N-Europe

QINC! (Hamishmash's new web comic)

Hamishmash

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody seems to care for ol' Qinc no more.

Wasn't that the whole premise behind the comic to begin with? :heh:

I still read it every week. If you feel like you need more validation I could try to comment more often, though there's not much to say beyond "it's still good".

I think I got used to there being more commenting in my pokemon thread. It's not that it is needed but otherwise there's no real way to tell if people are still reading it. It's a little bit disappointing when I come back to post Monday's new issue and the last post was the last issue.

But then these stories are hardly as interactive as the Pokemon (which will be coming back in October!) but yeah. Glad to know some people are still reading it. :)

I guess it doesn't take much to read it when you see this thread is updated.

I wondering though, I put this on deviantArt, my website, here and on the Facebook group. How do I get more people to view this? How can I go from being here to being a webcomic people make sure to check out every Monday with lots of viewers?

Networking helps.

Start tweeting about it, add it to webcomic lists. Maybe see if some other fairly prominent webcomics are willing to do a link exchange. You need to integrate your webcomic into people's routine - to know it will update on a certain day and then be sure to have a new page available on that certain day.

No networking will ever beat word of mouth though. Start putting it out there everywhere you can. Even it it turns out not everyone likes it, all you need are 10 in 100 to decide to keep checking back. 10 out of the many 100s on the Internet equals quite a readership after all.

tumblr_lp97biI5gf1qkg0q1o1_500.jpg

Poster for the start of the second chapter of my epic comedy web comic, Qinc: Rambler of the World. Come back to this blog next Monday for the opening of "Qinc and the Escape from England".

This poster parodies the overly dark and dramatic Harry Potter posters, in particular the ones for "The Half-Blood Prince".

View on DeviantART

Words cannot describe my love for this.

And this;

spune.gif?2

Was there a button to go from chapter 1 to chapter 2? I couldn't find it, if not add a link it makes it flow better.

EDIT: Personally, the first chapter didn't really flow for me. I'm not sure why. I'll keep reading on anyway.

Edited by Ellmeister