NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Mario Tennis Open

Hehehe! Nice. :grin:

Hey, did you ever get a wireless router sorted out? I don't want any excuses for you not taking part in the online fun, H-o-T! :smile:

Unless they're to do with Nintendo's "fantastic" online system. :heh:

: peace:

Despite Mokongs best efforts I never was able to get the router sorted. I can still play online, it just means I have to put my laptop upstairs with the dongle in.

Hmm might as well do that seeing as my copy is more than likely due to arrive today seeing as ShopTo posted it yesterday. :D

Nice, that's a free set of Kid Icarus cards :)

Got a couple of QR codes. They are for the US version but they'll probably work. Maybe.

Edit: Nope, don't work :(

Green Yoshi:

green_yoshi.png

Blue Yoshi:

blue%20yoshi.jpg

Edited by Ike

Come on postie! Don't let me down today!

Pretty sweet of Shopto to ship it out early and to have it arrive on my day off too! :D

Good find Ike! I think they will work though. btw, I was on the mario open tennis wiki and under the QR downloadable Characters it shows all of the different coloured Yoshi's.

Blue Yoshi

Light Blue Yoshi

Yellow Yoshi

Red Yoshi

Pink Yoshi

Black Yoshi

White Yoshi

They got a Blue Yoshi & Light Blue Yoshi... but no Purple. :shakehead.

Postie just called!

It's here!

Gonna have a very quick blast and will post comments!!

I wouldn't register your games today. I've had problems in the past with 'bonus stars' not registering when I've activated it before the release date.

Enjoy playing it!

Played the first tournament. Won very easily.

But really liked it! The chance shots didn't really add anything for me - don't know if I was doing it right though coz I was standing in the glowing circle and the shots were the same! Ha.

But it was great! Can see me having a lot of fun - providing the difficulty increases.

One thing I did notice was I preferred the view in gyro mode - everything was a little bit closer on the smaller screen. However I don't wanna use gyro controls! So switching it off makes everything look a bit far away - particularly with the 3d in motion too adding more depth.

Anyone know if the view can be changed without having to have gyro on?!

But yeah - really enjoying it! :yay:

Sweet, my copy just dropped in through the door!

Don't have much time though, going to play for about 10 minutes then I'm going to play some more on the train!

EDIT: @Ike I tried to scan the QR codes, but it said "Incompatible QR Code". so yeah, we need QR codes for our own region.

BTW, if any of you want to try to scan QR codes for yourselves then you've got to be on the 'Select File' Screen. Next you hold 'UP' on the 'Dpad' and press 'Start'. After that you're ready to scan QR codes.

Edited by -Dem0-

EDIT: @Ike I tried to scan the QR codes, but it said "Incompatible QR Code". so yeah, we need QR codes for our own region.

Oh well. Didn't think they would bother doing separate codes, worth a try though :) Have an ASDA near me doing the black Yoshi code but I can't be bothered going :P

EDIT: @Ike I tried to scan the QR codes, but it said "Incompatible QR Code". so yeah, we need QR codes for our own region

Damn! Someone need to take a picture of that ASDA QR code! (just pretend that you're lining up the 3DS with MTO, when in actuality you're in the 3DS menu taking a picture!)

I'll be going to the Metro Centre on Saturday, so if the code hasn't surfaced on the net by then ( it probably will have ) i'll pop into the Asda there and snap a pic of it.

OMGOMGOMG YESYESYES!!!

You can run around during celebrations again like in Mario Tennis N64!!!

Sooooo happy right now :heart:

OMGOMGOMG YESYESYES!!!

You can run around during celebrations again like in Mario Tennis N64!!!

Sooooo happy right now :heart:

HAHA! I loved doing that back in the day.

I wonder if my copy is sitting at home? I ordered from Shopto, is that where you guys got your copy from?

Yep, Mario Tennis is in da house... My House! :D

Had a quick play, absolutely love the Super Mario Tennis mini-game! :love: Seriously, that could be an entire game on its own. But unfortunately it's only 4 levels long. :sad:

In other good news, chance shots aren't nearly as annoying as they initially appeared to be. You can completely ignore them and still come out on top (in fact, moving to a chance shot area and playing a different shot type can give you an advantage sometimes! :hehe:), but even if you/your opponent use them all the time, they're no way as obtrusive as power shots were on the GCN version.

Also, they can be countered by playing the opposite shot type. ;)

Anyone up for some N-E doubles today, how about 7pm?

Had a quick play, absolutely love the Super Mario Tennis mini-game! :love: Seriously, that could be an entire game on its own. But unfortunately it's only 4 levels long. :sad:

In other good news, chance shots aren't nearly as annoying as they initially appeared to be. You can completely ignore them and still come out on top (in fact, moving to a chance shot area and playing a different shot type can give you an advantage sometimes! :hehe:), but even if you/your opponent use them all the time, they're no way as obtrusive as power shots were on the GCN version.

Im up for doubles at 7!! :bouncy:

Yeah I'm up for a few games!

Is it just me or do chance shots appear mostly near to the back of the court? Seems to discourage Net play in favour of Stroke play (Waluigi am cry)

I think I actually quite like the chance shots, not nearly as overpowering as I feared and there's quite a bit of strategy involved in using them (the chance shot lob seems pretty bogus though!)

Music is epic too! (especially the Tiebreaker and Championship Finals music! - not keen on the game point music though)

It's a shame that it doesn't seem to have the wide range of championship victory scenes you got for each character in past MT games. Always loved seeing the scenes you got for each character but in this game, it's really short and not very different for each character (Boo's one is pretty clever though :D )

BTW the male Mii voice is hilariously gruff and manly :laughing:

I think I actually quite like the chance shots, not nearly as overpowering as I feared and there's quite a bit of strategy involved in using them (the chance shot lob seems pretty bogus though!)
Yeah, chance shot lobs and drop shots are definitely the worst offenders. :D

I'm definitely OK with the chance shot system overall though, waaaay better than power shots. icon14.gif

Anyway, will set-up a room for doubles at 7.

How did the multiplayer go?
Pretty good, was just me and Aneres11 in the end though.

Good games, Aneres11. :)

I've got a room open now (singles) if anyone's up for a game.

Mine arrived yesterday as well and i'm quite enjoying it.

I have beaten the Mushroom cups, both in singles and doubles and then finished the flower cup in singles. I then had a quick blast of the mini games, which seem like a laugh.

I absolutely adore the customization in the game, some of the outfits and accessories look great! :D

I take it the only way to earn coins is through the mini games then?

What does press A do at the start of a rally? Before the AI serves I was hitting A and my Mii did a little stretch and had a red aura around him for a brief second.