NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Xenoblade Chronicles Official Thread

The game is amazing. Probably one of the best games I've ever played. The only thing I didn't like was the collect quests as I found it hard and tedious to find the more obscure items!

Started playing this properly on Saturday, really enjoying it but shocked when

Fiora was killed, I thought she would be the love interest for Shulk

My characters are Level 18, is that too low 7 hours in?

Ignoring most of the side quests as I'll go back to them later on when my characters are a higher level and I can do them without any trouble.

Ignoring most of the side quests as I'll go back to them later on when my characters are a higher level and I can do them without any trouble.

I found the best way to level up was to do the sidequests.

I should really attempt to play through this again. Twice now I've tried and both times I got bored. Third times a charm, right?

I should really attempt to play through this again. Twice now I've tried and both times I got bored. Third times a charm, right?

I am genuinely surprised you didn't gel with this, I would have thought this would be your ideal game. Hacking monsters to bits with one of the best battle systems ever, and a pretty neat story to go with it.

Same with Dark Souls...that level design, bosses and network features! I am astonished... :p

I am genuinely surprised you didn't gel with this, I would have thought this would be your ideal game. Hacking monsters to bits with one of the best battle systems ever, and a pretty neat story to go with it.

Same with Dark Souls...that level design, bosses and network features! I am astonished... :p

I didn't like how big this game was. I prefer RPGs with a more linear structure. It's one of the reasons why I hate the likes or Oblivion and Fallout.

I would like to try the Souls games at some point though.

Yeah Souls is pretty linear in one respect (progression through levels), but also gives you freedom in the order of areas you can visit as well as much optional content (bosses, shortcuts to skip stuff and come back later, etc).

Mate, I hardly touched the side-quests, don't worry about it. You level up at a reasonable pace throughout the main story if you don't do side-quests. Although there is one point fairly late into the game that is a huge spike in difficulty if you don't. I just ground out a few monsters to level up before going back to that bit... which then posed no problem.

I found the best way to level up was to do the sidequests.

I'm shocked, brah. This game is wonderful. I thought you'd be all over it.

I do get the point about it being too expansive at times. For me, I loved it because we had a living and breathing world. It might be too much for some, especially if you prefer linear games.

As for side quests: If I could go back, I would pay much more attention to the sidequests earlier on. I left them for too late and found that I hadn't got everything needed for Colony 6 in the rightful locations, so had to resort to trading/finding them in obscure places. Would've been much easier if I had done it as I went along.

10/10 game though, for me. I can't wait for the day when I get to start this all over again.

So am I the only one that didn't bother rebuilding Colony 6? Haha

I looooved that quest. It's great to have a quest where you can physically see things changing for the better. Compared to what Colony 6 looks like when you start that quest, it's amazing how it finishes up. I'd have loved an entire game/story section just on that.

Nope I cant be arsed with it.

I am doing the side quests though that dont require to much effort and getting a load of experience from that. At the beginning of the game I did really enjoy doing the side quests but I am now finding them repetitive and tiresome

Nope I cant be arsed with it.

I am doing the side quests though that dont require to much effort and getting a load of experience from that. At the beginning of the game I did really enjoy doing the side quests but I am now finding them repetitive and tiresome

Yeah, that's what happened to me. They became too tiresome and far too many were popping up. My OCD wouldn't let any of them go either. A lot of them start off as automatically rewarding you once you finished them but eventually more and more of them required you to go back and hand the quest back in. It got really annoying.

Been playing it tonight. Currently level 47 on the snowy mountain. 67 hours play through so far.

Actually it would be great if I could play this game on the gamepad...

Been playing it tonight. Currently level 47 on the snowy mountain. 67 hours play through so far.

Actually it would be great if I could play this game on the gamepad...

You can, you just need to use another pad with it. It looks great on the gamepad as well.

You can, you just need to use another pad with it. It looks great on the gamepad as well.

I know. Would just have been decent if I could control the game using the pad.

I know. Would just have been decent if I could control the game using the pad.

Agreed.

Still, I love being able to play Wii games on the Gamepad, even if it is a bit fiddly.

I would like to try the Souls games at some point though.
You should jump straight into Dark Souls II, I reckon you'd love it. :)

It's got the same clunky but strategic gameplay that Monster Hunter has. You need to keep an eye on your stamina and health at all times, get too greedy with your attacks and it's game over. :hehe:

Just like MH it's very challenging, but also a lot of fun.

With Flinky finishing it and lostmario and Blade playing it, I think its time to try again.

image_zpsdb57d8a0.jpg

Third time lucky and screw all of you for making me want to attempt it....AGAIN!

With Flinky finishing it and lostmario and Blade playing it, I think its time to try again.

image_zpsdb57d8a0.jpg

Third time lucky and screw all of you for making me want to attempt it....AGAIN!

Starting from the very begining?! :o Weren't you like 30 or so hours into the game already? :hmm:

Anyway, good luck. Hopefully it is 3rd time lucky. :)

nFSebim.gif?1

Just had a fantastic 2 hours on this, cleared the mining area which had so many epic moments. The teases of what is still to come, oh my. Going to do a few side quests tomorrow before I advance any further. Glad I got this, going to keep me busy until Mario Kart.

Just had a fantastic 2 hours on this, cleared the mining area which had so many epic moments. The teases of what is still to come, oh my. Going to do a few side quests tomorrow before I advance any further. Glad I got this, going to keep me busy until Mario Kart.

It's reyt good int it!!!

Im enjoying it myself at the moment.

Starting from the very begining?! :o Weren't you like 30 or so hours into the game already? :hmm:

Anyway, good luck. Hopefully it is 3rd time lucky. :)

Yeah, I was about 40 hours into the first time and 20 hours into it the second time. I can't just pick a game up after leaving it for so long and start from where I left off, especially when it comes to JRPGs.

I thought you weren't a fan of the JRPG genre? Good to see you enjoying it though.

I spent most of my game time yesterday just doing the sidequests and not really moving the story forward much. Playing it on the gamepad and having the footy on in the background, while doing the sidequests, is a perfect fit. I think I cleared all of them out that I could, so tonight I will progress the story a little.

Here's my setup and progress at the moment.

image_zpsc3837ee1.jpg

image_zpsc121b866.jpg

Not bad at all. 4 hours in and already level 14. It does help that I have played the first third of the game 3 times now. :D

Now I want to play it. Want to try it out on the Gamepad but can't think of a good way to have it set up comfortably.

I just started Dragon Warrior VII as well though...

I thought you weren't a fan of the JRPG genre? Good to see you enjoying it though.

Not a fan at all, obviously with the bargain deal and people on here going on about it, I had to give it a go. Will be putting in another couple of hours tonight, hopefully clear most of Colony 9 side quests.