Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

X-Men Mafia II Game Thread

Paj!

Well done guys.

Loved all the story and roles etc. of this game but unfortunately, inactivity and long delays killed it.

So frustrating now knowing that I was being controlled to kill. I never thought of my character as "armoured", and by the time it came around to my lynch, there were enough mafia and enough inactives for them to have a real influence on it. First time I've ever been lynched as a townie. THANKS GUYS.

I was so sure at that point that herojan, Diageo and Dannyboy were mafia. Was unsure about ReZ/could slightly tell he was trying to win me over by saying he had a good investigation on me, and Marcamillian was so inactive it was hard to tell anything about him.

So Peeps, you were Cyclops and had ReZ talking to you the whole time?

Look again, I killed you before you got officially lynched ;P

Yeah that's why I was very against voting for ReZ. He's really good at fake roles and no matter how many theories I had for him being evil, I could find an explanation for each one. I wanted to be faithful for once :laughing: NEVER AGAIN!

Sorry Rummy :(

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The X-Men

The Peeps IS Cyclops!

cyclops-1.jpg

Optic Blasts [Day Power] – Choose a target. You blast them into unconsciousness, rendering unable to take part in the battle anymore. (You kill them)

Psychic Rapport [Ability] – You can communicate with your great love, Jean Grey, out with the game thread, via PM.

Maddog IS Rogue!

rogue-1.jpg

Power Recycle [Night Power] – Choose two targets. You absorb a power from the first target and use it on the second target.

Chairdriver IS Iceman!

photo-17.jpg

Freeze [Night Power] – Choose a target. You freeze them solid for the night phase, stopping them from completing any actions they had planned, but also protecting them from being killed.

Nintendohnut IS Northstar!

northstar.jpg

Speedy Intercept [Night Power] – Choose a target. You protect them that night phase from all negative effects other than death.

Too Fast [Ability] – You cannot be roleblocked.

Jonnas IS Sage!

sage.jpg

Jumpstart Mutations [Day Power] – Choose a target. That target’s powers will be jumpstarted, meaning they can use their power twice, on two different targets in the coming night phase.

Rummy IS Rachel Grey!

photo-9.jpg

Former Hound [Night Power] – Choose a target. You follow them that night, finding out who they target. If the person you follow were to commit a violent act, you stop them from completing the act.

The Phoenix Force [Ability] – When you are lynched during the day phase, the person who places the hammer vote is incinerated by your psionic-cosmic flame.

Mr-Paul IS Psylocke!

psylocke.jpg

Psionic Shock [Night Power]– Choose a target. You fry their brain during the night, misdirecting them to a random target.

BONUS N.B - Of course as all know now from the start she was the puppet of ReZ...and I deliberately made her costume a rd herring - described as going into her armoured form when actually killing (as seen in the pic I posted when mr-paul died). That was purposely to confuse things for everyone. :P

Esequiel IS Dani Moonstar!

moonstar.jpg

Human Skills [Night Power]- Choose a target. You find out who targeted them in the same night phase.

Jayseven IS Cannonball!

photo-8.jpg

Blast-Off [Night Power] – Choose a target. You carry them away from any fatal attack, protected within your blast field.

EEVILMURRAY IS Karma!

karma.jpg

Possession [Night Power] – Choose a target. You may choose who that player targets this night phase.

Tales IS Cable!

cable.jpg

Militant [Night Power] – Choose a target. You hold them still with telekinesis while you shoot them with a pulse rifle. They die.

Ellmeister IS Domino!

domino.jpg

Reliable Source [Night Power] – Choose a target. You find out their alignment.

Lucky? [Ability] – When you would be killed during the night phase, a random other player dies in your place.

Cube IS Leech!

photo-10.jpg

Clingy [Night Power] – Choose a target. You follow that person around for the rest of the game, rendering them powerless [as long as you follow them] due to your own ability to nullify powers around you. When you would be targeted for anything but a kill, the person you’re clinging on to/following would take the hit instead. To change whom you follow, you must choose to stop following them in one night phase, before you can choose someone else the next night phase.

If chair drew the characters. Wasn't it unfair to have him in the game?

You deal with it. He drew others I didn't use, he didn't know who was who, or what powers people had. He is an X-men fan, he knows the characters inside out anyway and would have gleaned from the write-ups.

You deal with it. He drew others I didn't use, he didn't know who was who, or what powers people had.

That doesn't dispute the fact that one person who wasn't the game maker knew the entire roster of characters.

Just out of interest, how many characters that Chair drew were not used for this game?

He is an X-men fan, he knows the characters inside out anyway and would have gleaned from the write-ups.

So fucking what? Just because he's a fan of X-Men doesn't mean there wouldn't be any instances in the writeups that he may not have recognised a character as would any other X-Men fan here. Did ReZ know? He's a fan so you might as well let him know since he'd obviously be able to glean who was/not who.

Fuck it, let everyone know! those who don't know who that character is can research and then we'll all be of the same knowledge to keep this excuse of a mafia game fair.

Just because Chair likes X-Men doesn't give you an excuse for a massive display of unprofessionalism.

The fact is Chair wouldn't ruin a game by exploiting any info he would have prior to it starting. He's run and been in countless mafia games and really doesn't give a shit about winning or steering any game of mine in any direction that would be unfair. He'd rather see it play out anyway. He was just around mine the night I started planning it and I said it would be a joke for him to do X-Men pictures I'd use as characters for my game.

If it's scarred you so much I won't do it again.

Or consider it part of his role that knew the majority of characters that were featured. Whichever. I was tempted for my next game to have a list of every role type in the game at the start, just because. May as well experiment/have a lel.

Paj; don't worry what others say. The write-ups were interesting and it was a good roster of roles, just the length of time the game took really took it out of people is all. It's happened to many games, don't feel bad.

Did you just jump over the entire conversation?

Yeah because paj makes a good point. On the face of it you guys are arguing about the pseudo-legality of chair knowing some/all characters, however in reality paj knows chair as a person, and as such it's not completely black-and-white nor completely fair to say that chair had an advantage.

Chair didn't win so, ultimately, advantage is lost.

Essentially, the discourse I leaped over is pretty much irrelevant. What I mentioned is something that I think can be claimed to be something that actually altered the outcome of the game.

Well, chair would've been able to catch somebody claiming a false character, but it means nothing. Townies can also lie about their character, after all.

And ultimately, the character is irrelevant. Characters don't necessarily coincide with roles/alignment. I suppose it would've given chair the ability to infer more from the write-up, but like Paj said, he is an X-Men fan. Even ReZ would be able to do this.

And ultimately, chair isn't the type of person to cheat, or be disloyal to the spirit of the game.

Basically, too many layers to go through before this can be considered "cheating". Even more so, with other problems plaguing this game (mostly the slow/dragged out pace)

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!