N-Europe

Pokemon Mafia Game Advert

ReZourceman

What is this mafia? Someone care to explain what happens/rules etc.

Its seriously actually awesome.

So there is 20 players. 5 of them are bad guys (mafia) and can talk to each other outside of the thread. The other 15 are good guys,...or neutral, and do not know each other. There is a day phase and a night phase. In the day the players must discuss their findings and investigations and can vote to kill a player who they believe is evil - majority wins.

At night the players use their powers - the mafia may kill a player, and the townies have a host of abilities that range from cancelling peoples powers for the night, or protecting them - saving them from murder or even investigating to see if someone is good or evil.

It is the awesomeness.

Here is an example. Click on the names of the days and nights to see a write up.

http://n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31513

Yes, I agree - found dc/marvel games quite difficult sometimes - particularly when others seem to know the world referenced so they know who the blue and black person might be, and what their alignment might be. But comparatively, the pokemafias have always been more self-involved, with the 'types' of pokemon and so on.

DIY games (where you get to suggest to the games master who you'd like to play as, for those who aren't familiar with the term) are alright, though.

And then there are those with original characters/themes, like the ongoing Medieval Mafia, or my own Gentlemen's Mafia. Quite accessible.

Me, when running a game, I try to make things accessible for those who aren't familiar with the source material (if there is one). I plan to take this into account in the Ace Attorney Mafia, which will start in the near future, in case anyone's interested [/shameless plug]