NEurope
Ashley

Suggestions

They do live together...

Don't you love it when a plan falls into place?

That is true, although I think jayseven wins the competition for cider (aka strongbow) drinking.

James dared me to get you to swing.

(I was talking about swinging by here, he presumed I meant as in the thing that involves car keys. Me and nightwolf then tried to decide who would be more likely to do so; yourself or james...or together

*eastenders music*)

The Wii is now over 2 years old in Europe.

Maybe someone could change the Wii Discussion forum description?

Petty I know!

It doesn't need changing ideally until we reach 2009 and only then it doesn't need changing except the ''2008'' bit :P

Its an improvement over the Cube-Europe days when the forum descriptions were something like "The GBA rocks! Discuss it"

I don't know if people have moaned about this before... but. The "How was your day" thread is great and I do post in it. But I can't help but feel it saps out some energy from the forum and without it there'd be more interesting threads.

Hm; I don't think so. It's not quite the same as PYMPOTDT; people are posting about their day and it's far less spammy than MP. I think about half the posts in there would not have been made had there not been a How Was Your Day thread. It's somewhere to do just that and at the moment I think it's being used for its intended purpose.

It just seems a bit counter-productive in terms of a forum environment. It's seems like an easy solution for posts to be filtered into one or two threads, but then you have to question whether the forum is really growing as a result.

Right now, on my screen, the top four topics in the general chat are threads with hundreds of pages, a combined total of 45 thousand posts between them. It's like this most days. There is little interesting about this.

I dunno... like I said, I like the HWYD thread... but...

We've been round and round with this. The fact is, nobody went to the chat room when I made it and even if we close the HWYD thread, someone will make another generic, loosely defined thread that you can use to chatter about anything in. What's best for the forum is that we branch our conversations into as many threads as possible, but we've tried and it just doesn't seem to be what most people want to do....

Once again I'm forced to bring up the forum integrated chat room that goes at the top or bottom of the forum. Any further movements on that?

People, go forth and make threads! It's not like you're not allowed. If you feel something eees missing, then go forth and make a thread about eet.

Staaap Whining!

People, go forth and make threads! It's not like you're not allowed. If you feel something eees missing, then go forth and make a thread about eet.

Staaap Whining!

I might not be allowed if i carry on :'(

All my threds seem like a good idea at the time, but then theyre not actually that good XD

I might not be allowed if i carry on :'(

All my threds seem like a good idea at the time, but then theyre not actually that good XD

Before you make a thread, try to stop up and think: "How will this actually work out? Is it something that people will want to discuss? Is it interesting? Is it relevant?" Don't be discouraged, but try to stop and think when your finger starts to itch over the Post New Thread Button. :)

Before you make a thread, try to stop up and think: "How will this actually work out? Is it something that people will want to discuss? Is it interesting? Is it relevant?" Don't be discouraged, but try to stop and think when your finger starts to itch over the Post New Thread Button. :)

I do, but then i tihnk i find interesting.. SO WILL EVERY ONE ELSE!

I do, but then i tihnk i find interesting.. SO WILL EVERY ONE ELSE!

War, I don't think you necessarily pick boring subjects, most of your posts do cover some interesting aspect. What I find is that you just don't necessarily provoke a thoughtful discussion in most them - e.g., you tend to just give us a yes/no question, which means we can only give an opinion and that's it (or it just goes entirely off track). As Danny said, just think and perhaps word things better. I like that you post lots of threads, it's nice to see something different on the forums regularly! It gets a bit boring to read every single day that Chris the great went to the gym for the millionth time, Jayseven got drunk yet again and that once again someone has had an overexaggerated, sickly emotional encounter with a girl or boy and feels the need to cry their heart out to a bunch of random people over the Internet.

But ya, just give it some thought I say!

Pfft, that never gets boring. I live on N-E Forum Drama. Surely you could just not go to the HWYD thread? People are posting just that - how their days were. Not everyone is gonna have a radically different day every day.

Pfft, that never gets boring. I live on N-E Forum Drama. Surely you could just not go to the HWYD thread?

No, because there is still some interesting stuff in the thread itself - I wasn't trying to suggest there wasn't - however, lots of people do just repeat their daily routine over and over. If something exciting happens then yeah, that's cool and it's nice to know (depending on the subject of course). I was just throwing my support behind us n-e folk being a bit more varied in our discussion.

Sure, fair enough. I see what you're saying. I what you get out of it depends on how much you put in; personally. If you read the thread it's as boring as anything, but if you put time and effort in to get to know the people behind the posts it's a very different scenario.

Still, others may not find that this is the case. It's merely how I see it.

Sure, fair enough. I see what you're saying. I what you get out of it depends on how much you put in; personally. If you read the thread it's as boring as anything, but if you put time and effort in to get to know the people behind the posts it's a very different scenario.

Still, others may not find that this is the case. It's merely how I see it.

A valid point indeed. I'm not as warmly received on these forums as most of the others though (hence the validity of your point!), probably because I don't post all that frequently but I've made an effort nevertheless to try and become a part of the community! I think the next NE meet-up will act as a good medium in which to make my experiences here much more personal!

pookiablo - It's a shame you think you're not warmly received. You're a part of this forum and lots of us look forward to reading your posts.

Sorry my routine bores you, though! I try to reserve my nonsense to the hwyd thread, and I'm sorry you think they're banal, pointless ramblings but sometimes I need to get stuff off my chest and if they're gonna go anywhere, that's the best place to put it. I try and counter-balance those with more productive stuff, mostly in the playground.

I agree that the HWYD thread sucks the life out of a lot of other potential threads, and from time to time a collection of posts are quietly merged into a new thread, it's just that members don't get to see when or how this happens and assume it never does.

*gets back to getting drunk ;)*

jaysevens drunk, 4am philosophical ramblings are the best part of this forum imo.

I'm not as warmly received on these forums as most of the others though (hence the validity of your point!), probably because I don't post all that frequently but I've made an effort nevertheless to try and become a part of the community!

I wouldn't say that - I'd call you one of the success stories.

Sorry, I think my late night postings have probably come across as being a bit rude or resentful, I assure you guys that I'm really not!

I suppose what I mean to say is that I'm not one of the forums most prominent members, such as those who've been here ages and have had the time to get to know each other! I know that I'm welcome and I do love chatting with you guys but obviously I've not had the time to fully integrate myself just yet. I sound like an attention seeker now...lol!

And Jayseven, you don't bore me, if anything some of your best posts would appear to be written under the influence of alcohol! What you write isn't boring, what I mean to say is that the HWYD thread does follow this very samey format day in, day out in what appears to be the same thing happening over and over from time to time. I was just using you as an example - I'm sure if we were drinking together in the pub it would be far from boring my friend ;)

I do think the HWYD thread is useful - I do check it daily as it's where most people tend to post. We do also have some good discussions in it and I do like to get an inkling into some people's lives. If I had to vote, I would opt for keeping it - it does act as one of the "fundamental" threads on the forums.

Nevertheless, we could do with more varied discussion - some of the other big threads such as the Comic Book Thread for example are ones I won't go near because I have no interest in them. Of course, you're probably thinking why don't I just go and make my own thread but truth be told I have no idea what we should discuss and I fear I'll only be making one for the sake of it!

Either way, let's use our noggins and get chattin'!

Apologies for any offence I may have caused by the way - I've been suffering from insomnia lately it would seem.