NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Mr_Odwin

No more dumb threads

Let's not have any more dumb threads please. All this 'rate this', 'rate that', 'poll about this', general rubbish that has been about recently doesn't make for good threads and conversation. Admittedly, I'm not giving you any ideas for threads to make, and I'm not the greatest thread maker, but recent ones around here have not been the best. I dunno what I want, maybe I'm just in a bad mood because of having to do work tonight. No more crappy crap please.

I agree. I found the "rate your profile" thread to be a bit suspect, so i've decided to lock that one.

Hey, my mouth poll was a personal investigation to see if right hand people used the right side of their mouth or vice versa.

I agree. I found the "rate your profile" thread to be a bit suspect, so i've decided to lock that one.

I laughed when I saw that thread title on the main index. :laughing:

Seriously though, some people have far too much time on their hands.

Goddamnit, and I was just about to make a "Rate The Above Poster's "Rate The Above Poster Thread"" thread too.

i agree wholeheartedly, but can't help feeling that odwin's gotten a little bit scary since he became mod.

Instead of creating a thread insulting people, why not just go ahead and lock all these 'dumb' threads. Most of the ones that fall under this category are still open.

odwin...scary...never, well maybe for the kids who finally realised what respecting adults is!

kids these days

Just don't post in them unless you've got something interesting to say. No need for a lock.

lol i just spammed by slapping a 6/10

Spammed or followed it's requirements exactly?

Yea I think there have been a few too many rate this and poll threads lately.

The rate my profile could of worked if it was rate my myspace or something. If people enjoy the threads can't see why you guys lock them just cause you don't like them

Exactly. Thats the only thing I don't like about this place. The way threads are locked because they arent to someone's taste or they are 'spam'. When the truth is that this place would be alot more welcoming and generally enjoyable, if people would stop being so uptight about such trivial things.

if you think a thread is crap or spam or not in your taste i have a little tip.....

DONT READ IT!!!!!!! SIMPLE!!!!!!

i happen to think these "dumb threads" give a balance to the forum.

We have gaming threads the backbone of the site

We have the seriouse threads "gay rights" "political this & that" good for people who want a serious discussion

& then the "dumb" threads of which all the ones i liked got locked mostly by Mr Odwin himself. if there are offensive posts do you not have the power to delete them? i think it is a bit extreme to lock it if there is just 1 person who is being an arsehole.

Mr_Odwin has the TITs full and whole-hearted support. We will not oppose such measures.

Lets start a rebellion against Mr Odwin!!!

MAKE MORE THREADS

MAKE MORE THREADS

MAKE MORE THREADS

MAKE MORE THREADS

MAKE MORE THREADS

I think you get the point

Exactly. Thats the only thing I don't like about this place. The way threads are locked because they arent to someone's taste or they are 'spam'. When the truth is that this place would be alot more welcoming and generally enjoyable, if people would stop being so uptight about such trivial things.

well said there

I don't know how many of you have been here. Needless to say, a forum where any old rubbish is allowed will not be a great one.

Now, mike-zim, I know you're talking about the political correctness thread and that was one that I thought over for quite a while. It wasn't a bad thread at all - good in fact, but the last page or two had too many genuinely rascist remarks for my liking.

The DON'T READ IT SIMPLE argument just doesn't fly. There are loads of topics that I'm not interested in but there is a line where a thread is not just one that I'm not interested in, but one that shouldn't be allowed to go on. I've/We've got to make that judgement call and you may not always agree.

Yeah, just to back up Odwin's point: please don't spam.

There are plenty of threads i dont like. For instance, Anime bores me, so i dont use the thread that's there. However i appreciate some peopel love it, so it stays there. However, "rate the other person's profile". No, just no. If you have a problem with mods, PM them about it.

For god's sake loosen up, you sound like prison guards or something.

Well, if i wanted to be a "prison guard" then i could have locked a lot more threads by now. I just keep them open becuase i think that some people might enjoy them.

I dont think it was the idea of the rate threads that people dont like, it was more that fact that they were getting ridiculous. We would have been on rate my friends code soon.

Sign in to follow this