NEurope
Frank

Friendship vs. Boy/Girlfriend

Hey, just because you're desperate... :p

Haha! Not really. I'd certainly perk up if a bird gave me some attention, but that wouldn't necessarily mean I was snared; though maybe for a lay (but even that obviously depends on what she's like).

Either way, guys are easy to "snare" in comparison to girls, or at least a much larger amount are.

wrong-mike.jpg

I stand by my point. Anyway, it wouldn't have been me doing anything wrong :heh:

I've sometimes wished that my best friend and I were both gay, because I don't think I've ever felt this close to anyone before (perhaps with the exception of my parents, but that's a different story). We have such an amazing relationship, and if it wasn't for our incompatible sexual orientations, I'm pretty sure it could have developed into more than just a platonic one. We truly love each other.

I don't really know what that says/what I think about the original question, but I guess something about great platonic relationships and great romantic relationships not being all that different. Or something.

That's a bit of an exaggeration: s'pretty good, somewhat amazing, but in hindsight, over-rated.

Then you're either not doing it right or don't have much of a sex drive. ;)

Edit: damn, Dan beat me to it!

Then you're either not doing it right or don't have much of a sex drive. ;)

It's definately not the latter.

kurtle you spend far too much time posting on here, any wonder you don't get any :heh:

It would help if I knew where to start. Despite people's suggestions I still feel rather stuck.

I'd maybe agree that sex is over-rated. But not like.. in a conventional way. It feels liken you lust for it, and when it happens, it's: catpowerthegreatest.jpg and you have sex 3 or 4 times, and you lie, post-event, post-everything and it's kinda like: peggy+lee+is+that+all+there+is+copy.jpg. And you slink off and reanalyse your life and existence. And then 3/4/5 days later, you really want it again.

And then 3/4/5 days later, you really want it again.

I'm more of a 12-24 hours later man actually...

You know what I hate? Relationship comas. When people become so infatuated with one another they drop off the face of the earth (until the relationship falls apart, either permanently or temporarily, and then suddenly you hear from them again).

That's about the extent I can contribute to this :p So umm...if you enter a relationship don't forget about your friends. Its just rude!

What if your friends forget about you! Thats the majorly annoying part!

Either way, guys are easy to "snare" in comparison to girls, or at least a much larger amount are.

Well that problem is really easily remedied by hanging out with sex-positive feminists, and being interesting and enthusiastic about life.

Janet-Jackson-2009-American-music-awards.gif

I'm more of a 12-24 hours later man actually...

Put that in your online dating profile.

Just have sex with someone you love, then it's the best.

Orrr somebody who is hot.

OR BOTH!

I believe that friendship is the key to a relationship anyway. A relationship is basically the best kind of friendship you can have anyway, with the addition of intimacy and...more intimacy.

So, it's not really Friendship vs Boy/Girlfriend but Friendship vs Girlfriend + Friendship, I guess. :heh:

Both are important. It's great having close friends or even just friends who you might see every now and again. Combinations are important. But, having that closeness of somebody there nearby, it's almost unrivalled.

Put that in your online dating profile.

No ta; I'll just seem like a relationships about sex to me: it's not, at least, not majoritively.

I believe that friendship is the key to a relationship anyway. A relationship is basically the best kind of friendship you can have anyway, with the addition of intimacy and...more intimacy.

This is what I was trying to say on the previous page.

But why would I want that from one person when I can make it up from elements of many?

I think I just want to be a polygamist.

I think if people see a great big difference between friendships and relationships, then those people have been in the wrong sorts of relationships.

Part of the whole thing is that if you have really genuinely close friendships with people, then it can seem comparatively hard to start a relationship that compares to that sense of closeness... and thus not just be a fuck buddy.

I find a lot of the closet friendships I have are with girls, yet I'm coming round to the view that it's almost impossible to be genuinely close to someone of the other sex and there not be awkward tensions or feelings with that closeness, from one person or another. Which is a shame, in a way. And it's kind of a blurred line too, like, when you're really close friends with someone, is it just sex that separates the friends from the girl / boyfriends?

Whilst same-sex friendships are often overshadowed by competitiveness, even if it's not explicit. It's such a great thing to have genuinely close friends, all the same

Like Hamishmash said earlier, friendships are messy.

But they can be stunning, and just as important as relationships.

I find a lot of the closet friendships I have are with girls, yet I'm coming round to the view that it's almost impossible to be genuinely close to someone of the other sex and there not be awkward tensions or feelings with that closeness, from one person or another. Which is a shame, in a way. And it's kind of a blurred line too, like, when you're really close friends with someone, is it just sex that separates the friends from the girl / boyfriends?

About 95% of my friends are guys, but I think of them as awesome older brothers. Which makes me sound a bit juvenile/plain weird but...thinking that way seems to eliminate any awkward tension. Maybe it's different from the guy's POV of a guy-girl friendship?

I just get on with people regardless of gender. I honestly just get on with the person, as lame and PC as that sounds. However other people interpret it differently. Had a load of my male friends drunkenly assuming I wanted to sleep with all my female friends. And a few years ago I was accused of actually sleeping with all my female friends (who were in relationships).

About 95% of my friends are guys, but I think of them as awesome older brothers. Which makes me sound a bit juvenile/plain weird but...thinking that way seems to eliminate any awkward tension. Maybe it's different from the guy's POV of a guy-girl friendship?

Yeah that kind of works. I have a couple of female friends where it does seem a lot more like a siblingy thing. Make sure it just stays like that! Haha.

I don't really have female friends as it makes me feel weird.

Yeah same here.

Don't really feel like I can be myself.

I want to talk about rape and stuff.