NEurope
Retro_Link

Ghost Rider!

hellcycle.jpg

Ghost Rider

Release date; 16.2.2007

Directed by; Mark Steven Johnson (Elektra, Daredevil)

First Footage!

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/ghostrider/site/rider.html

Story;

Based on the Marvel character, stunt motorcyclist Johnny Blaze (Nicolas Cage) gives up his soul to become a hellblazing vigilante, to fight against power hungry Blackheart (Wes Bentley), the son of the devil himself.

In order to save his dying father, young stunt cyclist Johnny Blaze sells his soul to Mephistopheles and sadly parts from the pure-hearted Roxanne Simpson, the love of his life. Years later, Johnny's path crosses again with Roxanne, now a gogetting reporter, and also with Mephistopheles, who offers to release Johnny's soul if Johnny becomes the fabled, fiery Ghost Rider, a supernatural agent of vengeance and justice. Mephistopheles charges Johnny with defeating the despicable Blackheart, Mephistopheles's nemesis and son, who plans to displace his father and create a new hell even more terrible than the old one.

------------------------------------------------

What does everyone reckon?

I think Ghost Rider is quite a cool character (seen him in the Spiderman cartoon); the visual effects look alright but not great,

Looks as though unlike the fantastic Spiderman films, great X-Men or Fantastic Four;

Ghost Rider could be another 'nothing special' Marvel film; as it has the same director as Marvels Elektra and Daredevil and they're meant to be rubbish!

Daredevil is an awesome movie. The soundtrack and the action is great but Elektra is one of the worst films I have ever seen. I will still see Ghost Rider as im a big Cage fan

Daredevil is an awesome movie.

I think so too, especially the Director's Cut ads a lot of elements.

Ghost Rider isn't familiar to me but what I read in the description I get the feeling that it might be like Constantine and I didn't like that film too much.

That looked sweet.

Let's hope that this turns out to be a good comic to film conversion (like Spiderman, Xmen), instead of an Elektra-esque film.

Not a big fan of GR but this could be pretty decent.

Never seen Elektra, but from the trailers it looked similar to the anime Ninja Scroll.

This film looks pretty sweet, my favourite shots from the trailer are when he rises from the water on his bike and when he's riding along side a Horseman of the Apocalypse type character, simply amazing.

And do not fear Mark Steven Johnson (dir. of this and DD) had nothing to do with Elektra.

And do not fear Mark Steven Johnson (dir. of this and DD) had nothing to do with Elektra.

Other then producing it....

He might of been involved by name only, or just supervising the project. Like handling business issues and stuff. I don't think he was involved creatively.

Looks a lot better than the Fantastic Four, which may I add is an awful film. The Cage is a fantastic actor, I think this will be a film I'll enjoy.

I saw an advert for this somewhere, and the ridiculous concept made me laugh.. I dont know whether to see it or not,

I watched the trailer now too and it actually seems crazy enough to work. The character is pretty dark, only the CG skull couldn't convince me.

I think it would be quite as enjoyable as Dare Devil Director's Cut. Not too deep with meaning but good popcorn cinema with some tragic elements.

Hopefully it doesn't turn out like Constantine.

I first thought that this(thread) was something about the idiotic swedish motorcyclist... :D

But yeah this could turn out to be a good popcorn cinema movie.

$15.9 Million Opening for Ghost Rider!

Source: ShowBIZ Data February 17, 2007

Sony Pictures and Mark Steven Johnson's adaptation of Marvel Comics Ghost Rider, starring Nicolas Cage and Eva Mendes, rode home with an estimated $15.9 million its opening Friday, about $600,000 more than Johnson's Daredevil opened with over President's Day weekend four years ago. With that impressive of an opening, Ghost Rider is looking likely to set a new record for a President's Day weekend opener if it hold up well enough to make over $45.1 million over the four-day weekend. Either way, it's likely to become Nicolas Cage's biggest opening movie to date by topping his 2004 hit National Treasure.

A great start to an awesome looking movie, not long now til us UKers get it!

It looks good, and I love the character, I saw about half of Daredevil, but I loved what I saw - especially Bullseye.

I wonder who made the bike, I love the movie bikes the American Chopper guys make.

Saw a trailer for this a long while ago, looked pretty cool. Another movie I have to see.

I dunno about this: the concept is utterly barmy, and I have no real interest in Ghost Rider. I'll wait and see.

I've never been much of a fan of ghost rider, and kind of not one of nicholas cage either(not an antifan, just indifferent), but then I found out he's really into his comics which is pretty cool, and he is a class actor so I would like to see this film. Apparently he has a ghost rider tattoo that they had to powder out when he was playing him in the film, hows that for some irony?

Also, isn't Eva Mendes in this or something too? She's hot. Even more reason to see it!

Well I'm a huge fan of Ghost Rider... I think he's one of Marvels great creations, I've got a fair few Ghost Rider comics and I'm hoping they do this film justice...

To be totally accurate with the comics, this film cannot be less than an 18 cert... at times the comics are horrific! But alas I know it won't be, this best be 15 at least as I want to see Ghost Rider as he should be!

I hope this film lives up to the comics! Even in the slightest!

I hope this film lives up to the comics! Even in the slightest!

It won't, even the better comic based movies are far from faithful to the source material, can't see this being any different.

Anyway, I have a copy of it, but I just have no motivation to watch it, maybe tomorrow when I'm drunk.