NEurope
Haden

Xpert 11 Season 20: The Ascent into History

Your defence had a co-operative rating of 5. Maybe you should look into that? Looking at your other matches it generally looks bad, always staying under 15 and a few times under 10. He got a star more than you and assume there is a reason for it?

It's not just you. Aqui1a decimated my team today... how does an away team playing normally get as many chances and more possession than the home team playing offensively? I'll never understand this game.

Mcoy would like to see a screenprint of the match report and he'll happily look Into It :)

Mcoy picked up a nasty injury today but a season can't be perfect.

I'm shocked by my result...4-0! Away from home. Delighted. You should've seen my face when I checked the result at work.

I almost bottled it yesterday and thought about playing an aggressive defensive game. In the end, I thought I may as well go and have a go. After a run of 3 away games without defeat, I've got a home game next. Hope I can get something from that.

DRAGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Your defence had a co-operative rating of 5. Maybe you should look into that? Looking at your other matches it generally looks bad, always staying under 15 and a few times under 10. He got a star more than you and assume there is a reason for it?

I think that may be it I am sure they said the new rules made co-op rating more important.

Check who gets on with each other, new players take a while to blend in.

Very pleased with victory today deffo needed it to make sure I didn't have such a bad start as last season. And Fierce Link this is what I was trying to tell you all this time! This game rocks! :D

I think that may be it I am sure they said the new rules made co-op rating more important.

Check who gets on with each other, new players take a while to blend in.

Very pleased with victory today deffo needed it to make sure I didn't have such a bad start as last season. And Fierce Link this is what I was trying to tell you all this time! This game rocks! :D

I knew I would be addicted. I didn't want to start it, for that very reason.

The past few nights, I've been nervously staying up til midnight, to ensure that my transfers made it through. :red:

I've been putting in random search criteria into the transfer section, hoping to find bargains.

I'm cumming day and niiight.

lol What's going on!? You can't just share and discuss my tactics like this! lol

Sorry I forgot others couldn't see them, I deleted it :p

The Final Three are showing they have the strongest bond!

Three%2BMusketeers%2Bin%2BMan%2Bin%2Bthe%2BIron%2BMask.png

Week 3

The Final Three: 25

Odwin 11

Eights 5

Cube 9

Hurricanes: 21

Elites 10

Bubbles 3

Blades 8

Legacy: 20

Haden 3

Inter 7

Co-op 10

… 18

Mcoy 10

Rising Phoenix 8

???

… 16

Silverdale 4

All Stars 5

DuD 7

Chartreuse Trio: 10

Madpool 7

Rez 1

Peeps 2

Week 4

The Final Three: 27

Odwin 11

Eights 6

Cube 10

Legacy: 22

Haden 5

Inter 8

Co-op 9

Hurricanes: 21

Elites 10

Bubbles 3

Blades 8

… 16

Mcoy 10

Rising Phoenix 6

???

… 13

Silverdale 3

All Stars 5

DuD 5

Chartreuse Trio: 10

Madpool 7

Rez 1

Peeps 2

Final three should remember teh positioning last season. Hurricanes are showing the most consistency, team-wise.

Flink; very pleased you're enjoying it :) I'm going to pretend that our draw boosted your confidence and maintained your level of interest. Truth is I didn't set tactics, and it's a dirty stain on my record this season. The return leg, I promise you fireworks. CATHERINE WHEELS OF BRUTALITY AND SPARKLERS OF WRATH!

Final three should remember teh positioning last season. Hurricanes are showing the most consistency, team-wise.

Flink; very pleased you're enjoying it :) I'm going to pretend that our draw boosted your confidence and maintained your level of interest. Truth is I didn't set tactics, and it's a dirty stain on my record this season. The return leg, I promise you fireworks. CATHERINE WHEELS OF BRUTALITY AND SPARKLERS OF WRATH!

Excuses, excuses. ;)

I'll take the points any way that I can. :heh:

But yes, loving it so far. Question: Is there any other way to train your players apart from form training? How do you raise the player's skill level? Does that automatically happen at the end of each season or something?

Yes to the last one. Higher the dv(development value) the higher the skill increase in the change report after the end of the season. The average form along with match play decide dv.

Played quite a weak team going forward so disappointed but not surprised at the narrow defeat. No need for panic yet.

Excuses, excuses. ;)

I'll take the points any way that I can. :heh:

But yes, loving it so far. Question: Is there any other way to train your players apart from form training? How do you raise the player's skill level? Does that automatically happen at the end of each season or something?

No there isn't but form may go up if they had a good game or down if they had a shocker.

Skill level is changed a few days after the end of the season. The Dev value that you can access on your players screen or by hovering over them, the value of this at the end of the season dictates this.

This value is boosted by two things, games played and average form. The more games a player plays the more it will go up and the higher their average form the more it will go up. A dip in average form can also drag it down.

If the dev value is below 10 at the end of the season the player will lose skill, if it is 10 it will stay the same if it is above 10 they will go up.

By going up what you see as say a 5 skill player could be anything inbetween 5-5.9 so a player who is 5.0 skill and has a dev value of 12 at the end of the season may go up to say 5.4 and you won't see a physical difference even though he has gone up.

Generally aiming for 15 dev value is good for youths and 13-14 for veteran players, 15 should ensure they go up a skill level. However many people here go for 16, 17 etc the max is 20 but depending on the size of your squad it may be impossible to play and keep a players average form up that much to get him to above 16 so don't worry if you don't.

A 5-skill player would be between 4.5 and 5.5 according to the rules.

I would aim for 16 for youths, I don't think 15 guarantees a skill increase.

A 5-skill player would be between 4.5 and 5.5 according to the rules.

I would aim for 16 for youths, I don't think 15 guarantees a skill increase.

Ah yes thank you I thought I had that bit wrong but wasn't sure, yeh 16 is a good number I think different managers will tell you different things Fierce Link but you will find out more at the end of the season.

Wooo, my striker Ronaldo is on 15 Dev.val already! Footballers with this name tend to be genetic freaks anyway so i'm not suprised! :heh:

Why am I not winning any matches?

Listen to Mcoy's advice, you're playing too offensive and leaving yourself open at the back!

Mcoy has rarely won away with 3-5-2 formation. Anything above normal playstyle is suicidal against a team that is even half prepared for It.

If you're lucky you may win by a goal or two but the chances are you'll be beaten with a very heavy score, especially if your teams away form is bad. Mcoy would seriously recommend trying 4-4-2/4-5-1 and play offensive/defensive depending on your opponent and where you're playing at. At home you can be a bit more risky where as away you may want to be more cautious.

3 matches, 3 wins. PLayed the youth throughout so my real test and real squad starts now.

Oddy probably going to go defensive yet again against me just to retain his top spot for that little bit longer.

ReZ just some advice, like Mcoy I'd recommend fleshing out your midfield and defence which is clearly stronger than your forwards.

Mcoy has a lot of wise words. Also I want to mention that you play 3-4-3 way too much. It never really worked out for me many season ago so I quit using it entirely. As Mcoy said, don't be so offensive when playing away. Have at least 4 players in the back.

Got Recall away on Tuesday. Ready to beat him for the 6th time in a row and 10-3 overall :grin:

Ah, cheers for the advice/knowledge, guys. I'm a bit more clued up now! Thanks.

ReZ: If you think about it in terms of actual real-life football, a team would get torn to pieces if they played 3-4-3...especially away from home. It's a very attack formation.

Also, who is the owner of Ganja Farmers? Just curious as I have them next. Not sure which user from here it is.

Also, who is the owner of Ganja Farmers? Just curious as I have them next. Not sure which user from here it is.

Not sure if they are a member of the forum, but ... they haven't been online on Xpert11 since 20th August so you have a great advantage! Buy their most recent tactics report so you can counter their tactics exactly, then play a youth team. You'll win but will have gained some good youth dev.

It's the Lower League way!