Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Suggestions

Ashley

I have a suggestion. If you ever read any news and take a look at the comments, chances are you'll see a reply by Solitanze. I suggest that you ban him from commenting- not only because he spams the comment page with nonsense (and any other kind of spam would probably result in a ban) but also because you would literally save him from wasting his life researching (which in fairness, probably takes some time) and producing this nonsense.

Here's the latest:

Regarding the worst Mario handheld game, and not being able to think of one other than a Wario game, upon comparison of all Mario handheld games based on their average ratio we get the following games for each platform (listing the worst on each platform for both Mario & Wario games):

Mario's Picross, 2 reviews @ 70.6% average ratio <-- GameBoy;

Mario Golf, 9 reviews @ 89.6% average ratio <-- GameBoy Color;

Mario Party Advance, 32 reviews @ 57.2% average ratio <-- GameBoy Advance; and

Mario Hoops 3 on 3, 43 reviews @ 70.4% average ratio <-- Nintendo DS.

Now Warios worst games:

Wario Blast: Featuring Bomberman! = 57.5% average ratio with 2 reviews <-- GameBoy;

Wario Land II = 86.9% average ratio with 9 reviews <-- GameBoy Color;

Wario Land 4 = 85.3% average ratio with 32 reviews <-- GameBoy Advance; and

Wario: Master of Disguise = 63.5% average ratio with 37 reviews <-- DS.

Out of the 8 titles above (Worst 4 Mario and Worst 4 Wario titles based on average ratio), we can see from the Nintendo handheld iteration offerings which Mario game really is the worst:

Mario Party Advance on GBA = 57.2% average ratio with 32 reviews;

v

Wario: Master of Disguise on DS = 63.5% average ratio with 37 reviews;

= 57.2 v 63.5 --> 57.2% < 63.5%.

CONCLUSION: Mario Party Advance is the worst Mario game on a Nintendo handheld platform...

I mean, is there anything more ridiculous? He uses statistics - often unreliable averages (Mario Picross with 2 reviews for example) and then types phrases in BLOCK CAPITALS which is frankly annoying. He gets right on everyone's tits, ban for the winneth please!

Shiekah, he's been given verbal warnings before, but we cannot actually remove is account... yet.

EDIT:

I've just had a thought. Any chance we could have a Games Board on here? I don't mean as in Videogames, I'm talking about things such as the Mafia game, Guess that Game, Movie Quotes, etc. Good ones tend to get lost among other topics in general chit chat and I think threads like that would do better and last longer in their own forum.

Shiekah, he's been given verbal warnings before, but we cannot actually remove is account... yet.

EDIT:

I've just had a thought. Any chance we could have a Games Board on here? I don't mean as in Videogames, I'm talking about things such as the Mafia game, Guess that Game, Movie Quotes, etc. Good ones tend to get lost among other topics in general chit chat and I think threads like that would do better and last longer in their own forum.

Was thinking exactly the same thing.

How about a help thread?

Or, more specifically, a 'relationship help' thread.

To prevent it getting clogged with "shut up u n00b an hav secks with him/her l0lz!" type answers, ferociously moderate it. (If it's a serious suggestion make sure people explain their suggestions)

As far as I can see, retro only has two active games, one of which is only two pages long.

Basically I don't see that a forum games board would really be active enough. It would have a total of maybe 5-10 threads that people participated in, and a few dozen rubbish games that nobody wants to take part in, and people will just post in all of them one after the other to get more posts. That's where I stand regarding that idea, maybe if other staffer's disagree it could be a possibility.

As far as I can see, retro only has two active games, one of which is only two pages long.

Basically I don't see that a forum games board would really be active enough. It would have a total of maybe 5-10 threads that people participated in, and a few dozen rubbish games that nobody wants to take part in, and people will just post in all of them one after the other to get more posts. That's where I stand regarding that idea, maybe if other staffer's disagree it could be a possibility.

Well, as said before you can set the forum to not have posts contributing = harms no one.

Would a sub-board be better? Like I said before, many good game threads get lost among new threads in general discussion. (And the point I was making about Retro was that those games are basically the board's only use at the moment.)