Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Suggestions

Ashley

Guest Stefkov
Without being the ultimate pedant, shouldn't that read:

Could I suggest a Grammar thread?

Just me being careless at half 1 in the morning.

What you said Tellyn is right, they're the more noticable. The ones I've pointed out though makes the context of the sentence different depending on which is used.

Just me being careless at half 1 in the morning.

What you said Tellyn is right, they're the more noticable. The ones I've pointed out though makes the context of the sentence different depending on which is used.

Yep I completely agree. And if people have trouble with that then they should write their posts in Word first then copy it over. It makes the forum easier to read.

How about allowing us to change the names of threads we've made.

Also there should be a system where every post of yours should appear with an input text box at the end to make it easier for people quickly add stuff to their post with-ought having to go into the editing dialogue.

Also there should be a system where every post of yours should appear with an input text box at the end to make it easier for people quickly add stuff to their post with-ought having to go into the editing dialogue.

Eh?

That would need one click to action, as you'd have to click in the text box. Currently to edit a post you need....one click. Same.

I don't like the 2nd idea, but the first one has been bugging me forever.

You can change the thread title, but it doesn't show on the list of threads, only after, once you're in the thread.

Can we be allowed to get this done without having to ask mods?

I don't like the 2nd idea, but the first one has been bugging me forever.

You can change the thread title, but it doesn't show on the list of threads, only after, once you're in the thread.

Can we be allowed to get this done without having to ask mods?

I think the rules are in place to stop people getting into edit wars with mods over thread titles. I'm not sure how likely this is, but it's a fairly commonplace measure.

when your logged in, you can see this massage.

Welcome, warandchaos.

You last visited: Today at 02:02 AM

Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 33.

i think it would be so much better if you could click your name and it have the same effect as it does when you press it in the online section.

when your logged in, you can see this massage.

i think it would be so much better if you could click your name and it have the same effect as it does when you press it in the online section.

This is quite doable, I imagine, within the forum template code (which I personally don't have access to, but can already imagine that it would simply be a case of turning the variable after "welcome," to have a link to variable's profile)

But really, what's the point? To save you scrolling down the page? Why do you need to see your own profile page, anyway?

That and the idea of an always-visible text box to edit your posts seem to scream ridiculous laziness to me. Disrupt the design of the thread, find and impliment a mod that I've never even heard of before to save one person from one click? Why?

This is quite doable, I imagine, within the forum template code (which I personally don't have access to, but can already imagine that it would simply be a case of turning the variable after "welcome," to have a link to variable's profile)

But really, what's the point? To save you scrolling down the page? Why do you need to see your own profile page, anyway?

That and the idea of an always-visible text box to edit your posts seem to scream ridiculous laziness to me. Disrupt the design of the thread, find and impliment a mod that I've never even heard of before to save one person from one click? Why?

i do it to track my posts.

and the whos online isnt under every page.

the alwys visable text box seems like it would spoil the forum. it would probobly load quicker as it is now and it only takes one second to make the edit box appear

It was just an idea.

Guest Stefkov

Clicking on the Calender you can't get to 2008.

Drop down menus only goes to 2007.

I'm suggesting you add this year on :)

PS: Clicking on the Calendar button 'Options' takes you to Decemeber last year. Just a minor niggle that it doesn't load Jan straight away?