NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Xenoblade Chronicles Official Thread

So I was inspired by all the amazing Gifs over at NeoGaf that I decided I wanted to make my own, since me and the friend I went through Xenoblade with have amazing ideas.

However, I kind of suck at using GIMP to alter the Gif in amazing ways (which is to be expected as I've only just started doing it) but I have mastered turning a video into a Gif which could be used to convey an emotion etc.

The following Gif took me quite some time because I had no idea how to put the text on all the 'layers' so I had to do it all manually....

Courtesy goes to my Belgian Buddy who came up with the gag.

noponintended.gif

Fuuuuck meeeeeeee. As amazing as this game is, it is so fucking infuriating in places.

I've been spending TWO HOURS looking for a despair clover. I've found one and am trying to find another. I've been to Eryth Sea multiple times, I've constantly skipped forward between night and day, I've scoured the net for help.

It's not fun now. Trying to find ONE item so you can do a Colony 6 quest. Meh. Played it for hours this weekend and was loving it, but this pisses me off. I hope Monolith can think of a better system in the future rather than the "herp derp, it's random!1" shit we have now.

I don't think it's completely random, though I could be wrong. I remember spending ages searching for one particular rare item up and down Valak Mountain, but then found one little narrow mountain path I'd never been up before and it was one of first items I picked up along the way. So maybe the rarer items show up more often in certain places.

I like the Colony 6 stuff - it's supposed to be hard :p It reminds me of the rebuilding Luin stuff in Tales of Symphonia - which I loved - but you actually feel like you're putting effort in because you're searching for specific things rather than just saving up cash.

Fuuuuck meeeeeeee. As amazing as this game is, it is so fucking infuriating in places.

I've been spending TWO HOURS looking for a despair clover. I've found one and am trying to find another. I've been to Eryth Sea multiple times, I've constantly skipped forward between night and day, I've scoured the net for help.

It's not fun now. Trying to find ONE item so you can do a Colony 6 quest. Meh. Played it for hours this weekend and was loving it, but this pisses me off. I hope Monolith can think of a better system in the future rather than the "herp derp, it's random!1" shit we have now.

I never found this part infuriating, for the simple fact I never bothered doing the Colony 6 quests... I just didn't cre about them and I wanted to progress the story far too much!

I don't think it's completely random, though I could be wrong. I remember spending ages searching for one particular rare item up and down Valak Mountain, but then found one little narrow mountain path I'd never been up before and it was one of first items I picked up along the way. So maybe the rarer items show up more often in certain places.

I like the Colony 6 stuff - it's supposed to be hard :p It reminds me of the rebuilding Luin stuff in Tales of Symphonia - which I loved - but you actually feel like you're putting effort in because you're searching for specific things rather than just saving up cash.

If it's not completely random, then it's something else that is possibly worse. Ine can vouch for this as she's been watching me play. I've also been battling certain Nebulas looking for items (for another Colony 6 quest) and all I'm getting is Element Chunk after chunk. The game is already long and it's just making it longer and very repetitive. I find this tactic very cheap and it's ruining an otherwise excellent game.

I can understand the Colony 6 stuff being hard, but I don't like cheap, which is what this is. There's nothing fun or rewarding about having to warp to certain areas over and over for HOURS in the hope that you might find one measly item. Worse still, I've already got one, so if it is so rare, why make an already difficult task longer by requesting two?

Meh, I just find this totally out of place and unfair. I'd rather have a more difficult enemy to kill and get the item everytime, or maybe a more difficult to reach place and find the item there. For this particular item, it's not fair and there have been others like it in the game.

Anyway, I've turned it off and am pissed off that I wasted my Sunday afternoon doing all of that for nothing. :mad:

Yeah, I noticed Jim getting very frustrated when trying to get that item. See, if that was me, I would just try and do something else for a while. =P

Also, preventing automerge. =P

Right, well after rage quitting, I decided to go back on and have another go. (literally, about 2 minutes later)

Found everything I was looking for first time.

Marty-McFly-What.gif

tumblr_mi1mtbOJqE1rqfhi2o1_250.gif

Close to tears, guys. Close to tears.

Sounds like a reason to ragequit for the opposite of last time.

And awesome willpower there :wink:

I commend people for going through this game alone.

Edited by Fused King

I thought I'd play a little bit today and explore for a while.

8 hours and 47 minutes later, I've turned the game off so I can eat my tea.

:heart: Dis game. I've got a 96 hour play time, so far.

Can't remember how many hours I put in this BEAUTY of a game...prolly 300+ (I played through it twice :heh:)

So have you still not finished the game Flinky? Where are you storywise now?

Ive yet to finish it too. Such a brilliant game though. Ive just got too many games to get through!

I've yet to finish this either. Twice now I've reached Eryth Sea area and both times I stopped playing it there due to the size of that region. I REALLY want to finish it and with the Gamepad being able to play Wii games I may start it soon, especially as once Mario is done I have nothing left to play in the Wii U.

Funny this got bumped yesterday as I was just listening to the soundtrack an hour before the bump. :)

I've yet to finish this either. Twice now I've reached Eryth Sea area and both times I stopped playing it there due to the size of that region. I REALLY want to finish it and with the Gamepad being able to play Wii games I may start it soon, especially as once Mario is done I have nothing left to play in the Wii U.

Funny this got bumped yesterday as I was just listening to the soundtrack an hour before the bump. :)

Thats exactly where I am in the game. Swimming around haha.

I'm 100 hours in and still discovering new areas and regions/places.

Crazy game. So much to do.

One day I will go back and find the key to open that secluded church-looking building on Valak Mountain.

More of this bollocks.

Been having a great time trying to raise the affinity of Colony 9. I'm doing some Colony 6 quests and...this one in particular is stupid. Trying to find a fortune feather.

I've built the tower and I've been told the feather can be found around it. I've tried for aaaages to find it. I've flicked back and forth between day and night, reset the game, done everything. Proper pot luck this is. My least favourite aspect of the game and it turns it into a grind rather than making it an enjoyable quest.

Edit: One Hour Later and STILL no fortune feather. Terrible, dreadful, shit, piss poor, reliant on luck and unfair game design. Tempted to ditch the Colony 6 quest and not to bother with it again.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Braaaahs, I've built all the shit in Colony 6. I spent houuuurs on there on Sunday because I pulled a back muscle and couldn't exercise. Don't think I moved all day. It was glorious.

I've also reached:

THE POINT OF NO RETURN

Fuuuuck, I'm almost there. Now, I'm stuck in two minds. Part of me wants to finish it, but part of me wants to go and do pretty much everything else. At least, complete Colony 6.

This is probably in my Top 5 all-time favourite games now. Twilight Princess is there, as is Ocarina of Time...and this belongs there, too. What a game. I've spent so much time on it. The scary thing is that I'm still discovering new landmarks and shit...wow.

Edit: Looool at the post above (also by me). I found the Fortune Feather on Sunday and almost screamed the fucking house down. It was one of the last items I needed to rebuild Colony 6. It was better than getting the Master Sword. Fucking feathers.

I've done it. Finally. :o

121 Hours Later...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful game. Perfect characters, perfect music, perfect story, perfect battle system. It's sublime.

Dare I say it...the best game I've ever played. It's very overwhelming. I found an entirely new (secret) area during my final few hours of the game...the Colony 6 quest where you throw the cap into the waterfall. So beautiful.

Not sure what to do with my life now.

Congrats. :)

New Game+? :p

Congrats. :)

New Game+? :p

Good lord, I haven't got the energy...

I may try...THE METROID PRIME TRILOGY. Oh my.

Amen @Fierce_LiNk

I cri, evrytiem.

Well done Flinky, enjoyed reading your updates as you played the game.

As for what to do now?... Wait for X :D

121 Hours Later...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful game. Perfect characters, perfect music, perfect story, perfect battle system. It's sublime.

Dare I say it...the best game I've ever played. It's very overwhelming. I found an entirely new (secret) area during my final few hours of the game...the Colony 6 quest where you throw the cap into the waterfall. So beautiful.

It's funny that as good as the game is people have been discounting it as a new IP released under Nintendo simply because it's "too Japanese".

Please note I know Nintendo didn't develop this but given it's an exclusive seeing as MonolithSoft are 2nd Party, it's fair to say it's released under Nintendo's banner.