NEurope
Haden

Xpert 11 Season 20: The Ascent into History

I will do match reports for lower league on Sunday, there is a chance I might do a marathon the following Sunday instead. Three new interviews should be done by then, one from each league. The idea is that I will go through everyone by the end of the season.

DuDs Baggies is up.

The obvious questions first. Why did you decide to come back?

I decided to come back because.. a) i missed Marvin Standen too much and.. b) i never wanted to leave in the first place! I was forced out for being too good

More seriously though, i had to leave because i didnt have the time, and more importantly the internet connection, to keep up with my team whilst i was going through basic Raf training.

I dont know what took me so long to join back up though as i've been in trade now since January? But it is good to be back.. better late than never.. or something like that!

What is your opinion on divas? How would you treat a difficult player?

Divas are great. Everyone loves a diva. Christiano Ronaldo was a diva. Jose Mourinho was a diva. Heck.. the great Marvin Standen was a diva! One of the original members of my original squad. The guy was a legend. As soon as i gave him his favourite shirt number he just stepped up a level, banging in the free kicks left right and centre.

A phenominal defender, he was the first name on the team sheet each game!

I never get any difficult players.. I just raise my hand, and they look at it like it's a goddamn croissant. Then: BAAAMM!.. Feel my pimp hand!

Is it true that your team and management has ties to the underground mafia boss Dudley? Can you elaborate upon that? What kind of ties are we talking about?

Where did you get this information from? Who's the source? We've got lots of ties.. we got the standard ties, silk ties, stripey ties, funky friday ties, even DuDs Baggies ties.. you name the tie you want and we got the tie.

As for any other ties.. if they get mentioned again, we might have to send the boys round to pay a visit. Kapeeesh?

Mcoy thinks your interviews are cool, they're a good read :)

Edit: Mcoy thinks his title is slightly out of date ^^

3-3 against Nikos but I had a goal disallowed for doubtful offside and I guessed his formation :mad: leading the whole game but he managed to equalise in the 89th minute.

The difference in player skill is really hard to get around :(

Well done Peeps...unfortunately when you play with pressure you have to put up with conceeding late goals from time to time! On top of that I think my 2nd half subs strengthened my team up enough to be able to pull back the deficit fortunately for me!

Fuuuck. I was expecting to get badly beaten. I'm delighted with a 2-2 draw, especially considering I was behind twice and that we finished the game with 10-men.

Not bad. Two away draws against Jay and DuD and a home defeat to Cubic County (they scored twice in injury time.) Happy with that so far.

Question about transfers: I've put some bids in for players. What happens now? Apparently the deadline is midnight, so will I get these players if nobody else makes a bid?

Also, I put some players up for transfer like Odwin said. Will I actually get anything for these guys, or is it better to sack them and just buy some new ones?

You will win if no one else bid yes. If someone does you can bid again, but only if it's higher than the new bid, if it isn't you lose out on that player for good.

Might as well try to sell players if you don't need the room for someone else. Maybe you get lucky.

Is it likely that somebody will try and outbid me in the last moments? Ebay style.

You got a draw from me because i forgot tactics. I WILL OWN YOU NEXT TIME, BABY!

You got a draw from me because i forgot tactics. I WILL OWN YOU NEXT TIME, BABY!

Screw you, Benny. Next time, I'm going for the win. :heh:

Dragoooooooooooooooooo!

Is it likely that somebody will try and outbid me in the last moments? Ebay style.

Mcoy imagines It happens alot for bargain buys for amazing players. If you're buying some regular players you shouldn't have too many problems.

I feel unlucky.

Try playing less offensive formations or tone down your style to be more cautious.

3-4-3 Offensive will 80% of the time punish you.

Edited by Brian Mcoy
Automerged Doublepost

I feel unlucky.

Same, how could I lose 5-0 at home against a team who had the same manager rating and same formation, and similar team skill level.

Will do Week 2 report (me and Roostophe are alternating) and Alliances tomorrow :D

Mcoy is Dyson in your alliance with Rising?

Mcoy imagines It happens alot for bargain buys for amazing players. If you're buying some regular players you shouldn't have too many problems.

Try playing less offensive formations or tone down your style to be more cautious.

3-4-3 Offensive will 80% of the time punish you.

Cheers, Mcoy.

I put down a bid for another player yesterday and got outbid. Gutted, as he looked pretty awesome. But, I am poor, so why would he come to Dragooooo?

Nevertheless, I'm back in the transfer market and determined to build a world beating squad. DRAGOOOOO!

Yeah, it's exactly the same as the eBay system.

Cheers, Mcoy.

I put down a bid for another player yesterday and got outbid. Gutted, as he looked pretty awesome. But, I am poor, so why would he come to Dragooooo?

Nevertheless, I'm back in the transfer market and determined to build a world beating squad. DRAGOOOOO!

Mcoy would say get your youth in the next 4 games or wait until next season as you won't get the proper time to properly train them. May be worth banking up on as much econs as you can to get the necessary training for your players :)

An anomaly

Some new teams appear...

MatrixCode.gif

Week 2

The Final Three: 26

Odwin 11

Eights 6

Cube 9

Hurricanes: 22

Elites 9

Bubbles 5

Blades 8

Legacy: 21

Haden 4

Inter 7

Co-op 10

Chartreuse Trio: 11

Madpool 7

Rez 3

Peeps 1

Week 3

The Final Three: 25

Odwin 11

Eights 5

Cube 9

Hurricanes: 21

Elites 10

Bubbles 3

Blades 8

Legacy: 20

Haden 3

Inter 7

Co-op 10

… 18

Mcoy 10

Rising Phoenix 8

???

… 16

Silverdale 4

All Stars 5

DuD 7

Chartreuse Trio: 10

Madpool 7

Rez 1

Peeps 2

Week 2: We now airborne!

Bayern Bru 2-0 Leeds M.O.T

Bru got their season back on track by winning comfortably against newcomers Leeds M.O.T. Bru played 4-4-2 against Leeds 4-5-1, some ill discipline cost Leeds early on as they gave away a penalty which Lindpere converted to put Bru in the lead. Both teams introduced new players and in terms of chances the teams were about equal. However Bru always looked to have more quality and Testini 13 minutes from time lost his marker and nutmegged the goalie to put the game beyond doubt. A good return to form for Bru, Leeds shouldn't take this loss to badly in the return fixture they may feel like they may get a point.

Battlestar Odwinica 3-0 Dysonian Wanderers

Odwinica continued their strong start to the season with a strong victory over Wanderers. Odwinica went for 4-4-2 while Wanderers tried to go attacking with 4-3-3, It was all Odwinica in the first half and the pressure paid off when Howarth hit home a trademark free kick and then Coles set up Bello for a long range belter. Another set up by Coles for Sherawat to hit it in at close range finished the match off at 61 minutes. The only negative for Odwinica was Coles being sent off for a silly tackle, Odwinica seems to be suffering from discipline problems but not much else. Dysonian paid for being to aggressive but will lick their wounds and be ready for their next match.

Recall United 0-3 Roostophe Rovers

Recall United struggled against a dominant Rovers performance. United played 5-3-2 while Rovers went for the complete opposite approach playing 3-5-2, it showed as Rovers had more chances and over 60% possession. Defensive chaos from United let Rovers score via a Sakuri free kick and a Froberg penalty. Rovers brought on some youth in the 2nd half as they were so positive they were going to win, they put a cherry on top of the victory when Agbonlahor netted a lovely break away goal in injury time to make it 3-0. An impressive win for Rovers, Untied fans left feeling their team played with a slight siege mentality.

Essex Elites 3-1 Eights United

The returning champions won their opener in dramatic fashion against Eights Untied. Both teams played 4-4-2 but it was the Elites that showed their pedigree early on when O Connor set up Fakaj for a lovely diving header. Some aggressive United play saw two yellow cards for their players and two minor injuries for the Elites players including their goalscorer. Uniteds confrontational approach seemed to rattle the Elites as Yusri made it 1-1 in the 2nd half with a sweetly struck close range goal. United seemed to be on course to provide another shock but in the end Shavkunov got his first ever goal for the Elites on 75 minutes and Merton netted one in injury time to give the Elites the victory. The Elites deserved the win but United aren't going to shrink from anyone.

Madpool 3-1 Silverdale Hotpot

Madpool beat Silverdale in a highly entertaining clash at Madpools ground. Madpool played 3-5-2 against a standard 4-4-2 from Silverdale. Both sides had a lot of chances but Madpool were in control of the game with over 60% possession, Hiles set up Trainer for a header in the 1st half and Gay made it 2 moments later. The Silverdale manager hauled off a youth striker in frustration and put Hudson on in the 2nd half, this decision was rewarded 10 minutes later when Hudson blasted home a long range shot. However Hiles again floated a ball in for Trainer to head home and Madpool were the deserved winners. Silverdale should take heart though they looked very competitive.

Most Important Result: Battlestar Odwinica 3-0 Dysonian Wanderers, Odwinica keep their early momentum up to be the frontrunners at this stage.

Stylish Play: Madpool, when their midfield clicks they look unstoppable.

Best Player: Stanley Trainer, Madpool, great couple of plays and overall play from this anchor of the Madpool midfield.

DuD will be back in the top league in a few seasons. You were doing really well before leaving last time. :)

Cheers mate :)

I think i'll be spending at least a few seasons in the bottom league to start with.

A couple of my buys so far have been a bit of a let down and wont be much use for a few rounds of matches. Hopefully they'll serve their purpose though.

I need to start getting some econs together now!

N-Euro Middle League Round Three

Barely any change in the table at the end of round three, the teams at the top seem to be settling themselves in for a long stay.

****Bubbles FC 0-5 Aqui1a All Stars****

It's really not clear what went so wrong for Bubbles in this game but they were definitely having a bad day. Both teams are evenly matched and picked the same formation, Bubbles went for offensive at home while Aqui1a played it safe with normal.... Aqui1a scored 5 goals and Bubbles scored none.

***The Sixty-Fourthers 2-0 Seahawks FC ****

An extremely quiet first half went by with absolutely nothing to report on, it seems that neither time were really there until the second half. The Sixty-Fourthers are the first to break the silence with a goal 4 minutes into the second half. A few dirty tackles from both sides later, the ref is getting ready to blow the whistle - but not before The Sixty-Fourthers score one more goal, making it a solid 2-0 defeat for Seahawks.

****Happenstance FC 0-0 Rising Phoenix ****

Happenstance have been having a hard time of it lately, drawing the last couple of games after resounding win against ReZ in round 1. With no goals for either side, the only thing Happenstance are able to take away are a couple of light injuries and a booking. Rising Phoenix did well not to concede any goals while playing away but will surely be disappointed at not scoring any themselves either.

*****Real Peeps 3-3 Intergalactico Stars ****

A close and exciting game but Real Peeps will come away disappointed for allowing Stars to score a late equaliser. Real Peeps score first but Stars are quick to equalise, Peeps put another one in the net but the referee calls a doubtful offside! Real Peeps were the more offensive team and were leading for most of the game and it looked promising with the score 3-1 at half time, but Intergalactico Stars were not to be outdone today and dominated the second half. In the 89th minute the home team are worn out and Stars take full advantage by scoring again, that disallowed goal weighing on the minds of Real Peeps' players.

*** AFC ReZs Rabies 1-4 Mcoys Sons ***

Mcoys Sons walk all over Rabies with 2 goals scored in the first 20 minutes of the game. Rabies suffer a further set back as midfielder Paul Borg has to be carried off the pitch due to injury. In the second half Mcoys Sons give a repeat performance scoring another two goals in the first 20 minutes. Towards the end of the game Rabies finally break through but it's too little too late and their game ends in defeat.

Most Important Result: Bubbles FC 0-5 Aqui1a All Stars, winning this game pushes All Stars out of the relegation zone and Bubbles FC down into it. Victories like this will help decide who gets relegated and who stays safe and All Stars have just tipped the balance heavily against Bubbles with this result.

Stylish Play: Real Peeps, the team's performance earn their manager a 5 star rating this round and they played well in a risky 3-4-3 formation. Although a bit fatigued at the end of each half, Real Peeps did well to score 3 out of 5 chances and block out 5 opportunities from Intergalactico Stars despite only having 39% possession across the match.

Best Player: Theodore Lester, Aqui1a All Stars, the best player isn't always the one who scores the most goals as proven by Theo Lester who scored a goal for himself and then set up two more. Lester was a key player in Aqui1a's offense, helping to get the ball where it needed to be.

The youth academy only gave me an 18-4, but with intelligent, hard shooter and quick so I welcome my new regular with open arms :) Worth 2.4 million econ.

The youth academy only gave me an 18-4, but with intelligent, hard shooter and quick so I welcome my new regular with open arms :) Worth 2.4 million econ.

I love midfielders with intelligent. He'll make for a great playmaker in 7/8 seasons time!

Great to finally get the win over Leeds. But it looks like my star midfielder is determined to another gold medal in his collection. 3 yellow cards in 3 matches and suspended for my away match...But upside is my players current form is ridiculously good. Stats says it's the best in the entire league^^

Not conceded yet :P First game in liek two seasons I rested my main keeper -- played a 19-4 who actually perfromed only a 3... but of a worry...

Spirit... Breaking... Went 0-2 up and he came back 2-2. Went 2-3 up and he came back 3-3. Then he scored a winner in the 91st minute. He scored 3 free kicks directly into the net. I feel my luck has just fucked off this season and isn't coming back.

Spirit... Breaking... Went 0-2 up and he came back 2-2. Went 2-3 up and he came back 3-3. Then he scored a winner in the 91st minute. He scored 3 free kicks directly into the net. I feel my luck has just fucked off this season and isn't coming back.

It's not just you. Aqui1a decimated my team today... how does an away team playing normally get as many chances and more possession than the home team playing offensively? I'll never understand this game.