Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2011/2012

flameboy

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has had a shocking season and its even more terrible for Liverpool when you consider most people saying that Henderson and Adam have had worse seasons!

Only an idiot would say Henderson has been worse than Downing. Downing hasn't been as bad as people make out, but he's been disappointing.

Adam missed Lucas badly. With Lucas there, he was playing good football, he needs to play in a 3 man midfield to be effective.

Only an idiot would say Henderson has been worse than Downing. Downing hasn't been as bad as people make out, but he's been disappointing.

Adam missed Lucas badly. With Lucas there, he was playing good football, he needs to play in a 3 man midfield to be effective.

The games I've seen Henderson in were shocking....and he got taken off as well.

Anyway Joey Barton has truly lost it, still seemingly trying to defend his actions and deflect the situation...

Joey Barton has threatened to "expose" footballer-turned-pundit Gary Lineker.

Lineker was part of the Match of the Day panel which criticised Barton for his behaviour before and after getting sent off in QPR's match against title winners Manchester City yesterday (May 13).

Barton initially said on Twitter that while he would "take it" from Alan Hansen and Lineker, he refused to be criticised by "that bell" Alan Shearer.

The QPR midfielder then rebuffed Lineker's defence of Shearer and his suggestion that Barton was attempting to deflect from "obvious and deserved criticisms".

Lineker then said to Barton: "Still raging then? Still kicking out? And still, presumably, misunderstood? But only by yourself I suspect."

Barton responded: "Do u wanna go there publicly "Mr Squeaky Clean" ? Think u should have a look in that vast closet of skeltons before u respond. (sic)

"I know a lot about THAT side to u the people don't and won't bat an eye lid at exposing u.

"So mind ur manners Squeaky... now back under your stone you odious little toad..."

For me he should be charged with extra ban for kick on sergio, attempted headbutt on kompany and bringing game into disrepute with all his craziness afterwards. Also doesn't he have an extra ban anyway for so many bookings/red card in a season? all adds up chump!

The games I've seen Henderson in were shocking....and he got taken off as well.

Anyway Joey Barton has truly lost it, still seemingly trying to defend his actions and deflect the situation...

For me he should be charged with extra ban for kick on sergio, attempted headbutt on kompany and bringing game into disrepute with all his craziness afterwards. Also doesn't he have an extra ban anyway for so many bookings/red card in a season? all adds up chump!

BBC are saying he could face a 10 match ban, which is harsh. 4 or 5 at most imo.

When you look at his entire CV or misdemeanours it kind of sickens me how much he still earns a week.

Also, I despise hearing about anything he posts on twitter mainly because he always responds with some philosophical post that he's clearly just copied and pasted from somewhere.

When you look at his entire CV or misdemeanours it kind of sickens me how much he still earns a week.

Also, I despise hearing about anything he posts on twitter mainly because he always responds with some philosophical post that he's clearly just copied and pasted from somewhere.

yeah he often coaches winston churchill the fucking cheek!

BBC are saying he could face a 10 match ban, which is harsh. 4 or 5 at most imo.

He has an automatic 4 match ban for the red card.

That kick/knee after he was sent off was violent conduct and to be honest I think that he should be getting a ban for a certain number of months for it rather than measured in games.

When you read his history you wonder whether he should even be allowed to play football at all.

It's times like this i'd wish someone would channel their inner Roy Keane and 'Haaland' Joey Barton.

That's pretty low thinking, just what I'd expect from someone like Barton.

Wishing for a horrific injury is never rightful even if it is to someone like Barton.

That's pretty low thinking, just what I'd expect from someone like Barton.

Wishing for a horrific injury is never rightful even if it is to someone like Barton.

I was referring more to the idea of the tackle than the actual injury. He's got it coming either way. Even if someone was to seriously injure him, it wouldn't come close to touching the things he has done both on and off the pitch. The fact that he shows no remorse is the icing on the cake.

Edited by Jon

What a crazy day. Spurs actually didn't fuck up! Arsenal clinging to 3rd is a shame, but there's still a good chance Spurs can get Europe next year. Newly dedicated Munich fan, here.

And if they had messed up, it wouldn't have mattered anyway :heh:

What is this nonsense of Ireland, Scotland AND Wales thinking of doing s triple joint bid for Euro 2020?

As much as I'd love for a major football tournament held here a 3 way bid is insane. I know the Euro's will be increased to 24 teams starting 2016 but even then I doubt UEFA will allow for 3 hosts (and 3 automatic qualifiers).

Plus we (Ireland) only have like the One stadium that could be used (2 if the Gaelic Association allows for use of Croke Park...and even then both would be in the same city, would that be allowed?) which is partly way the Ireland/Scotland bid for Euro 2008 failed.

How would they even work out a triple bid match wise? With a double bid one nation would get the opening game and the other would get the final. In a triple bid one nation would be get neither. All 3 FA's need a slap I think. A double bid would be fine with any combination of the 3 nations (that could provide the correct number of stadiums) but a triple bid is a facepalm.

Edited by Mokong