Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2011/2012

flameboy

j1Sx1.gif

So cute. :D

Smash that

Welbeck wasn't garbage at all. He has been great for us this season and he doesn't function that well as a lone striker. It's obvious he plays better in a two-man attack, he needs a partner. No support and no service means any striker would find it hard.

So Wellbeck was garbage is what your saying, your pretty much telling yourself he was garbage, for the rest of the season he was not. Which i agree with.

Stawberry Taqueria for the the win.

Edited by James
Automerged Doublepost

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carroll MOTM? What? He only woke up in the last 15 minutes. On the commentary I was listening to on EPSN both the pundits were barking on the whole game about how Carroll was offering nothing, he was winning no headers and offers not much else. He did bugger all apart from the winning the header for the assist.

Smash that

I hope you're talking about Mrs Suárez and not his daughter. :D

Carroll MOTM? What? He only woke up in the last 15 minutes. On the commentary I was listening to on EPSN both the pundits were barking on the whole game about how Carroll was offering nothing, he was winning no headers and offers not much else. He did bugger all apart from the winning the header for the assist.

They're talking shit.

MotM Poll

Check who's winning that. Carroll hasn't been performing brilliantly lately, so i'm sure he would only get votes when he's really deserving.

He didn't win every header, but he won his fair share. It was his hold up play on the ground that was most impressive. People assume he can't play football on the floor, but he really can.

I hope you're talking about Mrs Suárez and not his daughter. :D

They're talking shit.

MotM Poll

Check who's winning that. Carroll hasn't been performing brilliantly lately, so i'm sure he would only get votes when he's really deserving.

He didn't win every header, but he won his fair share. It was his hold up play on the ground that was most impressive. People assume he can't play football on the floor, but he really can.

I seriously dispute that. He hold up play is average at best, most of the time he stumbles all over the place when he has it at his feet although he was better yesterday.

He is still not good enough though and I would sell for £15m if an offer came in.

Carroll was much better yesterday, he seemed to have some decent hold up play which is what is required of him, Downing needs learns how to cross a football which I think is what Liverpool bought him for.

Apparantly Liverpool have tried to swap him for Tevez, lololol.

Carroll was much better yesterday, he seemed to have some decent hold up play which is what is required of him, Downing needs learns how to cross a football which I think is what Liverpool bought him for.

Apparantly Liverpool have tried to swap him for Tevez, lololol.

got no doubt that KD and the club would be happy to sell Carroll. Dont think KD rates him and he knows that Carroll will not be good enough.

Downing has done nothing. £18m down the drain!!

So Wellbeck was garbage is what your saying, your pretty much telling yourself he was garbage, for the rest of the season he was not. Which i agree with.

Stawberry Taqueria for the the win.

I'm not saying he was garbage at all. If his touch was awful and he kept booting the ball out of play, then I would've said he was garbage. However, he hardly had the ball, despite making good runs and moving well without the ball. That doesn't make him garbage at all.

Stewart Downing, on the other hand, IS garbage. Has the ball on a regular basis, does nothing with it. ;)

As for Carroll being man of the match...no.

In other news: Sturridge is a diving wanker, but he's English so the press won't talk about it.

Word, a really soft penalty that one was.

Again, that's not being discussed anywhere. :hmm:

I find it weird how the press were all over the Kompany red card, but the decisions in these two games are not being talked about anywhere at all. Chelsea only won thanks to that penalty, too.

Gutted about result yesterday. Didn't deserve to lose that. Scholes, Giggsy and Carrick were bossing the midfield was a dream to watch. Missing that final ball again though, didn't create enough clear cut chances.

Welbeck's work rate is second to none with and without the ball. Wish they still did player cam as it goes. You should see the amount of work he does off the ball, amazing.

What's with the Downing hate? He's been much better in the past couple of games. He had a good game yesterday. His delivery is great, he's proved he is one of the best crossers in the league over the time he has been in this league. To say after a tough start to his Liverpool career that he's poor and a waste is silly. Have patience man.

Rome wasn't built etc.

I am just stunned, not at the scoreline mind, but the fan reaction since Dunne put Villa ahead, it's times like this you make a lot of noise and get behind the team, but what I hear is boos, jeers and negative feedback directed toward the players. Booing Walcott when he gets the ball is just ridiculous. It's frustrating to be behind after dominating possession but come on, knocking the players confidence into the ground isn't going to help matters.

What's with the Downing hate? He's been much better in the past couple of games. He had a good game yesterday. His delivery is great, he's proved he is one of the best crossers in the league over the time he has been in this league. To say after a tough start to his Liverpool career that he's poor and a waste is silly. Have patience man.

Rome wasn't built etc.

EPL stats this year say 0 assists and 0 goals. £18m should deliver much more then that.

wow down by 2, but now ahead!? wenger must've verbally kicked some ass. although I don't know the circumstances, or how the pens came about. can't wait to watch the highlights tonight!

it's over now, the gooners progress!

Edited by -Dem0-

EPL stats this year say 0 assists and 0 goals. £18m should deliver much more then that.

Who do you support? I can't remember.

Only morons look at stats alone. He's put in plenty of good crosses and created chances this season, but we have struggled to finish this season (as our goal tally shows). With better finishing, he would of scored a few at least, and would of had 5+ assists easy.

I think the problem with Downing is you're almost looking at it like he's got potential to be good. He is good, much better than he has to be. He used to be a game changed, he hasn't been that for a while and that's what everyone expects him to be.

I think the problem with Downing is you're almost looking at it like he's got potential to be good. He is good, much better than he has to be. He used to be a game changed, he hasn't been that for a while and that's what everyone expects him to be.

He's out of form and seems low on confidence. The last two games though, he looks much improved. He seems to have grown in confidence and is being much more aggressive and taking players on, which he hasn't done much earlier in the season.

You could compare him to Arshavin. But Downing hasn't been that horrible. :p

It's important to remember that our squad is so different to last season, the whole squad should be given time to settle.

He's out of form and seems low on confidence. The last two games though, he looks much improved. He seems to have grown in confidence and is being much more aggressive and taking players on, which he hasn't done much earlier in the season.

You could compare him to Arshavin. But Downing hasn't been that horrible. :p

It's important to remember that our squad is so different to last season, the whole squad should be given time to settle.

You could compare Arshavin to Downing, except Arshavin is having a 'mare and is still contributing more to his club... :indeed:

Just got in from the game, very strange game. First half we weren't good or bad, just average and we gave away cheap goals. Second half we were a different beast, the team and crowd lifted together. A really important win for the team, fans and club.

You could compare Arshavin to Downing, except Arshavin is having a 'mare and is still contributing more to his club... :indeed:

Just got in from the game, very strange game. First half we weren't good or bad, just average and we gave away cheap goals. Second half we were a different beast, the team and crowd lifted together. A really important win for the team, fans and club.

It was very odd. Was in the north bank and it was dead for the whole of the first half. Barely stood up at all. And we weren't bad, we felt a bit slow. And I just knew when they had a chance they were going to take it. Fabianski almost gave me several heart attacks.

Second half was great, stood pretty much the whole half and the atmosphere was great. We played with a lot more urgency, Walcott picked his game up a lot, and there was a lot more confidence. Went absolutely mental when the third penalty went in.

Overall, a good win, and we should hopefully get through the next round without too much trouble. Typical Spurs getting Stevenage though. Lucky gits.

How is he contributing more? Supporters were disgusted at a 17-year-old coming off for him. They even boo'ed the decision.

I don't know if you watched the game yesterday, but he had a good game. He's had a few good games, and a few bad ones.

Another thing is Arshavin has been at Arsenal for how long? He is settled and knows everything he needs to about his teammates. Downing has been here a few months, he's still learning and adapted to living in a new part of the country. Some players can adapt to new systems really quickly (Suárez, Enrique), while others can take longer (Carroll, Downing).

The important thing for Liverpool supporters is that all our signings have come in and been great, or are showing clear signs of improving, which is exactly what i wanted to see. Aslong as we keep progressing, i'm happy. We're rebuilding, and i'm trying to be as patient as possible with all our players.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!