Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Suggestions

Ashley

• 5 weeks later...

Also, also.

*tugs on admins trousers like a child*

Can we have a shout out box?

I've seen on some forums in the past that they have cool boxes at the bottom that registered members can post stuff...

Like a chat room but... less chatty and roomy.

Would be quite fun.

Considering the sort of almost "status updates" that people shove in the HWYD thread.

Yeah definitely, but I think that this could work well in creating new threads.

Someone would mention something, which would make someone go, "Ah... there's a thought" and create a cool thread.

That happens a little bit in the HWYD, but this would be kewl.

So all I'll ever see is Chair and Paj going off into their crazy little quotatious (yes, I do realise that was made up) world posting things that either my little brain cannot comprehend, or its about music which I'm too uneducated/close minded to appreciate.

YEAH LETS DO THAT IDEA!

P.S In all seriousness I quite like the idea, its just what I imagine will happen. Rarely, but nonetheless it shall happen.

We've discussed a shout box to death, you can just go back through this thread and find the reasons we were against it. Several times.

We have a chat room, if people could be bothered to go there it could be huge. Back in the day it was awesome, it could be again.

Would it be possible to integrate an alternative spoiler tag? The current one is fine if you're looking to hide an essay, but sometimes you just want to mask a couple of words or a single sentence and for that it can be rather messy.

The alternative method I'd suggest is a simple highlight to read one. Something a bit like this quick Google result, albeit possibly without the hover case.

Would it be possible to integrate an alternative spoiler tag? The current one is fine if you're looking to hide an essay, but sometimes you just want to mask a couple of words or a single sentence and for that it can be rather messy.

The alternative method I'd suggest is a simple highlight to read one. Something a bit like this quick Google result, albeit possibly without the hover case.

Font colour F6F6F6 comes out as this.

We've discussed a shout box to death, you can just go back through this thread and find the reasons we were against it. Several times.

We have a chat room, if people could be bothered to go there it could be huge. Back in the day it was awesome, it could be again.

The chat room is just irc right? What's the server name?