N-Europe

Football Season 2011/2012

flameboy

@Fierce_LiNk Couldn't have put it better myself! Completely agree.

If anything it would have been understandable for Evra to not shake hands with him considering what has happened, but no he was man enough to shake his hand to draw a line under it but look what Suarez goes and does!

Got to say I did think if anyone would have refused the handshake it would have been Evra as well but I completely expected them both to just shake and get on with it. As I said, stupid decision from Suarez. He must realise this will just make things worse for him in the Premier League. You have to wonder if we'll still have him next season.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was an emotional game and a big victory for him. If you watch it again, you'll see he actually celebrates with different sections of United fans. He doesn't walk up to celebrate directly at Suarez. He's celebrating with the fans. Nothing wrong with that, imo.

Anyway, thought Liverpool were terrible today. I don't mean that lightly. Downing was dreadful and offered Enrique no support all game, which helped Valencia.

I thought Rio and Rafael looked very good in defence, although Rio let himself down a bit at the end with the Suarez goal. Scholes and Carrick looked solid in the middle. The attacking four of Giggs, Rooney, Welbeck and Valencia were great and we should have scored more. Welbeck has really come on and it's encouraging to see him getting picked for big games now without even it being considered a gamble. Has to be one of the most improved players of recent years.

We weren't good enough. Man United were the better team, they deserved the 3 points.

Well played.

Valencia was my MotM.

Valencia is the kind of man Stewart Downing needs to become.

If he did, it would be great for Liverpool and England.

Can't see it happening, though. He was poor today. :hmm:

dazzybee, I dont believe Suarez is racist scum, as Flink said earlier even Evra didnt think so. Ive said before I think he was stupid but I dont think it was meant in a malicious way. If he doesnt believe he was being racist then of course he isnt going to be happy being branded as one. I still said though that he was stupid today and should have shook Evra's hand.

Flink I was prepared to accept Evra celebrating like he did, I thought it was over the top but didnt care too much and yeah he did celebrate to other parts of the fans as well but it doesnt change the fact that he made a point of going right infront of Suarez to carry on which was why Phil Dowd moved him straight away.

Edited by Happenstance

Valencia is the kind of man Stewart Downing needs to become.

If he did, it would be great for Liverpool and England.

Can't see it happening, though. He was poor today. :hmm:

He has obvious ability, but he looks so unbelievably low on confidence. At home against United he was running past players and looked great, full of confidence. At the beginning of the season he looked really good. He just has had so little of an impact recently.

Spearing had a bad game today, he was pressured too much by the United pressing. They forced him into many errors, including the 2nd goal.

All things considered, i thought Su?rez played well. In the setting, he did alright.

I'm sick of the media talking more about the off field stories, than the onfield action, and I'm trying to be the complete opposite. :p

dazzybee, I dont believe Suarez is racist scum, as Flink said earlier even Evra didnt think so. Ive said before I think he was stupid but I dont think it was meant in a malicious way. If he doesnt believe he was being racist then of course he isnt going to be happy being branded as one. I still said though that he was stupid today and should have shook Evra's hand.

Flink I was prepared to accept Evra celebrating like he did, I thought it was over the top but didnt care too much and yeah he did celebrate to other parts of the fans as well but it doesnt change the fact that he made a point of going right infront of Suarez to carry on which was why Phil Dowd moved him straight away.

Well, Suarez had the chance to bury and defuse this whole situation just by shaking the hand. The line would have been drawn. He didn't do that.

Evra was booed in quite a classless way by the Liverpool supporters at Anfield the other week. I'm sure he just wants to move on from this, too. Today, Suarez denied him that opportunity. What you saw at the end was Evra's release of all that emotion. Clearly happy with winning the game, especially after losing at Anfield and perhaps being somewhat responsible for the winning goal then.

This game has a history of being intense and it's a great rivalry. He supported with the United supporters. If he ran up to Suarez ala Keown/Van Nistelrooy and jumped in his face, then I'd have a problem with it. He didn't do that.

Just to add, even Ferguson has said Evra shouldnt have jumped infront of Suarez like he did. Unfortunately Kenny doesnt seem to have handled his interview so well when being asked about Suarez :nono:

I think Spearing does ok from time to time but just isnt up to the quality needed for first team. I know hes only there in place of Lucas but we perhaps should have bought someone in January for such an important role. Will sound like a broken record here but once again Henderson was missing for most of that game.

He has obvious ability, but he looks so unbelievably low on confidence. At home against United he was running past players and looked great, full of confidence. At the beginning of the season he looked really good. He just has had so little of an impact recently.

Spearing had a bad game today, he was pressured too much by the United pressing. They forced him into many errors, including the 2nd goal.

All things considered, i thought Su?rez played well. In the setting, he did alright.

I'm sick of the media talking more about the off field stories, than the onfield action, and I'm trying to be the complete opposite. :p

Spearing did look bad today, I agree. However, the worst surely has to be Jordan Henderson. I didn't even notice he was on the field today.

Spearing did look bad today, I agree. However, the worst surely has to be Jordan Henderson. I didn't even notice he was on the field today.

That's probably the worst i've seen Henderson play. He just had no impact at all.

That seems to be a trend with us. When most of our players are not playing too well, nobody seems to step up, and make an impact. We seem to either all play well, or we all play poorly.

We have winners in our squad that can change games, but they don't seem to step up much in the tough times.

That's probably the worst i've seen Henderson play. He just had no impact at all.

That seems to be a trend with us. When most of our players are not playing too well, nobody seems to step up, and make an impact. We seem to either all play well, or we all play poorly.

We have winners in our squad that can change games, but they don't seem to step up much in the tough times.

I was looking forward to seeing Bellamy against Rafael, because both are in form. But, was very surprised to see Bellamy wasn't in the first 11. Massive mistake, in my opinion. Should've started.

Also, going with 1 up top just isolated Suarez, because Kuyt isn't a quick enough guy to get up in support. Downing does have some talent, but the work rate doesn't seem to be there. He didn't get forward to help out Suarez and feed him any decent crosses. He also didn't track back to help out Enrique.

Massive difference between some of the United and Liverpool players today. Scholes and Carrick kept the midfield quiet, including Gerrard who was playing far too deep. The only two players who I think looked comfortable or played reasonably well were the two Liverpool centre-halves.

I'm a little surprised we didn't throw on Hernandez in the end, when Liverpool got the equaliser. But, Fergie must've thought things were going ok, and Welbeck held the ball up well.

Ive never liked our policy of playing one upfront, I really think they need to work on getting Carroll and Suarez to start working together. Dont like Gerrard having this deeper role as well, he never seems as active anymore in games. What we should do is buy back Alonso and Fowler :p

Just do what Spurs do and play Gerrard off Suarez/Carroll like they play Van Der Vaart off Ade.

At least that's better than what they're currently doing.

As a United fan, I'm delighted that we've got Welbeck and Rooney gelling together. I'm a little concerned with how little game-time Hernandez and Berba are getting as a result of it, mind. Four different and great strikers.

Well yeah thats the problem. With Gerrard playing the deeper role theres nobody behind our strikers to work with them.

Was it Hernandez I read a rumour about last month that was thinking about leaving in the summer due to lack of games? I know it was a Man U player anyway. Possibly the one that was supposed to be the next big thing that im currently blanking on his name.

Well yeah thats the problem. With Gerrard playing the deeper role theres nobody behind our strikers to work with them.

Was it Hernandez I read a rumour about last month that was thinking about leaving in the summer due to lack of games? I know it was a Man U player anyway. Possibly the one that was supposed to be the next big thing that im currently blanking on his name.

Hernandez is going nowhere. :heh:

Possibly Berba. Or Paul Pogba. More likely to be Pogba. Both are not getting games, but Berba does put a shift in when he plays these days. Can't fault him. I'm happy he's not whining like a bitch like Tevez did. Very professional.

Today is a massive day for the bottom of the table. Bolton vs Wigan and Blackburn vs QPR. Everton against Chelsea too, and Spurs vs Newcastle later.

Great day for football. :D

I haven't read all the posts about today's early kick-off but I watched the entire game and came away from it with nothing but a feeling of disappointment and embarassment :hmm:

Firstly, the handshake refusal did seem really unnecessary because I don't feel that Evra is the one that Suarez should be angry at. I believe that Suarez and Liverpool have been treated somewhat unfairly since the original incident by the situation being warped into something that it wasn't. Today, however, was different and it would be difficult to find any way to support his actions.

As for the game itself, the disappointment came, obviously, from the result but also the manner of our performance. Liverpool were lacklustre and clueless with no hunger or desire.. it was pathetic. Gerrard is not the player he was, though he wasn't the only one to have a terrible game. His first thought has almost always been to look forward to play a positive pass and drive the team forward but today he was receiving the ball and scuffing passes to players nearby without getting his head up. Any time he did look further up the pitch, his pass was shockingly bad.

I was saying to my friend towards the end that it would be a disgrace if we get anything from the game as we didn't do anything to deserve it..