NEurope
Shorty

The new anime and manga thread! [Use Spoiler Tags!]

^ well you weren't wrong! The latest episode of Naruto was amazing, I can scarcely believe it was from the same team that puts us through filler hell season after season.

One would hope that Naruto Shippuden canon episodes would be good (at the very least) when you consider the sheer number of fillers they pump out.

One Piece has a problem. I mean is it not embarrassing when it takes 3/4 minutes to cover 1/2 panels?

Before they used to have a good number of fillers between arcs, and you know what? I really enjoyed those. Meeting new characters, lots of good comedy and most importantly seeing the crew interact with each other in peaceful situations.

They should put in some fillers so that episodes provide some good story progression.

Both the anime and manga of Naruto this week were crazy good.

The Shingeki No Kyojin anime is about to get real damn good!

The wait between manga chapters is so painful though! Still, it's absolutely brilliant!

I figured I would just put this in here.

I'm so glad the PS3 is region free. I will probably have to import this as I can't see it being localised. :(

It looks like it will play kinda like the Naruto and Dragon Ball games, which is not a bad thing but it means it probably won't come close to touching the quality of the last big compilation game, Jump Ultimate Stars on DS, which was a Smash Bros mechanics type brawler with a unique "Koma" system which kept it pretty fresh.

Also, Ichigo from Bleach is already out of date :heh: I know most people have given up on Bleach these days, but this is Ichigo now...

ichigos-new-zangetsus.jpg

I would have preferred it to be a 2.5D fighter in the hopes that we would see another Super/Ultimate Star game but on a console this time. Like Shorty alluded to.

The game looks good though. What's the maximum number of players?

I just finished reading Molester Man, such a great story http://mangafox.me/manga/molester_man/ :D

It's about a loner guy who's one day mistaken for a stalker thus the title Molester Man, however he clears that up and gets close with the girl who thought was being stalked. A tale of love and friendship, it's really good and I can't recommend enough that everyone reads it. Don't let the title fool you into thinking it's some pervy story, there's none of that H fanservice stuff it's just all really well done. If you've read Onani Master Kurosawa well this is by the same artist.

I've also started watching FREE! and The World God Only Knows - Goddesses. They're both good light hearted shows

By the way, has the Gintama movie been translated yet? I so wanna watch it

Yeah! My "Rock the Dragon" edition of Dragon Ball Z set arrived today, pretty quick too! Very nostalgic. "Home for infinite losers"! :laughing:

Managed to watch Sakasama no Patema (translated as 'Patema Inverted', but not sure if that's the final title) at Annecy a few months ago and randomly remembered today.

Basically the world's gravity gets split in two (essentially) and there's an underworld and an overworld with opposite gravitational pulls. Two teens from either side meet up etc etc. The teens aren't too schmultzy and they don't go for the love angle, and the way they handle the interaction (as one is always upside down) is quite interesting. There are times when, towards the end and things come to a head, you're sat there trying to think what is 'up' and what is 'down', like some of the better aspects of Super Mario Galaxy.

Check it out if you can, although with a Japanese release of November lord knows when it's out here.

Man I'm really enjoying the Naruto manga right now.

So is this going to be the last story arc for Naruto? I cant see how all this can be topped.

Man I'm really enjoying the Naruto manga right now.

So is this going to be the last story arc for Naruto? I cant see how all this can be topped.

Indeed. Its been one epic chapter after the next.

Sage mode is back, bitches!

:D

Indeed. Its been one epic chapter after the next.

Sage mode is back, bitches!

:D

I'm just not feeling Naruto all that much any more. It just lacks something that it used to have in abundance. I've almost stopped caring. :(

Shingeki No Kyojin however, holy poopers is that awesome! I love how the story is progressing even though it still keeps everything close to its chest! It's awesome!

Read the latest chapter today - it is starting to hold everything too close when some things just need explaining!

Just finished Death Note. It was certainly watchable, and an interesting concept, but I didn't think it was anything special.

Death Note really fizzles out in the third arc. Did you read the manga by any chance? I liked it a lot more - they really smashed through the end arc in the anime series while the manga seemed a lot better paced and gave the newer characters a bit more time to develop.

Holy poop, episode 18 of Shingeki No Kyojin was badass!

Love the manga, love the anime. One of my favourites easily!

I never had read manga before. I didnt even knew what it was until the other week.

Ive been reading something that was recommended to me by a mate and its absolutely brilliant! Couldnt tell you what its called as I cant pronounce it nor spell it!

Apparently there is an anime of it too which I have yet to check out. Anime is basically a cartoon right?

Anyway what have I been doing all these years? Should have got into this earlier!

Death Note really fizzles out in the third arc. Did you read the manga by any chance? I liked it a lot more - they really smashed through the end arc in the anime series while the manga seemed a lot better paced and gave the newer characters a bit more time to develop.

No I've not read it.

Although the third arc was pretty rubbish, I'd say it went downhill since...

...Light turned himself in. Whilst the overlying story arc of him giving up his memories and getting them back was good, the actual episodes were pretty poor.

Aaaand, a month or two after the announcement that Knights of Sidonia is to be adapted into an anime, we finally get a preview.

..And I'm kind of disappointed. I was really hoping for a standard 2D animation affair, but looks like it's going to be 3D. A shame, especially when the Gauna looks so fucking terrible.

I'd really love to see some awesome animation done for one of Tsutomu Nihei's works. He has some really amazing stuff, but none of it seems too appealing to studios to make a full length animation of it. We did however get a short net series/ova of Blame!, which only had one episode containing a decent amount of plot thanks to how short it was but man it was good.

Decided to re-watch Tenchi Universe, and relive some of that childhood nostalgia.

Any fans on here?

Decided to re-watch Tenchi Universe, and relive some of that childhood nostalgia.

Any fans on here?

I remember watching three different versions of Tenchi on Toonami when that channel was still going. Other than DBZ I think Tenchi along with a Gundam show were my first anime experiences all thanks to Toonami. I think they were,

Tenchi Universe

Tenchi in Tokyo

Tenchi Muyo

Its been some time so I might be wrong with the names but I remember them fondly and I'd by them all if they did some complete DVD/Blu Ray sets.

Really dig Tenchi. The scope for the original OVA series is incredible and the TV shows are great alt universe stories. The two theatrical sequels to Tenchi Universe are particularly good, Tenchi Muyo in Love is a fun ride and Tenchi Muyo in Love 2 is nothing short of stunning.

The newer OVAs for the original Ryo-Ohki series were disgracefully bad though, almost killed all my enthusiasm for that world.

If you'd like to continue the "original" Tenchi story (Yosho/Lighthawk Wings/Goddesses), try Tenchi Muyo GXP. It takes place in the original OVA timeline and is set several years after the third OVA. There are character overlaps and even an episode toward the end where a bunch of familiar faces appear.

The novels, or what little has been translated of them, are also very interesting in terms of world expansion. Especially since it seems we'll never get another Ryo-Ohki series after how poorly the latest one was received.

Edited by Guy