NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Xenoblade Chronicles Official Thread

I'm at the point now where I quit the game the first time around ( Eryth Sea ) and I can remember why I quit now. This area is freaking huge but unlike the Gaur Plains there is nothing to do while you try to uncover the map. I've spent the last half hour just swimming in a massive sea. It's just big for the sake of being big and nothing else. So frustrating!

Thank you for giving me my laugh of the night. :laughing:

I didn't even bother swimming in the sea until after I'd reached the next location. Use the platforms/transporters, brah. I thought it was pretty obvious...it is at the end of the pathway/beach, after all.

Don't give up, because imo it really kicks on from here. Loveeee the next location you get to. :D

I just can't play the game with the Japanese voices, it seems so weird with them...Also, the English voices are pretty good, nothing wrong with those. It's like two different games really!

@Hero\-of\-Time Well it's called the Eryth Sea for a reason, eh? That's what seas are, just huge puddles of nothing but water! (although there are some islands there too I remember)

I just can't play the game with the Japanese voices, it seems so weird with them...Also, the English voices are pretty good, nothing wrong with those. It's like two different games really!

@Hero\-of\-Time Well it's called the Eryth Sea for a reason, eh? That's what seas are, just huge puddles of nothing but water! (although there are some islands there too I remember)

They could have at least given me a boat or an ether powered jet ski! :D

Still in the Eryth Sea area, although I did progress the story a little and I'm now officially the furthest I've ever been in the game.

I had an off and on again session yesterday as I had to work through 50+ sidequests. I've still got a few more to do ( more kept freaking unlocking ) and then I will get back to moving the story forward.

I fear for an boss that comes my way. After doing all these quests I'm über powerful. Currently sitting at level 48. :D

Still in the Eryth Sea area, although I did progress the story a little and I'm now officially the furthest I've ever been in the game.

I had an off and on again session yesterday as I had to work through 50+ sidequests. I've still got a few more to do ( more kept freaking unlocking ) and then I will get back to moving the story forward.

I fear for an boss that comes my way. After doing all these quests I'm über powerful. Currently sitting at level 48. :D

Maybe ease off on the sidequests a little? In case you feel a bit bored or burnt out. I know I'd have enjoyed the game less if I spent that much time sidequesting.

Either way, I'm happy to see you persevering with it. :D

Reyn time, motherfucker.

Maybe ease off on the sidequests a little? In case you feel a bit bored or burnt out. I know I'd have enjoyed the game less if I spent that much time sidequesting.

Either way, I'm happy to see you persevering with it. :D

Reyn time, motherfucker.

Nah, I prefer to do them in bulk as it works out better they way. It's like yesterday, as I was doing one quest I actually had several being completed as I was an area with collectibles, different enemies and drops that I needed. Had I done them seperately I would have needed to go back to that island again.

I have been taking breaks between them though, if that's what you meant. I was doing a few quests then watching some TV or playing on the XBOne, before going back on it. Rinse and repeat.

The respawning trick for the collectibles and enemies works like a charm which has made it less frustrating.

The exp is really making a difference though. I'm doing quests where enemies just can't hit me, they constantly miss. In fact, as I'm typing this I'm fighting a battle with a unique beast and I've just ran close to it and just let the automatic attack take care of business. :)

Nah, I prefer to do them in bulk as it works out better they way. It's like yesterday, as I was doing one quest I actually had several being completed as I was an area with collectibles, different enemies and drops that I needed. Had I done them seperately I would have needed to go back to that island again.

I have been taking breaks between them though, if that's what you meant. I was doing a few quests then watching some TV or playing on the XBOne, before going back on it. Rinse and repeat.

The respawning trick for the collectibles and enemies works like a charm which has made it less frustrating.

The exp is really making a difference though. I'm doing quests where enemies just can't hit me, they constantly miss. In fact, as I'm typing this I'm fighting a battle with a unique beast and I've just ran close to it and just let the automatic attack take care of business. :)

Ahhh, phew. I had images of you attempting to do the whole lot in one go.

"Yaay, quest completed...49 to go, huhuhu. :'("

I really, really, REEEEEALLLY wish that this game could be run off the GamePad in its entirety. Not just the ability to stream the picture, but being able to use the controls on the pad, too. I would have swarmed over those sidequests like an army of blood-hungry Nopons. Playing this whilst watching Match of the Day, hnnngggg.

I know it's not ideal but having the game streaming on the gamepad has made the sidequests easier to digest. As you said, playing this while having MOTD on is a win. :D

Not far behind you, just started doing the Eryth Sea side quests. Currently Level 43.

Done about 30 Frontier Village side quests, no more are appearing for me to do and I aint going looking for them so I'm done with that area! :yay:

Ah the nostalgia, the nostalgia.

I commed anyone going through this game alone!

Ah the nostalgia, the nostalgia.

I commed anyone going through this game alone!

I'm not alone. I have lostmario and possibly Blade playing alongside me :)

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Lostmario and Blade will no doubt have no idea about this tune but I thought it fit the moment nicely.

I cleared all the quests I could find and then finally moved the story forward. I fought the next major boss which was stupidly easy due to my over levelling (level 50) and pushed on to the next bit of story. Things are looking interesting and it all looks to be kicking off soon as my next destination is Prison Island. I'll finally get to see the events off Shulks vision!

I've been playing it with the Arsenal match on in the background but Liverpool is on soon and will need to switch the game off to give the match my full attention. That and I need to bite away my fingernails to nothing so I wouldn't be able to hold the pad anyway. :D

If you reach the end scene on Prison Island you better be listening to the music playing in the background.

One of the best pieces in the game!

If you reach the end scene on Prison Island you better be listening to the music playing in the background.

One of the best pieces in the game!

All the music in the game has been great so far.

Yesterday, I was doing a sidequest in the Eryth Sea area. I had to fight a UM but it only appeared at night and only during a shooting star shower. The music that plays in the area, along with the whole setting I just described, was just magical. I just say there for a bit taking it all in before heading for the fight.

All the music in the game has been great so far.

Yesterday, I was doing a sidequest in the Eryth Sea area. I had to fight a UM but it only appeared at night and only during a shooting star shower. The music that plays in the area, along with the whole setting I just described, was just magical. I just say there for a bit taking it all in before heading for the fight.

Aye. The music in this game is so special.

It's mindblowing actually. There's not just 5 or 6 good tracks. There's about 20 or 30. The amount of time, effort and care that went into the soundtrack alone is astounding. It really makes a difference, too.

Aye. The music in this game is so special.

It's mindblowing actually. There's not just 5 or 6 good tracks. There's about 20 or 30. The amount of time, effort and care that went into the soundtrack alone is astounding. It really makes a difference, too.

It's one of the many reasons I love the JRPG genre. Most of the time the music in these types of games is amazing and memorable.

I'm now at Sword Valley but compared to @Hero\-of\-Time I think I am really under levelled. Im at level 51.

Brilliant game though. Still amazes me how big it is!

After slogging through all the sidequests I was gifted with a fantastic cutscene/event at Prison Island.

I knew it! I remember saying to my mate back when this first got released that I think Fiora would still be kicking about some how. I also figured they would be Homs involved with mechs when the Monando couldn't cut those with faces. I take it metal face is that dude at the start of the game who ran away from the battle. I can't remember what he's called now.

All of this is actually spoiled/let on if you do the sidequests. There's a girl at Colony 9 called Desiree and she mentions how her father was killed in the battle at the start of the game. She said he used to use a massive hammer and his name was Xord. Yup, that's the guy you are fighting in the Ether Mines.

70 odd hours in, level 69...

The shit just hit the fan, the Bionis is awake, Zanza is kicking about in some angel form with two Monado's, Dickson and Alves have finally revealed their true allegiances, Shulk is somehow still kicking despite Zanza leaving his body (where's he come from if he was dead before and his body was a corpse just being used as a vessel?) and I've just fought off the Telethia outside Colony 6.

This game is incredible, however if I don't stop playing for a while then I'm more than likely going to fail my degree, but for some reason writing a dissertation about the technological advances throughout the history of the newspaper industry and if the Guardian newspaper has a future as a print based publication really doesn't seem all that interesting when I have this to play. :heh:

Edited by Eddage

43 hours in, level 53 and just reached Valak Mountain.

I had a good session on this tonight, with me clearing a bunch of sidequests, levelling up Colony 6 a little more and completing the collectapedia up until the new area. I still have a bunch of quests to do but that will require me to delve into the Valak region.

I've really hit my stride with the game. I'm away this weekend and I'm trying to get as much as I can done during the week. I'm hoping my break away from the game won't kill my momentum.

43 hours in, level 53 and just reached Valak Mountain.

I had a good session on this tonight, with me clearing a bunch of sidequests, levelling up Colony 6 a little more and completing the collectapedia up until the new area. I still have a bunch of quests to do but that will require me to delve into the Valak region.

I've really hit my stride with the game. I'm away this weekend and I'm trying to get as much as I can done during the week. I'm hoping my break away from the game won't kill my momentum.

Valak Mountain is such an awesome location. That soundtrack is so haunting, too. Even better at night. :D

Did prison island last night. Fantastic, can this game get any better?

So many twists in the story and such great characters, this game... wow.

Going to do a few more side quests and rebuild colony 6 a bit more then off I go again.

Currently level 45 after 40 hours play.

Just been walking around Valak Mountain and found some Large Handcuffs. Time for some alone time with Tits McGee.

EDIT:

I just had the cutscene and battle with Mumkar. I was right again. I knew it was him!

That cutscene was freaking awesome. Dunban going all BA on Mumkar and just generally bossing again. Loved it!

On to Sword Valley, although I need to tidy up a few sidequests first.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Just been walking around Valak Mountain and found some Large Handcuffs. Time for some alone time with Tits McGee.

I take it you mean Sharla, right? :yay:

She's got a banging rack. Fuck. Melia is decent, too. That other one ain't bad neither.

Game rooooocks.

It pains me to say it, but this game's score is like a gazillion times better than Skyward Sword's.

Let's hope the next console Zelda will do the franchise more justice when it comes to an epic orchestral score.

I'd say this game puts Zeldas to shame on every level. It's damn impressive and the mere scale and beauty of the world made my jaw drop on multiple occasions. Best single player game on the Wii, hands down.