NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Fire Emblem Awakening

What can I do with WFC in this game? Just maps or characters as well? Passing people on the street isn't an option, not enough streets let alone people walking them.

There's spot pass, seems you can get weapons and such from it. Wasn't anything when I checked n Wednesday.

booyah.gif

Chapter 3 cleared! I've also managed to get some support conversations going too:

Myself & Lissa, Myself & Stahl, Sully & Stahl, Miriel & Vaike and Chrom & Sumia

This is how I did it

I decided to split the team up unequally (in numbers) but they balanced out quite well in strength.

Going to the left side I had Chrom, Kellam, Frederick (weaponless) and Sumia (supporting Chrom as there are a lot of archers). The right side I had Myself, Lissa, Miriel, Vaike, Stahl & Sully.

For the left door I had Kellam & Frederick lead up front so that they can soak up the blows, I then placed Chrom & Sumia on the stairs as this would give me some territorial advantage and it worked like a charm. Kellam was able to take the archer from range with his javelin, Frederick baited the Knight and next to the stairs where Chrom was which allowed me to finish him with a flurry of 4 consecutive hits from Chrom & Sumia in one team attack.

The right door was opened by Sully, even though I knew she would take some damage but thanks to her movement I was able to retreat towards Lissa have her healed and ready to support the rest. With my other units I had Stahl & Vaike take up the two forests for the territorial advantage but also I had myself & Miriel in behind both of them so that we could support when they attacked and attack from range. The knight was baited in by Sully once more and was able to bring the enemy knight towards my trap and he was downed in one fall swoop.

After that both sides easily took care of the remaining enemy units before we ganged up on the Boss!

The dual battle (pair up?) system is fantastic, especially when they block an attack. :love:

It's glorious, especially when you have someone like Chrom who has the Dual Strike skill, I beat an opponent on their turn without taking damage. Rare but awesome!

Edited by -Dem0-

Is the DLC free?

No it isn't. However the first DLC Pack, Champions of Yore I is FREE to celebrate the launch of the game.

It ends on the 22nd of May.

Fire_Emblem_DLC.jpg

Just saw this from Nintendolife:

"As you're no doubt aware, Fire Emblem: Awakening launches in Europe today. To mark this grand occasion, Shiryu Music has launched Fire Emblem: War Memories, a free-to-download 30 track tribute album featuring music from previous games in the long-running tactical RPG series."

Here's the link:

https://cloudpt.pt/link/e0abc460-f735-4ccd-8619-5607413a201b/Shiryu-FireEmblemWarMemories.zip

Edited by -Dem0-

Didn't know there was a soft reset for this game, every time I wanted to restart the Chapter I closed the game and started it up again.

For those like me who didn't know here's how you do it:

L + R + Start

Thanks, I was wondering why there was no restart option in the menu. I guess that will do.

It's here!

IMG_20130419_191348.jpg

IMG_20130419_192003.jpg

Edit: Photo's are terrible, looks better in person.

I just caught a wild:

Donnel!

fe_donnel_thumb.jpg

You get him after leveling up at least one level in the first side-quest of the game. It wasn't a small feat.

Wow just spent most of the night on chapter 5, it was haaard. Also did the DLC quest and got Marth.

Is the DLC just one map? Aside from the free one I don't think I will buy anything else if they are all for that price.

Wow just spent most of the night on chapter 5, it was haaard. Also did the DLC quest and got Marth.

I just sorted out my inventory, done some more support conversations (some of these are hilarious!) and deciding what units I should pick, it definitely looks hard though.

Is the DLC just one map? Aside from the free one I don't think I will buy anything else if they are all for that price.

A map, a character and sometimes you can get an item too.

It's here!

IMG_20130419_191348.jpg

IMG_20130419_192003.jpg

Edit: Photo's are terrible, looks better in person.

I absolutely love how Nintendo do limited edition consoles like this.

Brilliant. Looks great Ike! :bowdown:

I just sorted out my inventory, done some more support conversations (some of these are hilarious!) and deciding what units I should pick, it definitely looks hard though.

Hope you have the rescue staff, I couldn't do it without it.

I absolutely love how Nintendo do limited edition consoles like this.

Brilliant. Looks great Ike! :bowdown:

Haven't decided if I'm going to transfer my stuff over or not yet though, haha.

Haven't decided if I'm going to transfer my stuff over or not yet though, haha.

Ha - what do you have at the minute? An XL or normal?

I am looking at buying the Peach 3ds as I personally prefer the original model to the XL but I'm unsure whether I want to actually use it or not! :woops:

Hope you have the rescue staff, I couldn't do it without it.

I think I got one recently, thanks for the pointer.

This game looks pretty fun. I'll probably Lovefilm this if I can pull myself away from Monster Hunter.

Damn the 3DS has a lot of great software these days.

Aaah I really want to get my mits on this game! But as usual the stores here didn't receive it in time...

Will probably have to wait another week. Off to playing the demo! again

Ha - what do you have at the minute? An XL or normal?

I am looking at buying the Peach 3ds as I personally prefer the original model to the XL but I'm unsure whether I want to actually use it or not! :woops:

XL, would have have upgraded straight away from the original. Wanted to check the difference in the screens since my current one have a yellow top screen. My new one's top screen isn't but the bottom screen is slightly yellow-ish I think, but it's not so bad.

I think I got one recently, thanks for the pointer.

You get one from one of the chests in the first side mission so you should have it.

Chapter 5 was hard but I was able to get it done. It was a looooong battle but thanks to that I was able to find some nice combos between different pairings.

Afterwards me and my sister decided to try out the Double Duel under the Wireless section. It was very fun! both players pick 3 units for battle (making a total of 6) the goal is to simply defeat 3 enemies in a 2 vs 1 scenario. We were able to win the first two challenges but the third; Maribelle's Mercy proved far too difficult as we're both using relatively low-level units.

Will definitely come back to it later on.

Oh, got Virion and Sully up to S rank so now they're married, their S rank conversation was quite amusing. :laughing:

Oh, got Virion and Sully up to S rank so now they're married, their S rank conversation was quite amusing. :laughing:

Wow, that was fast! I'm still trying to get my created character & Lissa to improve their relationship, I think it's on C or B at the moment. Quite a few B's too.

Who have you paired up with who so far then - and who do you plan to marry together? Interested to hear your choices. In terms of the "main" characters, I teamed up Chrom with Sumia, and my avatar with Lissa. In my second playthrough, I've gone Chrom and Sumia again, but am trying to pair up my avatar with

Lucina, as apparently that can lead to a child with some awesome stats/skills due to technically being third generation, with attributes passed down from Chrom too. Of course it's not all down to stats,the characters' personalities need to match up, the convos are the real reason to build up supports!

Would also like to try using a female avatar and pair them up with Chrom. There's too many possibilities and not enough time!

Have to ask, but I assume you don't want it digital?

I actually wouldn't mind buying it digitally, but I don't own a mastercard or visa card and shops here in Belgium don't sell nintendo eshop cards :/