NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Fire Emblem Awakening

I never even tried to use them. I benched them solely on their looks and personality.

lol. Mounts are often the best characters in the game, plus Sully is bad ass.

Not really reading anything in this thread as to avoid spoilers. But man, I kinda regret playing this on Hard haha. I have had to reset so many times it is quite sad. The game can be quite unforgiving at times. =P

Still enjoying it (still very early in), but it can be hard to train some of my characters when they can get killed in one hit haha.

Just got a notification from Anna, there are some updates in the Wireless menu under the Bonus Box. We get more Bonus Teams under Fire Emblem (I've got 10 in total now) and a new section for Sacred Stones that only has a Seth team to challenge and we get a new item called Tyrfing; an A class sword that gives you +5 Resistance.

We've also got two more DLC quests in the Outrealm Gate.

Not really reading anything in this thread as to avoid spoilers. But man, I kinda regret playing this on Hard haha. I have had to reset so many times it is quite sad. The game can be quite unforgiving at times. =P

Still enjoying it (still very early in), but it can be hard to train some of my characters when they can get killed in one hit haha.

That's probably the reason. I found the early chapters to be much more difficult than the others so far.

Earlier on in the game I used to 'huddle' my characters a lot more, pairing up also works as it allows weaker units to get in on some hits, earn some exp and build up your relationships faster which in turn will help you stay alive longer when it comes to teaming up against the enemy.

You should also try placing weaker units on forts, mountain peaks and the woods or anywhere else with a territorial advantage.

That's probably the reason. I found the early chapters to be much more difficult than the others so far.

Earlier on in the game I used to 'huddle' my characters a lot more, pairing up also works as it allows weaker units to get in on some hits, earn some exp and build up your relationships faster which in turn will help you stay alive longer when it comes to teaming up against the enemy.

You should also try placing weaker units on forts, mountain peaks and the woods or anywhere else with a territorial advantage.

I think I am on chapter 6 now or something, currently on the second side story. I almost finished that one three times, but always seem to get a character killed on the last three enemies. =(

I have been huddling my characters together a lot haha. Pairing them up too, but sadly the weak characters barely seem to get any hits in, so they don't level up much. I think my character is level 11 or 12, while another one is only at 3. The strong one will just kill the enemy, the weak one can't even get a hit in. =P

Anyway, will keep on trying. I try to level up a bit with Risen that appear on the map, but sometimes they are too strong and I just have to let them go. Hope a weak party shows up soon haha.

use the free DLC map to train, you don't have to wait for random spawns of enemies or pay for reeking boxes, its fairly easy and you can train weak characters easily

I think I am on chapter 6 now or something, currently on the second side story. I almost finished that one three times, but always seem to get a character killed on the last three enemies. =(

I have been huddling my characters together a lot haha. Pairing them up too, but sadly the weak characters barely seem to get any hits in, so they don't level up much. I think my character is level 11 or 12, while another one is only at 3. The strong one will just kill the enemy, the weak one can't even get a hit in. =P

Anyway, will keep on trying. I try to level up a bit with Risen that appear on the map, but sometimes they are too strong and I just have to let them go. Hope a weak party shows up soon haha.

Buy a reeking box or two. You use them on an unoccupied previously cleared chapter and they spawn an enemy. If you use it on a really early chapter tile then the enemies will be weak, which would be ideal for your low level characters to gain experience.

Try leave just a few HP left on an enemy so that a weak character can just finish it off.

use the free DLC map to train, you don't have to wait for random spawns of enemies or pay for reeking boxes, its fairly easy and you can train weak characters easily

Didn't check the DLC yet, will have a look at it later! =)

Buy a reeking box or two. You use them on an unoccupied previously cleared chapter and they spawn an enemy. If you use it on a really early chapter tile then the enemies will be weak, which would be ideal for your low level characters to gain experience.

Try leave just a few HP left on an enemy so that a weak character can just finish it off.

Yeah I used a reeking box before (found one for free, yay), but at the time it seemed the enemies it spawned were too strong for most of my characters. =P

I also do the thing of trying to leave HP, but most of the time my strong characters just finish off the enemy in one or two hits, or they suddenly get a critical hit in when you don't want them to haha. I guess I had the same problem in the previous games, but I guess playing on Hard is just making it even more difficult right now.

Just keep in mind that all the enemies are Level 7~8 in that DLC quest (Champions of Yore I).

Thinking about promotions.

I've been thinking about what I should promote some of my other units to. At the moment I was thinking to have Cordelia as a Dark Flier; it allows her to wield tomes as well as her lance. Also at level 15 she learns the skill Galeforce:

"Allows the user another full action after they defeat an enemy during the user's Turn (only once per Turn)"

Sumia, I'm not so sure. Considering Falcon Knight. Having an aerial unit that can use staves might help especially when an emergency heal is necessary.

I've already promoted Lissa into a Sage as she was on level 20 for far too long and this also allows her to fight back when she's attacked while also being our number one healer.

Even better than the DLC is the SpotPass feature. When on your World Map, hit X and select Wireless. Select SpotPass to turn it on, make sure Wireless mode is engaged on your 3DS, and afterwards, choose Bonus Box.

From here, you can download Bonus items including the Bonus Teams. You might need to select Update first of all.

The teams are composed of one unit from a previous FE game, still with generic chracter models though unlike the true DLC ones, and if you select them, they will appear on your map somewhere.

As Dem0 has mentioned, there are 10 teams out from "Fire Emblem" and one from "Sacred Stones" which must be random because I have Marisa and not Seth. Select "Fire Emblem" and you should see a list of characters. Most of them are surprisingly strong but the Pegasus Knight Florina has a team that is only around level 4 unpromoted.

Now you can fight them on the world map. You won't gain much in the way of items because there are no item drops - you will only get them from the event tiles (the sparkly things you can stand on) - but you can use it to harvest exp and even recruit the lead character once you've killed everyone.

You can also repeatedly summon teams indefinitely so once you beat them, you can go back into the menu and bring them back to fight again.

And because there are so many different teams with differing strength levels, which you can check on the world map before fighting them anyway in case they are too strong, this is a great source for leveling characters at a whole range of skill levels.

As for myself, made some good progress and done chapters 9, 10, 11 and SS4. The music that players in Chapter 9 (which is used again in 11) and 10 is unbelievably good - especially the battle version. I really need to hunt down a copy of the soundtrack...

So first up, I got Donnel to level 11 as a villager and class changed him to Mercenary. If any unit in the history of FE didn't need the underdog skill, it's this guy. He seems unfairly powerful and now he's up to level 14 with max strength, speed and luck and hardly lacking in skill or def he makes everyone else look distinctively average. If that wasn't enough, he has level A support with Kellam to send his strength over the edge and make him truly indestructible to physical hits.

My Stahl, at level 17 has Hp 37, Str 20, Mag 2, Skill 15, Spd 18, Lck 13, Def 21 and Res 4. He's like a Knight, except he's on horseback, and so has the great movement alongside the resiliance to take a beating as long as it isn't magic based.

I've promoted Chrom and Avatar along their normal class lines, so Great Lord and GrandMaster and most of my other units are knocking on the door of level 20 promotion. I've hooked Lissa up with Ricken - I always felt Avatar was too old for Lissa (well, my version of Avatar is) but that meant I could hook myself up with the cutest girl in the game - that I'm aware of, hope I didn't settle down too early.

Edited by Captain Falcon
Automerged Doublepost

Even better than the DLC is the SpotPass feature. When on your World Map, hit X and select Wireless. Select SpotPass to turn it on, make sure Wireless mode is engaged on your 3DS, and afterwards, choose Bonus Box.

From here, you can download Bonus items including the Bonus Teams. You might need to select Update first of all.

The teams are composed of one unit from a previous FE game, still with generic chracter models though unlike the true DLC ones, and if you select them, they will appear on your map somewhere.

As Dem0 has mentioned, there are 10 teams out from "Fire Emblem" and one from "Sacred Stones" which must be random because I have Marisa and not Seth. Select "Fire Emblem" and you should see a list of characters. Most of them are surprisingly strong but the Pegasus Knight Florina has a team that is only around level 4 unpromoted.

Now you can fight them on the world map. You won't gain much in the way of items because there are no item drops - you will only get them from the event tiles (the sparkly things you can stand on) - but you can use it to harvest exp and even recruit the lead character once you've killed everyone.

You can also repeatedly summon teams indefinitely so once you beat them, you can go back into the menu and bring them back to fight again.

And because there are so many different teams with differing strength levels, which you can check on the world map before fighting them anyway in case they are too strong, this is a great source for leveling characters at a whole range of skill levels.

Yeah I have used the SpotPass option, though no items so far, booh. I did get two teams to show up on my map, but the first one was level 20 haha. Second one was Florina though and I managed to beat her. But yeah, again not much gain from the battle. But didn't know I could fight her again so might try that. =)

Yeah I have used the SpotPass option, though no items so far, booh. I did get two teams to show up on my map, but the first one was level 20 haha. Second one was Florina though and I managed to beat her. But yeah, again not much gain from the battle. But didn't know I could fight her again so might try that. =)

Yep, just double checked and you can fight them again - I even recruited her and it will let me fight her again. The stats are only affected by your difficulty setting so shes still just as weak when bringing her back again.

If the team on your map is too strong, just select Dismiss from their menu to get rid of them and open up the space for Risen/other teams/merchants if you need them... or you just want to use the shop on that spot. Also, think about what spot on the map they appear. If they pop up on a awkward map, such as a desert one which you won't have open yet, just Dismiss them and bring them back until they are on a map that suits you better.... or at least doesn't leave you at a disadvantage.

But if Florina's team is too weak, then I suggest you download the proper DLC map for Free as Gibbs mentioned, as the enemy is around level 8 on that... although they have remarkably good stats for level 8 compared to most encounters. This map has two villages you can visit and collect stuff you can either use or sell for money. Plus, as I said in another post, the enemy units will always go for your computer controlled allies before attacking you, provided they are in range, so you can use that to your advantage.

The next team up from Florina is Nino and whilst she is level 10 unpromoted, her team are all level 5 promoted and you won't get a look in. Matthew and Serra are both in the teens and unpromoted but still rather stat blessed for their level and not to be taken lightly.

Edited by Captain Falcon

He seems unfairly powerful and now he's up to level 14 with max strength, speed and luck and hardly lacking in skill or def he makes everyone else look distinctively average. If that wasn't enough, he has level A support with Kellam to send his strength over the edge and make him truly indestructible to physical hits.

20130425_163048.jpg

But yeah, he's gone beyond beast level for me. He either doesn't get hit or if he does get hit it does little to no damage at best and then he takes down his opponents in one or two hits.

but that meant I could hook myself up with the cutest girl in the game

Libra? :p

I think that was part of the reason why I didn't go with Lissa, in the end my Avatar married Tharja.

But yeah, he's gone beyond beast level for me. He either doesn't get hit or if he does get hit it does little to no damage at best and then he takes down his opponents in one or two hits.

He's where Chrom was before except by the game's reasoning, he was still considered underleveled which meant I could still use him to batter everyone that came near him. No joke, he's using a tree branch and still doing massive damage - I just couldn't bring myself to give him a proper weapon when he clearly doesn't need one and I had it taking up space.

Libra? :p

I think that was part of the reason why I didn't go with Lissa, in the end my Avatar married Tharja.

Lucius Mk II? I've not had Libra support anyone yet but I can just imagine how the conversation with walking libedo, Virion, would go.

I'm hooked up with everyone's favourite flame haired merchant... :heart:

Simple question; What is your favourite couple in this game so far?

I'll start: Mine is Gaius & Cordelia. They're just so much and devastatingly elusive, they're also very efficient in that they require the least amount of backup (getting healed) and they go through the least number of weapons (not counting Donnel because his skill stops him reducing his weapon usage).

Update on some of my team members:

• Sully is a Great Knight
  • Gaius is an Assassin
  • Cordelia is Dark Flier
  • Lon'qu is a Swordmaster

Miriel & Stahl are both level 19.

Simple question; What is your favourite couple in this game so far?

Are you takling couple as in marriage or purely in terms of pair up?

Isn't weapon burn through, or efficiency, ultimately tied to the attacking strength/magic stat? More power means more likely to take an enemy down in 2 hits in which case a thief and a pegasus knight would hardly seem to fit that description over say Chrom and a pegasus knight... although Chrom doesn't seem to pass on much strength as part of his pair up. And with Falchion having unlimited use, he sure doesn't need to worry running out of weapons.

For me, Sully/Stahl and Donnel/Kellam have probably proved the most effective partnerships in terms of swinging the tides of battle.

Sorry, I meant pairings/teams not marriage.

I guess you're right then, it does come down to their power. I was thinking more along the lines of weapon burn through, needing to get healed and number of criticals and in that sense Gaius & Cordelia have been getting a lot of criticals and have been 1HKOing most enemies as of late.

OK, Lissa is level 20. Promote or class swap. Thoughts?

Also, new DLC quest has FE7 music!

Wooo! which one did you get?

About Lissa, I just promoted her to a sage because I wasn't really sure what I wanted from her. I know she's not gonna be a fighter but it's helpful if she can fend for herself. Maybe if I waited and thought about it more I may have changed to a War Cleric so that I could get the Renewal skill:

"Recover 30% HP at the start of the user's Turn"

Then after that I would've eventually gone back to a sage.

I bought the 2 new DLC packs, only play the first one. Let's just say you won't have money problems if you buy that DLC.

I was leaning towards Sage myself, but War Cleric sounds good for Renewal so will go that route me thinks.

Erm, yes and no. All the enemies try to escape and won't attack you unless you attack, however they are really strong advanced classes, so I couldn't kill most of them or I would get OHKO'd from 40+ damage attacks. Looking forward to going back with a much stronger team. Still managed to get a nice amount of gold from it.

Erm, yes and no. All the enemies try to escape and won't attack you unless you attack, however they are really strong advanced classes, so I couldn't kill most of them or I would get OHKO'd from 40+ damage attacks. Looking forward to going back with a much stronger team. Still managed to get a nice amount of gold from it.

Sounds like a job for Donnel and Kellam to me - wouldn't phase them when paired up.

I'm not sure whether I want to get the map packs or not.

The money one sounds useful if you want to spend ages reclassing troops and getting all the various skills you want onto your team and so burn through Second and Master seals and probably serves you better than the pack that features the Silver Card. And I'm sure the EXPonential Growth map could be useful for post game training.

My issue stems from stuff like how the Champions of Yore set all feature the exact same map, the Isle of Talys - I notice it doesn't appear on the world map. I get they wanted to use old maps to relate to the characters but then why do Roy and Micaiah have the exact same map for their DLC - even if they do change the music. Having had a look at the DLC, it seems a good chunk of the maps of throwbacks and usually 2 of the 3 maps in a set are the same. At least the third in a pack also has a skill on most of them in addition.

In some ways, it feels like they are trying to monetise the creature campaign of Sacred Stones. In that game you had a two 10 floor dungeons that could reward you with bonus items not easily found, including the elusive Boots, whilst offering a higher challenge and rewarding you with bonus characters.

Given what they do give away through Spot Pass, the DLC seems a little steep in comparison and even more so when compared to how much you get in the base game for the retail price.

It certainly isn't helped by our DLC prices being 40% more expensive than in the US.

Edited by Captain Falcon

Sharing some Fan-art

RzZETy7.jpg

Do any of you use Nowi? I've been considering it recently but I keep picking most of my other units instead of her and Panne.

I've been pairing Nowi with donnel and it feels like i could just send them into battle on their own! they destroy most things in one go, Donnel has amazing stats now and Nowi's are climbing fast

Not sure what to do with my Lyssa, i heard that its good to change her to a pegus knight and go that route for galeforce then reclass to sage etc, but since i've only 2 master seals and 1 second seal I'm reluctant to do anything yet with anyone

I think i'm going to go the dark knight route with the Avatar though

When are you guys marrying people off? i married Chrom and Sumia straight away but i've reluctant to do anyone else so far as their conversations don't suggest "love" although Cordelia and Giaus seem to be a good match so far. My experiences with Avatar and Lyssa being more brother/sister relationship and others having more friendly relationships have made me reluctant to commit (ironically)

Sully is another odd one, Frederick and Stahl both have flirty bits with her, proper love triangle so far