Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2011/2012

flameboy

Just throwing this out there to Liverpool fans: Has there been any real change since Kenny has come in?

I don't think the players he's brought in have done a whole lot, with the exception of Enrique, Bellamy and Suarez. The tactics don't seem to be working and Liverpool have 3 wins in their last 10 games.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There has definitely been a change in the mentality of some players and certainly the fans but we're still suffering from the same problems we have done for several years. It may not have been evident today but we're good enough to compete head to head to with top sides but we continue to perform poorly against the rest of the sides in the league.

It may seem positive that we're still just within touching distance of 4th but that is only as a result of Chelsea and others being almost as disappointing as we have been.

Some of the signings have not been encouraging but I do feel that the loss of Lucas through injury has significantly damaged our season. I don't believe we will be playing Champions League football next season.

Two fingers to all the Ade haters. And that;s a lot of spurs fans who look at the goals scored and say he hasn't been good enough. The man works hard every game and is integral to the way we play!

We have been so sexy this match. Just think, England could play like this soon ;)

With regards to the suarez stuff. Sometimes you have to play the situation and Suarez plays it wrong every time. What ever he thinks, he should have done it, he's going to cause himself and more importantly Liverpool more damage because of it. And daglish has NEVER had class in interviews, sour faced, miserable, excuses ladened dickwad!!

That's right... dickwad!!

Oh Newcastle...

Well, not much to say with regards to performance. We were poor, Spurs were great and Ade in particular shone like a diamond.

It's strange because it's our worst defeat all season and yet, I'm struggling to be disappointed because I completely expected us to lose. Maybe not by 5 mind, but even so. I think the game sort of highlights the strange gap between the top 3 teams and the next 4 or so. If we had 2 more points, we'd be 4th and I really don't think we're good enough for the Champions League. It just so happens that Arsenal or Chelsea barely are either this year.

Two fingers to all the Ade haters. And that;s a lot of spurs fans who look at the goals scored and say he hasn't been good enough. The man works hard every game and is integral to the way we play!

We have been so sexy this match. Just think, England could play like this soon ;)

With regards to the suarez stuff. Sometimes you have to play the situation and Suarez plays it wrong every time. What ever he thinks, he should have done it, he's going to cause himself and more importantly Liverpool more damage because of it. And daglish has NEVER had class in interviews, sour faced, miserable, excuses ladened dickwad!!

That's right... dickwad!!

Yeah definitely eating my words about Ade right now. I still think he's pretty inconsistant though, he was poor against Liverpool last match (admittedly, so was the whole team). But yeah, great performance today. Impressed by Saha too.

Now for consistency, Friedal... the man amazes me every game. So solid.

Adebayor take a bow. What a performance. Performance of the season by any Spurs player for my money.

We have something really special here so whatever happens with Redknapp we're a club on the up. I'd be gutted if he went, but I'm sure we'll get a good replacement.

If we play like we did today when we visit The Emirates, those scummers are in for one hell of a game.

Regarding Suarez being a little prick today, if he wanted to get one over on Evra, he should have done his talking on the pitch, by leading Liverpool to victory, instead he riled United and they probably played with more passion because of it.

Always been a horrible little boy that one. I remember he got sent off in the world cup playing for Uruguay for using his hands to stop a shot. Dishonourable!

Whats with all the frozen pitches aswell? I didnt think it was that cold today

Adebayor take a bow. What a performance. Performance of the season by any Spurs player for my money.

We have something really special here so whatever happens with Redknapp we're a club on the up. I'd be gutted if he went, but I'm sure we'll get a good replacement.

If we play like we did today when we visit The Emirates, those scummers are in for one hell of a game.

The big issue for Spurs is next year. This year has gone really well and it's likely you'll get into the Champions League next year, bar any monumental fuck ups. The issue is the strikeforce for me, since Ade and Saha are on loan deals. What will you do for goals next season? It's all ok at the moment, but they haven't nailed the striking options down yet.

Regarding Suarez being a little prick today, if he wanted to get one over on Evra, he should have done his talking on the pitch, by leading Liverpool to victory, instead he riled United and they probably played with more passion because of it.

Always been a horrible little boy that one. I remember he got sent off in the world cup playing for Uruguay for using his hands to stop a shot. Dishonourable!

Whats with all the frozen pitches aswell? I didnt think it was that cold today

I'm sorry, but he helped get his country to the semi finals of the World Cup. I don't think he gave a shit if he got sent off. He hardly did it to be an ass to the African people.

It's like calling a player dishonourable for taking down a player intentionally when they're one on one with the keeper, which happens regularly.

The Adebayor/Saha strike partnership analysis on Match of the Day is really good.

Liverpool were definitely missing something like this today. Not sure what Chelsea's lineup was today, but Torres has seemed quite isolated for most of the season. Maybe having somebody there as a foil would've helped his season turn out differently.

I'm sorry, but he helped get his country to the semi finals of the World Cup. I don't think he gave a shit if he got sent off. He hardly did it to be an ass to the African people.

It's like calling a player dishonourable for taking down a player intentionally when they're one on one with the keeper, which happens regularly.

Aye i see what you're saying. Hes still a nasty pasty though.

Lol @ Evra trying to knack Suarez on MoTD but going straight through Ferdinand instead.

In other news, did anyone see the Swansea/Norwich game on MOTD? Was a wonderful game of football and hidden in it was one of the assists of the season o_O

Pretty sure it was this game anyway..hard to keep track sometimes...

I watched it all. Is this for the first Norwich goal, where it looks like it's going out of play before being hooked back as a makeshift-overheard-kick-cross-thing?

I watched it all. Is this for the first Norwich goal, where it looks like it's going out of play before being hooked back as a makeshift-overheard-kick-cross-thing?

That's the one :)

I know there was some luck involved with it but it really was just lovely to watch.

That's the one :)

I know there was some luck involved with it but it really was just lovely to watch.

That passage of play looked like it was being played on a pitch with low gravity. I didn't even realise the ball had went in when it did. It just seemed to float everywhere. :heh:

It's amazing how Norwich and Swansea will both probably be fine, yet QPR are the ones who have spent money and brought more players in, yet are struggling.

Sick to death of this Suarez/Evra shit tbh. Both clubs are coming out of it badly - Liverpool moreso. It's just getting incredibly embarrassing.

It's just highlighting what insufferable people both Ferguson and Kenny are.

You know what, i 100% agree. It's embarrassing.

The media are as much to blame as anyone, though. Blaming Su?rez because he apparently stirred it up? No, they stirred it up themselves by making such a big deal about nothing. Su?rez doesn't like him. Su?rez didn't shake his hand, so fucking what.

If i didn't like someone, i wouldn't shake their hand. Su?rez didn't want to follow the medias' script, fair enough, he can do what he wants.

They were saying on Match of the Day about how it was agreed beforehand that the two players would be shaking hands. So, for Suarez to not go ahead with it must surely mean he disobeyed the manager. It's opened a can of worms.

You know what would've sorted today out and made it all about the football and less about these two? If he just shook the fucking hand. It takes a second, whereas this may take many months to clear up. It's a bad situation, but this is what it is now. Could've been sorted out, but wasn't.

Scouse victim complex machine in full force I see. It takes a special kind of prick for me to side with Evra. A simple handshake and it's done, buried, over. But no, Mr Suarez is a rat faced twat who likes to disrupt his club and their reputation. Bravo good sir. Long may it continue if the teams form starts to dwindle.

You know what, i 100% agree. It's embarrassing.

The media are as much to blame as anyone, though. Blaming Su?rez because he apparently stirred it up? No, they stirred it up themselves by making such a big deal about nothing. Su?rez doesn't like him. Su?rez didn't shake his hand, so fucking what.

If i didn't like someone, i wouldn't shake their hand. Su?rez didn't want to follow the medias' script, fair enough, he can do what he wants.

How anyone can defend Suarez after that I do not know. He's a disgrace to his club and a disgrace to football. The club even said there would be a handshake and Suarez blatantly disregarded it.

If it were me, Suarez wouldn't be playing again for Liverpool.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!