NEurope
Ashley

Suggestions

I think that would be too disruptive to the shoutbox considering how many posts and threads are made.

I think that would be too disruptive to the shoutbox considering how many posts and threads are made.

Yeah it would be disruptive.

You should have a link at the top to the most visited threads in the past hour, or 2 or 3etc.

Yeah it would be disruptive.

You should have a link at the top to the most visited threads in the past hour, or 2 or 3etc.

Under 'Quick Links' at the top is a 'today's posts' button that does a good job of displaying all the good new stuff you've not seen yet.

"MORTALS! YOU DEFY THE GODS. I SENTENCE YOU TO TRAVEL AMONG UNKNOWN STARS. UNTIL YOU FIND THE KINGDOM OF HADES, YOUR BODIES WILL STAY AS LIFELESS AS STONE "

I suggest ritual sacrifice of forumites. A small price to pay.

I agree. Far too much of a price to pay. I don't ever want to admit to what I did wrong!

How about allowing people to edit the titles of threads they've made.

That would be a good idea, even if they just have like 10 mins to change it.

Does anyone think that keeping the HWYD thread closed might be a good idea? Discussion in the other threads has been more lively and that thread does constantly fall into the same trap.

Jordan evidentally disagrees.

You must taste the bitterness of coffee to know what is really in your heart! :p

Well, thats what happened when the Meaningless post thread was closed too, but the problem is, where do you just talk about things you experience that aren't really thread worthy. Perhaps what could happen is General could be split up into more different boards. Perhaps one for News, debates, and world events, and one for discussing media (TV shows, Movies, Music, ect). And one for everything else. That way, threads wouldn't get lost before everyone got a chance to contribute, or before they were really over.

Or people can just read the title of the thread and post how their day was.

We're all smart enough to pass the registration process, why aren't people smart enough to post in the thread relating to the title of it. I've posted off topic in there before I know but that whole sim card thing was silly.

Or throw it in the Playground where no posts add to your post count? Then spam away.

I think spam was the main hesitation the Admins had in creating the playground if I can remember that far back. At least thats what they told us in here. If people started using it that way, I would imagine It would be closed down very soon. Plus it kinda defeats the purpose of the board, the point of it was to have a place where games didn't get lost in all the other stuff in general.

People still played the games and posted within the Playground when the thread was open. Since the Playground part was made.

When the thread was hard to findm other threads benefited from them not being able to find it/post in it. (I say find cos I totally lost it when it was locked.)

Sure it's not a game but it doesn't add to post count and it'll be out of the way for other threads to thrive in the Main board.

If you can limit the spam to one thread and have it controlled, why not?

Well the verdict is still out on that.

(well, we're waiting on one particular admin to respond but it does take about two years for anything to get up there...:P)

You must taste the bitterness of coffee to know what is really in your heart! :p

maya-shock.gif

bluey:

zomg jamba you totally stole my suggestion!!! O_o

but the much appreciated PW3 ref saves your ass :heh:

Thats exactly why a chat box would make sense.

When the admin gets back, a trial period would be best. Then if it is a problem for anyone it can just be removed.

Considering the amount some people spam in other threads, I don't see why the HWYD thread is a huge problem. That sim card was a bit of a fiasco I know but other than that, in general it was kept on topic.

I personally thought the meaningless thread was a fair idea because as people above have mentioned, sometimes people want to post things that don't deserve a thread of their own.

Just my thoughts anyway :)

Considering the amount some people spam in other threads, I don't see why the HWYD thread is a huge problem. That sim card was a bit of a fiasco I know but other than that, in general it was kept on topic.

In general yes, but 3 pages full of 'You're a bad, bad man' was basically showing you what the other 500+ pages is full of. It's generally spam with the odd 'My day was great' thrown in just to keep it on topic.

I don't believe that. I think the majority of posts in that thread are about a person's day.

90% are =]

I thought before, the inbuilt IRC would be good with a few channels. Say a football channel if there ever is a game on and people are on this forum. Instead of the Football thread being clogged with

1-0!!

2-0!!!

17-0!!!!!!!!!!1

they could just do that in the IRC?

I thought before, the inbuilt IRC would be good with a few channels. Say a football channel if there ever is a game on and people are on this forum. Instead of the Football thread being clogged with

1-0!!

2-0!!!

17-0!!!!!!!!!!1

they could just do that in the IRC?

The IRC is hardly full enough to need a split.