NEurope
EEVILMURRAY

Expendables 2

I just need to activate Skynet and watch everyone die.

Oh no no no... The FIRST ones had RUBBER skin and WE SPOTTED THEM EASY... Are you sure this is the path you want to go down?

First ones? There were some pretty realistic ones 50,000 years ago.

First ones? There were some pretty realistic ones 50,000 years ago.

Are we even talking about the same thing any more?

geeeeeeez Arnie looks so haggard. How the hell is he gonna pull of the Terminator when that series "reboots" in the next few years....

The guy is a 64 year old ex bodybuilder.

I hope I look that good when I'm his age...

The guy is a 64 year old ex bodybuilder.

I hope I look that good when I'm his age...

True...some people don't even look that good in their 20's. Still should he really be playing these kind of roles? But then what else is he going to do he can't actually act?! (hmmm not technically true the bit at the end of T2 still gets me every time)

He doesn't look that bad really. It just looks like he just woke up, got out of bed, picked up his gun and started taking out bad guys. Pretty standard start to Arnie's day i'm sure.

True...some people don't even look that good in their 20's. Still should he really be playing these kind of roles? But then what else is he going to do he can't actually act?! (hmmm not technically true the bit at the end of T2 still gets me every time)

Every role that Arnie has taken on has been tailored for him. He doesn't act the part, the film part is manipulated to suit him and his style. Look at Kindergarten Cop. There is no other actor in the world who could have nailed it, because it was a bespoken role for him.

I will still argue that his Terminator in the first film is one of the greatest movie villains of all time. He doesn't have a great wealth of lines, but he has the physique and the mannerisms to suit the role. The part that makes his role even more interesting is that when you compare his physical attributes to other men, he stands out in a "super human" kinda way. Almost of a parody of the role that he is playing.

geeeeeeez Arnie looks so haggard. How the hell is he gonna pull of the Terminator when that series "reboots" in the next few years....

They'll tart him up digitally! I'm sure they did that in T3, they'll just have to do twice as much this time!

(sorry Arnie, still love you)

Every role that Arnie has taken on has been tailored for him. He doesn't act the part, the film part is manipulated to suit him and his style. Look at Kindergarten Cop. There is no other actor in the world who could have nailed it, because it was a bespoken role for him.

I will still argue that his Terminator in the first film is one of the greatest movie villains of all time. He doesn't have a great wealth of lines, but he has the physique and the mannerisms to suit the role. The part that makes his role even more interesting is that when you compare his physical attributes to other men, he stands out in a "super human" kinda way. Almost of a parody of the role that he is playing.

And to think they were soooo close to casting Lance Henriksen in the role:

600full-lance-henriksen.jpg

Before he of course got cast as Vukovich and apparently got the role of Bishop as way of apology.

And to think they were soooo close to casting Lance Henriksen in the role:

600full-lance-henriksen.jpg

Before he of course got cast as Vukovich and apparently got the role of Bishop as way of apology.

Yeah, that's true. I think there was even a mock up shot or something of Lance as the Terminator before they gave it to Arnie.

Lance would've done a good job, but it wouldn't be the Terminator we know now. He's not as physically imposing or as strong as Arnie. As an infiltrator, Lance's Terminator probably would've been better as he blends in more.

Yeah, that's true. I think there was even a mock up shot or something of Lance as the Terminator before they gave it to Arnie.

Lance would've done a good job, but it wouldn't be the Terminator we know now. He's not as physically imposing or as strong as Arnie. As an infiltrator, Lance's Terminator probably would've been better as he blends in more.

I think the plan was to have a the terminator in the Robert Patrick mold originally...the cold ruthless type rather than the cold physically imposing one we got.

I think the plan was to have a the terminator in the Robert Patrick mold originally...the cold ruthless type rather than the cold physically imposing one we got.

Actually, not sure if you know or not, but Robert Patrick's Terminator was what Cameron initially wanted in the original at one stage. The shape-shifting type. The only problem and drawback was the special effects available at the time and the budget. He kept the idea for Terminator 2 and the rest is history.

I remember reading that Arnie was originally cast as Kyle Reese in T1 but when they realized just how imposing he was, they convinced him to play the Terminator.

Also I think Arnie should make many more action films. The way he acts (or doesn't) just make all his films awesome. Generally I prefer the Arnie and Stallone type of action hero over any of the "modern" ones.

I remember reading that Arnie was originally cast as Kyle Reese in T1 but when they realized just how imposing he was, they convinced him to play the Terminator.

Also I think Arnie should make many more action films. The way he acts (or doesn't) just make all his films awesome. Generally I prefer the Arnie and Stallone type of action hero over any of the "modern" ones.

Yeah, that's also true. He's much, much bigger than Lance Henrikson, so James Cameron wasn't sure how that was going to work. There's also stories about how James initially wanted Arnie off the project and would think of ways to get Arnie fired from it. :laughing:

QFT.

Modern action heroes are all touchy-feely-introspective-types who agonise over everything and whether or not it's responsible to let love into their life because they might die at any time and their daddy ran away when they were five and their mummy was all distant and mean and became a lesbian so he thinks that all the girls will eventually turn against him and he doesn't want to reveal the sensitive poetic soul behind the M16...

...JUST BLOW SHIT UP, GODAMMIT.

Generally I prefer the Arnie and Stallone type of action hero over any of the "modern" ones.
QFT.

Modern action heroes are all touchy-feely-introspective-types who agonise over everything and whether or not it's responsible to let love into their life because they might die at any time and their daddy ran away when they were five and their mummy was all distant and mean and became a lesbian so he thinks that all the girls will eventually turn against him and he doesn't want to reveal the sensitive poetic soul behind the M16...

...JUST BLOW SHIT UP, GODAMMIT.

What modern action heroes are you guys talkin about?

Shia LaBeouf, obviously.

He's the Schwarzenegger of our time.

Does Shia LaBeouf stop to talk about his feelings a lot? I don't watch a lot of movies.

What modern action heroes are you guys talkin about?

Like that fellow from "Drive", also "Leon". Whatsisface from Avatar. That crap guy who puts on a big-boy voice for Batman who played John Connor in Terminator Salvation. Oh yeah: Bond in the last two films.