N-Europe

Football Season 2011/2012

flameboy

I think most sensible Man United fans will say that Evra isn't that good. Cole has been totally average for years. Baines only seems great because of how important he to Everton. Put him in a better team and he'd stand out much less.

Enrique is the best all round left back. He can do everything.

You'll be hard-pressed to find ANY United fans who think that. Evra has been nothing short of consistently awesome for the past few years. Had a very dodgy start, but he's come through in style. He plays in virtually every game and is reliable.

Enrique is nowhere near in the same league as Evra. He might be having a decent season, but Evra is a consistently high performer in a Premier League winning/contending team. You couldn't tempt me to swap him for Enrique.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cole and Evra are definitely the best two. Not sure if one is truly better than the other, because they both player in particular ways for their club. I wouldn't swap Evra for Cole, and I'm sure Chelsea fans wouldn't swap Cole for Evra.

I really rate Baines, mind. Fantastic player. He's got an aggression and skill that I like. Everton need to keep hold of him...

Blackburn were poor, only quality was the equalizer and we ripped them to shreds in the end. van Persie hat trick, Oxlade Chamberlain brace and goals from Arteta and Henry at the end. Givet did them no favours with the straight red, though I think van Persie has an ankle niggle after that challenge, surprised he wasn't subbed but he played his part, 3 goals and 2 assists I think.

More legendary stuff from Chris Kamara on Soccer Saturday.

He started reporting from a match just in a shirt and tie, saying the weather was actually quite balmy. Then after every time the cameras went to him, he added more clothing - first a scarf, then a jacket, then a hat, then an overcoat, then with the scarf wrapped around his head.

Love this guy!

EDIT. And now it's all coming off again! With an unbuttoned shirt too! :D

Edited by Dog-amoto

So Adam Johnson done his best impression of Robert Pires v Portsmouth in 2004 and the media brush it under the carpet. If you're English it's ok to dive, if you're not prepare to be slaughtered.

Our media are a joke. Shape up or shit off.

I couldn't follow the game as I was at uni yesterday, but after walking through some nice snow and coming home I sit down to Arsenal vs Blackburn as the GOTD on football first. it was awesome watching the full 90 minutes of a very good Arsenal performance. Oxlade Chamberlain played excellently again, Captain Vantastic keeps on scoring and it was nice to see Koscielny come off with an ovation, he's been immense.

The media kept this amazingly quiet aswell.

Manchester United fan charged for shouting racist abuse at Stoke match

A Manchester United fan has been charged for shouting racist abuse at opposition players during a Premier League football match.

Howard Hobson, 57, is accused of a racially aggravated public order offence and using threatening words or behaviour to cause harassment, alarm or distress.

Hobson, of Weaver Walk, Openshaw, Manchester, was arrested at the Manchester United v Stoke City game on Tuesday.

During the match a spectator made a complaint to stewards that a fan in the north stand was shouting abusive comments towards Stoke City players. Police were informed and Hobson was arrested.

He is due to appear at Trafford magistrates court on Wednesday.

Only the most deluded United fan can call the Ivanovic challenge on Welbeck a penalty. Still I think a draw helps Arsenal's top 4 aspirations, but I have to say Newcastle seem to have gelled together a really good team, if they can grind wins out like they did today I think it's a 4 horse race for the Champions League qualifier place.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Worse!

Can't fault Hernandez's header, he knew exactly where to be and how to lose Luiz.

Mata's great free kick would have won it for us had De Gea not finally decided to do what was expected of him and make a great save.

De Gea has been making spectacular saves all season. Only his catching from crosses/corners is under question. He was excellent today and could do nothing about the goals.

The Welbeck penalty shouldn't have been given, but he should have got something in the first half (can't decide if it was penalty or free-kick). In fact, we should've had another when Bosingwa pulled Young down in the box in the first half.

I thought Chelsea were extremely fortunate to take the lead, as they were sloppy in the first half. They were also very lucky to go 3-0 up, after some terrible defending. Rafael was probably our best defender today.

Score-line seems fair to me, although we could have won that game. We definitely deserved to go away with something. I knew Torres was going to fuck up his chance in the second half, which probably would have wrapped the game up for Chelsea.

I'll laugh if the Welbeck penalty gets discussed in great detail, when Adam Johnson did something identical (not similar, identical) yesterday and didn't even get given a look in. It'll happen though, because it's United against Chelsea.

Very emotionally draining game. Thought Carrick was outstanding again and was my Man of the Match.

Edit: Also have to laugh at the Chelsea fans booing Ferdinand...