do Toon Zelda / Tetra as a two-character fighter.

Of course Ghirahim would also be excellent and crazy, but they don't tend to put minor/one-game characters in it.

The almighty power of folklore was lusted over by many, many people and there was a never ending struggle over the Triforce.

The Triforce was enshrined in the Temple of Light and Rauru was isolated from the world inside the Sacred Realm to continue to protect the power of the gods.

The Sage of Light, Rauru, constructed the Temple of Time around the only entrance to the Sacred Realm which housed the Triforce. The Sacred Realm was sealed with the Master Sword, along with the ability to pass through time. The Master Sword's pedestal was closed off behind the Door of Time and three sacred stones acted as keys, which were guarded by the trusted people of the forest, the people of water, and the people of fire.

While Link was able to pull out the Master Sword, his body was too young to be a hero. Hence, the Master Sword sealed Link in the Sacred realm.

The ancient sage Rauru managed to protect the small space called the Chamber of Sages inside the Temple of Light, the pillar of the Sacred Realm. Rauru watched over Link as he remained asleep for 7 years.

Before Link pulled the Master Sword out, he followed Link's adventures as the owl Kaepora Gaebora.

So if i am reading this right is that Rauru had moved the triforce into Sacred Realm and constructed the Temple of Time around the master sword resting place.

So if i am reading this right is that Rauru had moved the triforce into Sacred Realm and constructed the Temple of Time around the master sword resting place.

Half right.

The Temple of Time already existed, only it was in the desert and house a gate that allowed someone to travle through time. That place was destroyed, even before the game began although the gate still worked but there was another temple in the woods that also housed a gate of time and became the resting place of the mastersword long before the sages piped up.

Raura would have contructed his Chamber of Sages inside the Temple of Light which was inside the already existing Temple of Time.

We already know the Temple of Light resides in the Temple of Time because of Twilight Princess... even if it was cocked up in the western translation.

I like the idea of timeline in which the hero failed because it does explain how the triforce became one again in ALTTP though it would also be somwhat off. In that game, it introduced the idea of Ganondorf Dragmire the thief. He managed to get into the sacred realm by his own hand and get hold of the triforce before transforming it into the dark world. I think the idea being that the big form Ganon represented his greed for power. Unless that story has now retconned. Then again, the story in the Japanese version of the game was a bit different to the west, as I understand it, so maybe it was our version that was wrong.

Also, one thing that does puzzle me is what is the cause for the creation of a new Link? Everytime there has been a villian, a new Link has appeared. Every time, except for the time the flood occurred. I know Link went back in time and so the Hero was removed from the timeline. But since Ganon had been sealed away anyway, unless he escaped so quickly that another Link didn't have chance to be born, I don't get why he wasn't there. Him being away in Termina would have made far more sense in the way that two Links couldn't exist at the same time but that is on the other timeline.

The only way to possibly explain it is that the Hero Link never gets reborn along that timeline and every other instance of him is just, quite literally, some boy who happened to be around by chance rather than fate.

Maybe that is the point, that there is nothing magical about these Links - that they are ordinary in a physical sense.

We already know the Temple of Light resides in the Temple of Time because of Twilight Princess

Do we? What makes you say that with any certainty?