NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Xenoblade Chronicles Official Thread

I've been wanting to get into this again recently but I haven't felt I've had the time for it yet :hmm: There's also the fact that I was stuck trying to defeat a boss the last time I played it and I'm not particularly enthusiastic about attempting that after being away from the game for ages.. even if it is quite early on :indeed:

I've been wanting to get into this again recently but I haven't felt I've had the time for it yet :hmm: There's also the fact that I was stuck trying to defeat a boss the last time I played it and I'm not particularly enthusiastic about attempting that after being away from the game for ages.. even if it is quite early on :indeed:

Where are you exactly?

Where are you exactly?

I'll put it on today or tomorrow and let you know. I had played for around 10 hours, I think..

EDIT It turns out I'm at the storage unit in Ether Mines, @Fierce_LiNk, and I'm struggling against a few Mechon, not even a boss :hmm:

EDIT 2 OK.. I beat it this afternoon, thankfully :hehe: I fell in battle but got revived, somehow, and managed to win the fight :grin: I must suck at the combat, though..

Edited by nekunando

Im also still playing through it. Ive had it since launch but have not rushed through it. I think its fantastic. Im currently doing the tomb task.

I fell in battle but got revived, somehow

It's because you'd filled up the party gauge by using attacks correctly. Each revival costs one segment of the party gauge. During difficult battles, it can be worth saving them for reviving characters rather than using them for chain attacks.

Ive not yet understood chain attacks. How do i link them together and get more than 1?

You need to press B when the on-screen prompt appears, but it's random when it does. You can increase the chances of it happening by increasing the affinity between the characters, though.

My friend has lent me this game. I've played about 2.5 hours just entered some cave. I can't decide whether I like it or not. I'm in the mood for an RPG so I guess that's why I'm some what liking it but there's a few things doing my head in.

Voice Acting: It's bloody awful, the script doesn't help either. "Man, what a bunch of jokers" is something I expect to hear some chavs say outside Happy Shopper, not after I've defeated a monster.

Looks too much like Final Fantasy XII, not really a good thing as that came out 4 years before on a weaker machine. So many jaggys doing my eyes.

One thing I do like is the amount of side quests, but it's taken me a while to realise I didn't have to hand them in (or do I?). The map could do with some work if I'm doing it wrong.

I'll give it a few more hours tomorrow to see if it can win me over.

Edited by Ramar

My friend has lent me this game. I've played about 2.5 hours just entered some cave. I can't decide whether I like it or not. I'm in the mood for an RPG so I guess that's why I'm some what liking it but there's a few things doing my head in.

Voice Acting: It's bloody awful, the script doesn't help either. "Man, what a bunch of jokers" is something I expect to hear some chavs say outside Happy Shopper, not after I've defeated a monster.

Looks too much like Final Fantasy XII, not really a good thing as that came out 4 years before on a weaker machine. So many jaggys doing my eyes.

One thing I do like is the amount of side quests, but it's taken me a while to realise I didn't have to hand them in (or do I?). The map could do with some work if I'm doing it wrong.

I'll give it a few more hours tomorrow to see if it can win me over.

The voice work is hilarious, imo. Reyn makes this game. I have no idea why they gave him THAT particular voice, but it works. Every line makes me :laughing:.

The voice acting is awesome and you will grow to love it or die trying.

You need to play until you get to the next area in the game, as that's when you really start to realize how impressive the scope of the game is.

Yeah - it's out of the cave and into the light for sure. The Voice acting is great IMO. Then again, I'm not used to hearing southern chavs - just Geordie ones.

And if it was Northern it could have been MUCH worse lol.

Reyn started off as a bit of a meathead but he has some really nice character development, which is reflected in the voice acting (I guess his VA got more comfortable in the role by the time they'd got to record the later dialogue).

As per your advice I gave the game a second chance this evening.

Just got the Monado and Fiora died.

Think the game is starting to win me over.

The voices still annoy me though. :P

Dunban is boss.

Dunban + Reyn + Sharla = win.

You're almost right.

Shulk + Reyn + Sharla = Win

You're almost right.

Pssh, now who needs Shulk? I mean after I found the awesome combination of DRS, Shulk was sent to the benchwarming section permanently. Dunban is a way more useful fighter in my book... : D

You're almost right.

Thats my combination. Although I do feel guilty leaving the other folk out.

I used everyone in all possible combinations.

Have to get that affinity up somehow.

I used everyone in all possible combinations.

Have to get that affinity up somehow.

There's a little trick to getting perfect affinity between all characters.

There's a little trick to getting perfect affinity between all characters.

Please go on...

You'll need to be around level 87 or higher but go to Eryth Sea and go to the south of this map.

erythsea.jpg

See the Kromar, level 87 Stormy Belagon. Cross the bridge. It's not the 1st band of Kromar after the bridge, it's the last 3. There's 1 in particular that deflates your characters ego, encourage your characters during this battle. Save, reset the game and wash, rinse, repeat. It's a bit of a grind but it's the quickest path I found to perfect affinity.

He lost me around this part:

Citizen Kane was always revered as a classic of American cinema. In fact, it would only achieve recognition more than ten years after its release, when it would be reevaluated. Similarly, The Great Gatsby would see this trend of delayed reverence as well.
Edited by Magnus