NEurope
Shorty

The new anime and manga thread! [Use Spoiler Tags!]

Last time I watched them was back when they were on Cartoon Network so it's been a while since I've seen them. Managed to pick up the DVD boxset of Muyo! before it went out of print but not gotten around to watching it. I really should do that soon. I never saw the ending of Tenchi in Tokyo though.

I saw Tenchi War on Geminar and it's completely different kind of show. They added mechs. :o

I should watch my Gundam Wing DVD's as well and pretend Tonami is back on.

Bleach is currently on a 5 week hiatus to prepare for the end. I wonder if the anime will return after it's all wrapped up.

Watched Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos on US Netflix yesterday

Was AWESOME :D

Though I was a bit surprised with when it took place. I thought it was gonna take place after the events of Brotherhood and was looking forward to seeing a story of the Elrics after the events of the show. Then when I turned it on yesterday it didn't take long to cop on that it was during the events of the show.

Also I REALLY want to start watching Brotherhood again now......

*opens Netflix*

Bleach is currently on a 5 week hiatus to prepare for the end. I wonder if the anime will return after it's all wrapped up.

I hope so. It'll bug to no end having all these DVD's and knowing it was never finished in anime form.

Boooo, no Naruto this week.

Watched Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos on US Netflix yesterday

Was AWESOME :D

Though I was a bit surprised with when it took place. I thought it was gonna take place after the events of Brotherhood and was looking forward to seeing a story of the Elrics after the events of the show. Then when I turned it on yesterday it didn't take long to cop on that it was during the events of the show.

Also I REALLY want to start watching Brotherhood again now......

*opens Netflix*

I think the Brotherhood movie works for that series. The ending to the show was complete and for me didn't need extra. Whereas the first series was left open and that film done a great job closing the show.

Edit- And screw you for making me talk about FMA now I want to go watch it..

I'm ridiculously petty and couldn't handle the fact Edward's hair outline was black in the Brotherhood movie.

I should probably check it out sometime. It can't be any worse than the utterly abysmal original movie. At least this one won't touch the ending.

Yo guys, I know one of you guys wanted to see all my anime/manga merchandise, Well I took a few pictures on my ipod today, so excuse the quality. I haven't posted my magazines, Nendoroids or T-shirts:

iOX1Fi1.jpgct0hTRr.jpgr1w23L9.jpgKUaXWpq.jpg4JAPI7V.jpgdoE89pM.jpgwqZlxSC.jpgH2VBYF7.jpg7JcdBEj.jpgMdkP3wP.jpg7LXhtQz.jpg

Up to episode 13 of my FMA: Brotherhood rewatch

My son (2 years 7 months) is watching too and seems to be enjoying it.... he like to dance to the opening and closing songs haha

Episode 10 always gets me.... :cry:

The pacing of Attack on Titan lately has been really slow. I'm guessing that a second season has been green lighted for quite a while now, as it seems strange considering how quickly they'd have to handle all the questions within a 25 episode series + OVA. There's no way they'd skip on the opportunity either, considering the immense popularity of the series in Japan.

Just finished Sword Art Online and thoroughly enjoyed it. Complete story in 25 episodes with no filler, well told, beautifully drawn and flawlessly animated.

Just finished my rewatch of Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

MY GODS THAT SHOW IS STILL AWESOME :D

Was a bit worried I might have seen it too many times now and I wouldn't be as hooked but at the end of every episode I still found myself going "ah just one more" and having to force myself to stop to sleep haha.

That final 10 eps are just so epic in the lead up to the final battle. And of course the fight itself :D

Already missing the show now that it's over.

I think the Brotherhood movie works for that series. The ending to the show was complete and for me didn't need extra. Whereas the first series was left open and that film done a great job closing the show.

Wanted to wait till I finished the show before replying to ya as I couldn't fully remember where characters were/doing at the end of Brotherhood.

While yeah Brotherhood's ending is complete and ties up the show nicely I think with what Ed and Al are doing at the very end could still leave things open for another story or two taking place after Ed gets on the train.

With Ed going West and Al going East both in search of more knowledge and stuff I guess when I first heard about the Star of Milos film I assumed it might tell a story of what happened to them when they eventually met up after circling the Earth :heh: That's why I was a little confused at the start of the film I guess.

Now I think I might start up the 2003 FMA show cause I just can't get me enough :D

I was going to catch up on the latest 3 episodes of Free! but my internet doesn't want me to. I went from 720p to 480 and now even SD won't play. First world problems indeed.

If you were looking forward to Shippuuden today, I'm going to save you some trouble and tell you to drastically lower your expectations now, as it's two episodes of flashbacks and very little progress.

I was going to catch up on the latest 3 episodes of Free! but my internet doesn't want me to. I went from 720p to 480 and now even SD won't play. First world problems indeed.

The episodes are so pretty. It's like super bloom and contrast and colour. It's a feast for the eyes.

If you were looking forward to Shippuuden today, I'm going to save you some trouble and tell you to drastically lower your expectations now, as it's two episodes of flashbacks and very little progress.

The second was a proper tease. Thought the first would build the hype and second unleash it only for it to pretty much repeat the first. They dragged us through filler for this..

The episodes are so pretty. It's like super bloom and contrast and colour. It's a feast for the eyes.

I know, they look amazing! It always feels like such a waste when I can't watch them in HD!

Finally up to date with the Attack on Titan manga and oh my lord this shit is fucking nuts

So Isayama Hajime is doing Attack on Titan - Before the Fall. A new serialisation linked with Shingeki No Kyojin set before Wall Maria's fall. First chapter has been released.

Naruto manga and anime were brilliant this week. Shippuden may have just tipped it though, too awesome.

Returned to watching Shippuden and have just finished episode 163. I'm skipping all the filler episodes because they take the fun out of the show. Things are getting really exciting, I'm really liking it.

The latest arc isn't the best to date, but there's some fantastic eps in there. Plenty of enjoyment ahead for you, especially if you're skipping fillers :D You probably already have a list but if not, this is a good one which also lists timings of bits of canon amongst filler episodes:

http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=501381

The latest episode was fantastic, and finally means I can buy Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 and not get any spoilers :p

Edited by Shorty