NEurope
Dyson

The Music Thread

Currently enjoying Spotify Premium for a free months trial. :) I forgot how immense it is to have when you don't have a 10 hour a month cap. I have been using it endlessly, it's all so streamlined now. :D What with the new apps feature. I have last.fm incoporated into it so any recommendations or recently played tracks you can instantly play from there and also the pitchfork app which enables to listen to new albums if you like the sound of them. :yay:

I wish I had money to keep it up or even unlimited.

Currently enjoying Spotify Premium for a free months trial. :) I forgot how immense it is to have when you don't have a 10 hour a month cap. I have been using it endlessly, it's all so streamlined now. :D What with the new apps feature. I have last.fm incoporated into it so any recommendations or recently played tracks you can instantly play from there and also the pitchfork app which enables to listen to new albums if you like the sound of them. :yay:

I wish I had money to keep it up or even unlimited.

I lurve Spotify Premium!

?10 a month is such good value for money especially when you can create the playlists and use them on your phone!

I like it so I can listen to music that I never owned from years ago, or if a new album comes out and I'm not sure whether or not to buy it (example, Emeli Sande).

It's great! Think I will always have my premium membership for it as I use it a hell of a lot. :D

Until Spotify proves it has everything I want to listen to, I refuse to even entertain the idea that it could replace my itunes collection. Too many greyed out albums/tracks.

New Sleigh Bells album out on the 21st of February. I hadn't realised it was back in 2010 that they released their first album... I guess it doesn't feel like that long ago if you're still playing the tracks regularly :)

I love Sleigh Bells... they're just pure, unfiltered noise. Hits all the right spots for me.

Until Spotify proves it has everything I want to listen to, I refuse to even entertain the idea that it could replace my itunes collection. Too many greyed out albums/tracks.

premium, however, rocks it hard on mobile. Tonnes of choice for popping on to my phone and heading to and fro from work.

New Sleigh Bells album out on the 21st of February. I hadn't realised it was back in 2010 that they released their first album... I guess it doesn't feel like that long ago if you're still playing the tracks regularly :)

I love Sleigh Bells... they're just pure, unfiltered noise. Hits all the right spots for me.

I only discovered these recently so this news is awesome to me.

What I have been listening to recently:

The Awesomesauce:

tumblr_lzg95wrTiS1r70ow9o1_500.jpg

tumblr_lzhsm0SnWS1r70ow9o1_500.jpg

tumblr_lzj6nrProh1r70ow9o1_500.jpg

tumblr_lzjq4tBJln1r70ow9o1_r1_500.jpg

CD-DVD-Labels-Design-The-Yeah-Yeah-Yeah%E2%80%99s-%E2%80%93-It%E2%80%99s-Blitz.jpg

The Averagesauce:

tumblr_lzge1cFuHu1r70ow9o1_r1_500.jpg

tumblr_lzgureMz3s1r70ow9o1_r3_500.jpg

tumblr_lzhpvx0ze21r70ow9o1_500.jpg

tumblr_lzihad24bd1r70ow9o1_500.jpg

tumblr_lzjrsviZUA1r70ow9o1_500.jpg

The Asininesauce:

tumblr_lzidpphH9O1r70ow9o1_500.jpg

tumblr_lzjwesWZNc1r70ow9o1_500.png

:grin:

I decided to brave the Spotify "Top Tracks" playlist...while most of it was dreadful (especially that Twilight song), one of them surprised me. The track at number 1: Somebody That I Used To Know.

I was surprised...A good song at the top of the list.

Also, in response to Paj!'s statement about Spotify: Any tracks that I've had to buy of iTunes (which is mainly the SOCOM 4 soundtrack) or from anywhere else on your PC can be put into Spotify and can by sycned over WiFi to mobile devices (with Premium).

The track at number 1: Somebody That I Used To Know.

I was surprised...A good song at the top of the list.

How strange, I came in here to post my love for the song, and how it's suddenly doing so well. How did it suddenly become so popular when it came out in what, July?

Also: Spotify Premium is very, very nearly as good as sex. Fact.

How strange, I came in here to post my love for the song, and how it's suddenly doing so well. How did it suddenly become so popular when it came out in what, July?

Just did some research. This is why it's now popular:

^ Is it? I've only seen one person post that on facebook, and it was in response to my own sharing of the original video.

Or do you mean that the song started getting attention because they picked it up? Maybs. Hamishmash said Gotye was number 1 ages ago in Australia.

You guys/ the UK are so behind the times. =P

I posted Gotye songs on here ages ago, with his first album in 2009. No one cared. Posted 'Somebody that I used to know' in August, no reaction either. =P

I had no idea it was so popular either!

I just know that my Norweigen and Danish friends are completely in love & addicted to the song. I really like it -- (just heard it for the first time) -- that video posted is great too. Everything feels really essential & I like how all 5 members have that feeling of worth & being characters.

Mumbles something about my recent Bon Iver obsession.

Btw -- @Paj\! -- get LastFM instead, it's free and I love it.

fun-album.jpg

Released today!

USE ALL THE GIFS!!!

I'll go back to my corner.

I'd rather have listened to Adele talk for 10mins than that terrible rendition of Girls and Boys! #Brits

Rihanna FTW!

Adele, Florence, Ed Sheran were great aswell.

Infact everyone who performed tonight was great!

And James Corden did another great job as host.

Infact everyone who performed tonight was great!

Olly Murs... :confused:

:laughing:

The only exception!

Olly Murs... :confused:

:laughing:

The only exception!

Felt a bit sorry for Olly Murrs, because whether it was his decision, or the BRITS dues to time limits, it was a sped up version of that song and maybe that's what threw him a bit?... because he can actually sing live really well/confidently! Could have just been the occasion.

Oh no that's another one I want to buy!

Next month I need

Sleigh Bells

Sinead O' Connor

Madonna

Die Antwoord

'Ow' says my wallet.

Next month I need

Sleigh Bells

Sinead O' Connor

Madonna

Die Antwoord

'Ow' says my wallet.

I'm loving my new Spotify life for a quarter of the cost, aren't I?

Next month I need

Sleigh Bells

Sinead O' Connor

Madonna

Die Antwoord

'Ow' says my wallet.

I'm loving my new Spotify life for a quarter of the cost, aren't I?

If only someone thought of a way of getting music on the cheap...

I refuse to listen to music I want to own on Spotify, unless it's individual songs. It dirties me. If I feel they deserve my money, the artists will get it eventually. And I wish to hold something.

To have and not to hold is the absolute worst.

Yeah I'm not fussed on Spotify either. If there's something I want, I will...obtain it through the internets and if I really like the artist, I'll buy the vinyl.