NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Fire Emblem Awakening

The kids are the best characters in the game. :p

Nobodies better than Tharja and anyone who says otherwise....she'll stab in their sleep

I also found a decent money making venture - giving Donnel Leif's Blade. His super high luck coupled with Armthrift means most attacks won't drain the weapons use (Armthrift activation is luck*2) and the sword drops small bullion (worth 1000G) on kill as a percentage equal to luck. It only has 4 base damage but it has a 30% critical chance which goes well with Donnel's Skill and Luck and Strength. Cha ching!!

Thanks, definitely sounds good. Did you get the blade on or after Chapter 13?

I'm on chapter 11 and i've had a Leif Blade for a few chapters now, i think i got it as a random reward from a village in the first DLC, i've got quite a few rare random items from that

but it should be noted following Cap's advice i started using the blade and forged it up to max critical....its a beast and almost never shows any use

Hmmm, well I don't have it. It's ok though, I'm not short on dough at the moment. Besides, there's always that DLC I could do but I'm going to buy more of those map packs when I finish the game.

That explains a lot. Couldn't understand why I got more than usual.

I'm using some of the kids, five of them I think. I found them to level quite fast and they aren't too weak for the maps unless you send them on suicide runs they should hold up quite fine.

I have four of them at the moment but am only using the obvious one. I guess I was perhaps a little quick to label them underlevelled. I guess as individuals they aren't so bad but if they made up your team, I suspect I'd be struggling. I guess they have the benefit of having more skills early on though.

Pair Donnel with Nowi to get Nah. When I got Nah her stats were nearly as high as a nearly L30 Manakete Nowi and she also has aptitude. The kids are the best characters in the game. :p

I hadn't paired him up with anyone yet, and hadn't used Nowi at all but I've got them supporting each other now so I'll see what comes of it.

As Gibbs mentions, it's a rare drop and can be found on Event Tiles or as reward from the Villagers in Champions of Yore I. I managed to acquire 2 of them but he's almost out of use of the first.

One thing I'm not entirely convinced about is whether it works on Enemy turns or not. It could just be luck that that is never when it drops but I'm not sure or that I just didn't notice/remember.

I've managed to pick up plenty of other rare items/weapons along the way so I don't really mind.

Anyway, I finished Chapter 13 recently and I thought that cut-scene was great. Also upon completion it opened up another 5 or 6 Side-stories. I started one and found it to be centered around this character.

Sully's Daughter

Degel_Artwork.jpg

So I can pretty much deduce that the other side-stories are all children-based. Fun times ahead!

I've started this now and love it - the most enjoyable 3DS retail game I've played since New Super Mario Bros 2, which many of you won't think is a compliment, but I mean it sincerely. :heh:

Presentation is amazing, with great cutscenes and perhaps the best orchestral score on the system. I wonder when in-game graphics will look as good as the cutscenes? Story is great - you really feel involved - and the map sprites are nice (although they don't have many pixels, of course), but I still prefer the battle sprites from the GBA to the polygon models found here.

I'm playing on Normal and Newcomer, which I'm glad of as I'm not finding it too easy, even on that. I'm not sure I'll take advantage of the Newcomer mode (I'm still resetting at the moment), but it's nice to have just in case.

Well started playing today, I reached chapter 4 and was shocked to see how under leveled my party was. I played on the beginner difficulty but set it so I lose characters forever if they were beaten, so I have restarted constantly when a character fell in battle.

Well started playing today, I reached chapter 4 and was shocked to see how under leveled my party was. I played on the beginner difficulty but set it so I lose characters forever if they were beaten, so I have restarted constantly when a character fell in battle.

I am playing on normal classic as well. For me though when a character dies that is it. I just make it part of the story, I would prefer it if they didn't then appear in cutscenes. I have lost some amazing peeps but I carry on because I think damn man this is a war bad things happen!

Not that I am having a go that is just a personal choice.

Oh and btw this is my fave game for the 3DS by far. I loved Luigis Mansion but this to me is a whole different level. The thing I love about this game is the level of detail, the barracks conversations, the different weapons, the side stories, the relationships, the cutscenes. It feels like a living universe that I am affecting and reminds me of the scope of xenoblade with the tactics of advance wars. I know that is sacrelidge as FE came first but this is my first FE game and I am loving it.

I am up to chapter 10 and do not want this game to end like ever... does anyone know if more DLC is planned?

I thought AC would be my GOTY and after Luigis Mansion thought it may be that but it will surely be FE. I love owning a 3DS :P

Ordered from Shopto today. Never played FE before but enjoyed Advance Wars. Enjoyed the demo so thought id give it a go.

I am playing on normal classic as well. For me though when a character dies that is it. I just make it part of the story, I would prefer it if they didn't then appear in cutscenes. I have lost some amazing peeps but I carry on because I think damn man this is a war bad things happen!

Not that I am having a go that is just a personal choice.

Problem for me would be I'd have no-one left at this point.

does anyone know if more DLC is planned?

Yup, so far these are all the DLC Quests that North America has ():

http://fireemblem.nintendo.com/connect/#/com4/

NA got Fire Emblem in February as well so there has been a good number of DLC quests available from launch up until now.

I think Japan is on it's 2nd series of DLC (has it finished yet?) so there should definitely be more to come in the future.

Problem for me would be I'd have no-one left at this point.

Ah fair play man, I have lost about 6 people I think but luckily enough new people have come in to replace them.

Can someone explain to me Second Seals and Master Seals?

One of my characters levelled up and using a 2nd seal and Master seal on them seems to have different effects. Should I use a 2nd first and then Master when they level up again?

Master upgrades the unit, second seal changes the unit to a different class tree, like from mercenary to mage.

Master upgrades the unit, second seal changes the unit to a different class tree, like from mercenary to mage.

Can some units only change into a few other classes? I noticed my guy could change into anything wheras some units could only change to like two different classes.

Can some units only change into a few other classes? I noticed my guy could change into anything wheras some units could only change to like two different classes.

Your Avatar is special in that they can change into almost any class available to their gender. Most other units have 2 side class branches they can change into.

Once an unpromoted unit reaches level 10, they can class change into one of the other two types (unpromoted) and it resets their level back to one and adjusts their base stats accordingly for the class they are now in. This may increase or lower your stats and you also need to watch out for stat limits as defined by each class type.

If a promoted unit class changes before they reach level 10, they will only have the option to change to an unpromoted class type, and this is where you will likely see the ipact of stats caps, but if they wait until they are level 10 promoted, then they can class change into another promoted type without the need to waste time in the unpromoted class.

I hope that's clear.

Also, unpromoted units shouldn't be promoted until level 20.

How do you think Awakening compares to earlier entries in the series? I might check them out in the future...

Welcome to the forums!

Having read plenty of reviews and features it favours well. Some even saying that it's one of the best, if not the best in the series. I'm not best to answer that question simply because I've only played 5 games properly (inc. Awakening) in the entire series, so some of the other FE vets will be better placed. Having said that, this is my favourite one for sure. After playing this game I suggest going to the GBA Fire Emblems, since those are handheld based and should feel a bit more accessible if that makes sense.

Start with Fire Emblem for the GBA (Also known as Blazing Sword/Rekka no ken) before tackling FE: Awakening this was my favourite.

Also, unpromoted units shouldn't be promoted until level 20.

Is that so they reach their max stats?

Once someone is promoted can they get promoted another time or is it just one promotion for each class/character.

My fave character by far is the swordsman you get from the Khan former leader. I usually pair him with Chrome or have them near each other. One time he got attacked by five enemies when he was a low class I was terrified!

He dodged every attack, what a legend.

Anna time!

Bonus Team: Path of Radiance

Bonus Map: Dead King's Lament

Bonus Challengers: Stahl's Horsemen & Vaike's Victory

Champions of Yore II (DLC) is also available.

EXPonential Growth

Edited by -Dem0-
Missed something out

Anna time!

Bonus Team: Path of Radiance

Bonus Map: Dead King's Lament

Bonus Challengers: Stahl's Horsemen & Vaike's Victory

Champions of Yore II (DLC) is also available.

And the EXPonential Growth DLC map too.

I just noticed I now have the rest of Sacred Stones teams too. Up until today, I only had one but now I have all ten, plus one team from PoR - Titania.

Edited by Captain Falcon

My wallet is ready!

Might end up marrying the Avatar to Tharja, they are pretty deadly together, plus I made my Avatar more magic focused so they should boost each others stats better (I think?).

I can't keep up with all this DLC, despite having actually completed the main quest! Even the free spotpass DLC is plenty!

Have you guys been recruiting the past heroes/using them at all, or just sending them to the logbook?

My wallet is ready!

Might end up marrying the Avatar to Tharja, they are pretty deadly together, plus I made my Avatar more magic focused so they should boost each others stats better (I think?).

its the route i went, she's an absolute beast when paired with him, and their marriage skit is hilarious its totally worth it just for that