NEurope
Haden

Xpert 11 Season 20: The Ascent into History

Been playing a lot of weakened teams recently because it's time for rebuilding.

However come the double against @Ellmeister I'll be playing full strength squads with bruise on. :)

Happy with the win, but not a convincing performance unfortunately. Lots of pressure to get 3 points in the next game.

Grant Shore is a superstar :) his DV is at 16. Hopefully he'll go up two levels at the end of the season. Can DV drop?

ffs MadDog, fourth? You're really dragging this alliance down.

ffs n-e let me thank posts!!

5-0 - another clean sheet, but more importantly I won with a wider margin than my rivals did.

As cube said, this double will decide who wins the league. I repeat it, but the only points I've dropped are when I forgot to set my tactics -- and even then it was a 0-0 draw. Comerade co-op scored against me and I'm sure Cube will, too. Cube has the strongest team in the league. I do wonder how much of a difference my team has playing away first -- I think we'll taste our first defeat of teh season... but I think I have a better midfield and a better defense - our keepers are perhaps even, but I think he has a better strike force. My prediction is 3-1 to cube for the first match and 2-0 on the return leg. I am fairly sure I'll take my fair share of points -- but it's certain that this double header decides 1st and 2nd place in the lower league.

SORRY FOR LATES - this is the report for last Tuesday's games. Friday's report will be done soon.

N-Euro Middle League Round Seven

Mcoys Sons have a tough away game against rivals The Sixty-Fourthers, ReZs Rabies are back off form, Real Peeps have another shocker, other stuff.

****Bubbles FC 3-1 AFC ReZs Rabies***

Well after defeating their allies last round, ReZs Rabies fall back into bad habits and leave themselves wide open with an offensive away game. Bubbles were on fire in the first half of the game with four chances to none. Rabies were forced into their own half by an oppressive Bubbles FC who were playing for all the points. No goals were scored in the first half, making the second half that much more exciting. Bubbles broke the silence first with a shot in the penalty area but Rabies got their own back not 5 minutes later. Rabies had much more possession in this half but just couldn't get through Bubbles FC's defences. As soon as they regained the ball, Bubbles FC took it straight to Rabies and scored two more goals within two minutes of each other to win the game 3-1.

***Seahawks 4-0 Real Peeps***

Yet another complete shutout for Real Peeps, you have to wonder if they're even trying! Seahawks kept things even with two goals in each half while Real Peeps were having a nightmare, earning three bookings from this game.

***Rising Phoenix 3-2 Aqui1a All Stars***

A close and tense game was had between these two teams this round. Rising Phoenix were leading for most of the game but All Stars kept close behind them and really made Rising Phoenix work for their three points. Twelve minutes in and we see the first goal of the game scored by Jean-Jacques Piquet of Rising Phoenix but All Stars weren't going to take it lying down and scored an equaliser soon after. Rising Phoenix manage to score again and the first half ends in their favour at 2-1. It must've been a rough game for both teams as the referee handed 5 yellows, 3 for Phoenix and two for All Stars but neither team suffered any serious injuries. All Stars manage to close the gap in the score in the 74th minute but a later corner spelled their doom as Paul Crossley headers it in for Rising Phoenix.

**Happenstance FC 1-0 Intergalactico Stars***

It seems that the players in Intergalactico Stars are too superstitious for their own good as they once again fail to take any points away from Happenstance FC. Happenstance only earned a two star rating in this game compared to three for Nikos but it's Happenstance FC that scored the goal. Happenstance FC clearly know how to play against Stars flashy players as not even the likes of Zidane or Ronaldo could do a thing against the home side. Intergalactico were in trouble in the first half after Terry Hogan was seriously injured but they managed to shut Happenstance out at least for the first 45 minutes, but three minutes into the second half Eddy Jefferson scores for Happenstance FC and despite having more chances, Stars just couldn't equalise.

****The Sixty-Fourthers 2-0 Mcoys Sons***

It could've been a close game today as these two giants finally face each other but The Sixty-Fourthers simply had to wear Mcoys Sons down. No goals in the first half but The Sixty-Fourthers were relentless (having 8 chances to 3) and finally scored their two goals towards the end of the game.

Most Important Result: The Sixty-Fourthers 2-0 Mcoys Sons, we can all see it's going to be one of these two teams that win the Middle League and by besting the Sons today, The Sixty-Fourthers earn valuable points but more importantly keep Sons from getting any surprise points on them.

Stylish Play: Rising Phoenix, although it was a close game, Rising Phoenix were leading throughout and any time All Stars caught up, they simply scored another.

Best Player: Fionnbarra Forde, Bubbles FC, things looked up for Bubbles FC when they scored the first goal of the game 50 minutes in but when Rabies equalised four minutes later, their enthusiasm dropped. That is until Fionnbarra Forde took it upon himself to win the game for his team. As soon as Bubbles gained possession he sprinted into open space and cleanly scored from a cross. Two minutes later he did exactly the same thing again leaving ReZs Rabies completely dumbfounded.

N-Euro Middle League Round Eight

The Sixty-Fourthers' luck run out this round as they play away to Intergalactico, Mcoys Sons are back on track today after suffering another setback last round, Aqui1a All Stars continue their descent towards the relegation zone, Rabies and Peeps cause no alarms and no surprises.

*****Intergalactico Stars 4-1 The Sixty-Fourthers***

Intergalactico had to prove themselves today after suffering humiliation at the hands of Happenstance FC last round as they play The Sixty-Fourthers who were perhaps too complacent after their victory against Mcoys Sons. Straight away you could see Stars had the better tactics as they dominate the first half to score three goals and completely shut out The Sixty-Fourthers. Half an hour into the second half, The Sixty-Fourthers regain a little composure and Oliverio Ribeiro scores from a header but their hopes of a comeback were shot down once Zinedine Zidane scores after a corner to end the game at 4-1.

***Mcoys Sons 2-0 Bubbles FC**

A much poorer show than what we're used to from these two teams but Mcoys Sons on poor form are still a more than formidable side. Mcoys Sons had two chances in the first half and scored from them both, leaving Bubbles FC's players quite frustrated in the second half when they couldn't break through at all. Connor Tone was given a yellow card late in the game which only made him angrier and he was shamefully sent off in the 92nd minute.

***Happenstance FC 3-0 Aqui1a All Stars****

All Stars had plenty of possession and as many chances as Happenstance FC but they just couldn't get past the keeper as they fail to score at all in this game. A very tense first half was played out with possession switching between the two teams so quickly the ball looked more like a yo-yo. Neither team managed to create any chances for themselves in the first half but both teams stepped it up in the second half and had five chances each. However it was only Happenstance FC that managed to follow through with any, scoring their first goal three minutes into the second half. Vincent Gault of Happenstance FC set up the next goal in the 82nd minute but wasn't content with 2-0 and went on to score the third goal for Happenstance FC in the 91st minute.

***AFC ReZs Rabies 0-4 Seahawks FC****

Seahawks have another easy game after thrashing Real Peeps 4-0 last round. With 9 chances to 1, Seahwaks dominated the game. Seahawks broke through Rabies defence early on in the game and scored all of their goals in the first half of the game. Rabies were the stronger team in the second half but it was too little too late as they fail to score from their own chance in the game, though they did manage to stop two more attempts on goal from Seahawks.

****Real Peeps 1-3 Rising Phoenix****

Real Peeps score the first goal of the game after 11 minutes and it looked like their luck was changing - until Rising Phoenix scored two minutes later. Real Peeps were still in with a chance as the first half ended at 1-1, but Rising Phoenix stormed the second half of the game scoring another goal straight away. Real Peeps manage another shot on goal but to no avail and spend the rest of the game in their own half trying to keep Rising Phoenix out. In the 82nd minute any hope of equalising was shattered as Kaj Eklind scores a third goal for Rising Phoenix.

Most Important Result: Intergalactico Stars 4-1 The Sixty Fourthers, Intergalactico are in third at the moment but they're far from safe, however this result against the division leaders may prove to be invaluable as the season goes on.

Stylish Play: Seahawks FC, credit to Intergalactico again but Seahawks executed amazing skill against ReZs Rabies this round. The event report of the first half is nothing but goals as Seahawks set each other up to score 4 out of 7 chances.

Best Player: Nikolai Volkoff, Intergalactico Stars, it was a free for all of goals as Intergalactico get 10 chances at goal against The Sixty-Fourthers but Nikolai Volkoff was the only player precise enough to make his shots count, scoring two for the team.

@gaggle64 @heroicjanitor @ReZourceman @Nikos9 @Aqui1a @Brian Mcoy @Happenstance

ffs n-e let me thank posts!!

I'll second that! Still 60 posts off 100 myself, well...59 now!

Got an event mail today. For a tiny second I misread 9 500 econs as 9 500 000 :cry:

My youth keeper slipped on a banana skin and will be out for five days. Annoying.

Are you saying you were going to play your youth keeper against me during the double? Cheeky :P

Goal disallowed. Penalty missed.

I came so close :( A draw isn't bad against such a good team though. gg Gaggle :P

Oh, man. I was proper nervous before clicking -- 2-2! I got to accept that considering I was away from home. The match description was fairly boring/standard. The x11 for the week is 5 of my players and 6 of cubes, with me taking manager of the round. I love how everyone on my team played completely out of their socks for what was essentially the most important game of the season.

Friday's return leg is crucial! Aaaah!

Ekspected loss but I think I did well. A win against dyson away shouldn't be too impossible.

VICTORY!

It had to happen sooner or later.

Edited by The Peeps

Ah well, as i said before i'll say again. This is a bad time to develop my team, but develop it i need to do. Most of my squad look near retirement age, and i need replacements. I do look to win, but if i don't win (actually, i meant when i lose) at least the players are getting experience.

I really need to win tomorrow. Anything less than a win and I would never hear the end of it from him. :hmm: