NEurope
jayseven

Archiving N-E

I second not killing the mafia threads. It's awesome, being able to check an old game thread.

I'm sure other people are capable of suggesting the best Gen Chit Chat threads in N-E (dynastygal and King_V's V are already covered, anyway).

And I don't know what sort of criteria will be made for the gaming boards, but at the very least, The Best Gaming Music Ever thread should be kept. If I had to choose just one, it would be that one.

I dunno if I have much to contribute, but I should think any obvious megathreads should be. Wasn't there some mahoosaive mafia game at some point?

I dunno if I have much to contribute, but I should think any obvious megathreads should be. Wasn't there some mahoosaive mafia game at some point?

The Gentleman's Mafia?

The Gentleman's Mafia?

Heh, they were pretty awesome actually. But no! It was YOUR space mafia! Not that I was ever in it, I just remember one day deciding to check out the biggest threads of Gen Chit Chat and that was one of the non-megathread ones! I never read that mafia given its size, mind, but I'd imagine something so big would have had to have been pretty awesome. Looking now I see there were a couple more super-huge mafias, actually.

Man, that was an awesome mafia :grin: Also the first one I won. Man, the players behaved so differently back then. And I can see I was a bit inactive, even.

And damn, people have enough info to lynch Darksnowman, but let him alive for 25 pages... But that ending was totally worth it.

Ah I can't find it using the search engine but there was a thread where we all suggested our own Smash Bros Brawl characters years ago...if anyone can find it, 'twould be much appreciated.

Heh, they were pretty awesome actually. But no! It was YOUR space mafia! Not that I was ever in it, I just remember one day deciding to check out the biggest threads of Gen Chit Chat and that was one of the non-megathread ones! I never read that mafia given its size, mind, but I'd imagine something so big would have had to have been pretty awesome. Looking now I see there were a couple more super-huge mafias, actually.

Man, that was an awesome mafia :grin: Also the first one I won. Man, the players behaved so differently back then. And I can see I was a bit inactive, even.

And damn, people have enough info to lynch Darksnowman, but let him alive for 25 pages... But that ending was totally worth it.

I'd forgotten about the Space Mafia until you mentioned it in his Phoenix Wright Mafia sign up thread yesterday, Jonnas. I think at the start we had someone killed (ReZ/ Lord Vader) but we regrouped and pulled through for the evil victory...! :laughing: The people I added on MSN for it still have the nicknames I gave them like ReZ/ Lord Vader, Mr Paul/ HAL 9000, Mundi/ Six the Tart... who else did we have? I should log back onto MSN sometime and check my contact list, haha. Or someone could stick up a link to the thread and we can relive it. Good times.

I think I stopped playing mafia games after the first Pokémon one, the theme just felt a bit boring or maybe it was just too many mafia games too quickly. I put the biggest effort into the first one, being paired with jayseven and Rokhed as a trio of nosey neighbours. It seemed to have a good atmosphere and captured my imagination the most. I remember going through the thread and making notes to try and unlock the mafia mystery. :geek: Then jayseven stabbed me in the back, I think. Or did someone like Shino or thunderer (thundaga?) assassinate me then I found out jayseven was a heartless killer and not the nosey neighbour confidante I'd thought. :cry: Gutted.

I'd forgotten about the Space Mafia until you mentioned it in his Phoenix Wright Mafia sign up thread yesterday, Jonnas. I think at the start we had someone killed (ReZ/ Lord Vader) but we regrouped and pulled through for the evil victory...! :laughing: The people I added on MSN for it still have the nicknames I gave them like ReZ/ Lord Vader, Mr Paul/ HAL 9000, Mundi/ Six the Tart... who else did we have? I should log back onto MSN sometime and check my contact list, haha. Or someone could stick up a link to the thread and we can relive it. Good times.

I think I stopped playing mafia games after the first Pokémon one, the theme just felt a bit boring or maybe it was just too many mafia games too quickly. I put the biggest effort into the first one, being paired with jayseven and Rokhed as a trio of nosey neighbours. It seemed to have a good atmosphere and captured my imagination the most. I remember going through the thread and making notes to try and unlock the mafia mystery. :geek: Then jayseven stabbed me in the back, I think. Or did someone like Shino or thunderer (thundaga?) assassinate me then I found out jayseven was a heartless killer and not the nosey neighbour confidante I'd thought. :cry: Gutted.

Rummy already posted a link, actually. There was also Martinist and Lazyboy.

And that mafia was the second, not the first one. And it was also pretty epic, it's like a new threat to the town popped up at all moments, but it was never actually the mafia itself, and then it was revealed the mafia was only a recruiter and a few recruits, which caused the final twist.

And I think Shino was the one to kill you. By saying BOOM HEADSHOT in the thread :heh:

Yeah I would really really like to keep either all mafias or all Pokemafias. Really really really.

Original G maff for sure imo. No offense to all the other games/runners, but that's the only one I think stands out enough as something special in recent times to warrant keeping, without opening the floodgates to keeping like...every single one. It'd be nice if there was an easy way for people to archive their own threads if they wanted to...

I'll find the links later but we should keep all the forum awards threads as well

EDIT: Here we go:

Dont think we ever got the 2008 results!

Erm...2008 was erased from time.

Just to let you know, archiving has been put on the back-burner thanks to Ashley's weeding and Shorty wheelbarrowing what fertile lands he could find over to a new server. We aren't experiencing the same downtime as we were before, so this is of little urgency :)

Still, if you have any further candidates then feel free to share them. Can't harm future potential plans!

I think weeding in October seems a bit weird. Ashley is probably just using it as an excuse to get away from us. As usual. :cry:

I seem to remember way back when, a thread where people posted their Xmas trees, and someone posted a photo with their dad in it. And then the photoshopping began. And it was good.

I'll have a look for a link, but i doubt i'll ever find it.

EDIT:

Well that was easy:

http://www.n-europeforums.com/showthread.php?t=2802&highlight=post+christmas+tree

Edited by 130131301364
Found it!

I seem to remember way back when, a thread where people posted their Xmas trees, and someone posted a photo with their dad in it. And then the photoshopping began. And it was good.

I'll have a look for a link, but i doubt i'll ever find it.

EDIT:

Well that was easy:

http://www.n-europeforums.com/showthread.php?t=2802&highlight=post+christmas+tree

It'd be good if it wasn't all dead images :(

Yes, the sands of internet time have not been kind to that thread...