NEurope
Ellmeister

Facebook haters gonna hate

I swear this is the third thread I've seen about this.

This is thread to talk about how people are annoyed/not annoyed how a website that is about letting people talk has changed slightly.

I find it amusing.

Not being all uppity and arsey, it's actually quite funny.

I'll post here what I posted on my own Facebook:

Having a status about Facebook changing has become so cliche that having a status pointing out all the status's about Facebook changing now seems to be a cliche of it's own..whut

What changed exactly? 'Cause I have to say I don't see much difference. Just a few things added on the left (but that was a few days ago).

Am I missing somethingggg?

Top stories above recent stories, slight change to top right of top bar, might not have rolled it out to everyone yet.

My dad has a page for his business, but he wants to organise the people who like the page in alphabetical order so he can make a promotion for them. Is there a way to look at the people who liked the page in alphabetical order, even with some sort of userscript?

...and so I can finally tell you guys that I knew this shit was coming. What? I do work for one of the new apps!

We basically sat and watched the Facebook conference at work and have been slaving over our new app for quite some time, which is partly why Facebook changed, but obviously I couldn't tell you guys that.

I think it'll be great more so for people who really do want to use Facebook without having twitter and blogs, to keep it all in one place, obviously you don't have to use all the features and frankly so of it is pretty cool.

Anyway, I like the idea of new Facebook, should be interesting :D

As a Dev you get to start using it from now apparently, are you using it, do you like it?

I only wish we had the choice if we wanted to see the top stories or the normal chronological list. But like with all previous changes we'll get used to it, and by the time the next change rolls in we'll have forgotten that we disliked the old new.

As a Dev you get to start using it from now apparently, are you using it, do you like it?

We got the Spotify side rather than the Facebook side, so I've not had Facebook yet, I get to wait like common folk :grin:.

But I can say for those who like Spotify and use Facebook, it is going to be really good, I mean I was pretty impressed when I was told, there's more on the Spotify website.

/shamelessplugging.

Spotify integration eh, that sounds interesting. I'll just have a look and se..... oh wait, not available in Ireland.

Spotify integration eh, that sounds interesting. I'll just have a look and se..... oh wait, not available in Ireland.

Sent you a pm.

No the integration should be great and it's not just for Spotify, gives more stuff to do.

Nightwolf, now you work for Spotify can you make it so that when I load it up it doesn't ask me to link my account every single time?

Also I do pay for Spotify, so I am exempt from the "free service moaning" stuff.

Just watched the Spotify and Facebook video...

Looks very cool.

I've always thought music closely linked to a social networking website would be awesome.

I remember MySpace had that sort of close integration and it was super fun and never annoying.

I really like the new newsfeed, and having just enabled the timeline I think it makes an awesome update. Really really nice profiles now.

It's only a matter of time before these Timelines become the norm. They "offered" voluntary upgrades to the new facebook, then rolled it out within weeks/months.

I'm not complaining, i'm just saying really.

I don't think they've ever said timelines would be optional. From my understanding they will start rolling out to everyone within the next few weeks. It's really a lot nicer than the old wall anyway.