N-Europe

Easy ways to get rid of CD's wholesale....

flameboy

Ok so as some of you know I am at some point in the next year looking at emigrating to canada as part of this process I am clearing out ALL my CD's. I can't possibly move them. Far too many and sacrafices have to be made and this is one such....so does anyone know of an easy way to get rid of the them?

I have hundreds....so selling them on ebay will be a ballache I hate using ebay at the best of times let alone when trying to sell stuff.

I saw musicmagpie but they only give 30p for some CD's although to be fair we are looking at 300ish maybe more CD's but still doesn't come to a lot.

did think of carbooting but no car makes it hard lol and not sure I would make more than the 30p of musicmagpie often see cd's going for 10p at carboots.

Anyone know anywhere else?

Yah hear you all just wondered if I'm missing a service....gumtree might be a good call...I'm gonna post them all in musicmagpie and review the total before deciding if it's way below what I'm prepared to let them for go for then maybe I shall review my options. Thing is if you look at amazon market place people are selling CD's for nothing....

There are places/people that will buy 'job lots' of CDs but you won't get a great sum of money. Could you do what I did, regarding car booting; take a wheeled suitcase and a groundsheet and just lay stuff out. I was selling CDs for 50p, including radiohead, pulp fiction and trainspotting soundtracks -- really just down to whether people will fork over the money.

(quite a fan of selling at car boots at the moment :P)

Realistically, how much do you want for 300 CDs?

Yeah you'll probably have to just do them yourself. Post a list of them up in places, say you'll only sell X amount minimum, put a price on it? Are you planning to price them individually, put them in bands, or just blanket price them all? With 300 maybe sell them in 10s or 20s minimum and it won't be such a big job?

There are places/people that will buy 'job lots' of CDs but you won't get a great sum of money. Could you do what I did, regarding car booting; take a wheeled suitcase and a groundsheet and just lay stuff out. I was selling CDs for 50p, including radiohead, pulp fiction and trainspotting soundtracks -- really just down to whether people will fork over the money.

(quite a fan of selling at car boots at the moment :P)

Realistically, how much do you want for 300 CDs?

I guess 50p a cd is a fair amount...so thats what £150. I'd be happy with this amount.

No way you'd get £150 selling them en masse to a dealer. If you car-boot, you are unlikely to sell all of them either. To some extent having so many items on sale is off-putting for perusers.

If you're in no hurry and have other things to sell, I'd definitely recommend car-booting. Find a friend who has a sunday morning spare (and pray for good weather!). Otherwise, you'll probably get something like £50 max for a job-lot to a dealer, I'm afraid.

I used music magpie recently. Yeah they don't give you a great deal (but what are you really expecting for CDs? They're a dead media already) but it's really easy, you can get an app to scan them all in on your phone, and I think if you do over 100 CDs they send a courier round to pick them up. I got 2 cheques from Music Magpie and both were for exactly the amount quoted (nothing knocked off for case quality etc)