NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2011/2012

I'd say thats Liverpools title charge over then. :indeed:

Steady on, it's only September..

Lets be fair, every team deserves to be on the box. It's not just about the big boys. Unfortunately it's Sky's shite marketing and the crap footballing culture they've created. They hype their coverage up so much, when other teams get their shout they get these reactions.

Yeah I completely understand that and agree with you. I don't have a problem with these teams getting their chance to play on the telly but to market it as 'Super Sunday' is ludicrous.

As a football fan with no particular allegiance to any team in England I want to see the best matches possible; I just wasn't interested in watching either of those matches today and instead watched the Grand Prix and then 'Senna' afterwards.

You're not being serious are you 'snowman?

Of course he's not. Liverpool never had a charge for the title.

Title could really go anywhere this season. United look strong, City look hungry, Chelsea will be up there and Liverpool will be looking to win something. I don't think Arsenal will get near it based on their squad, but you never know.

It's a shame that Spurs didn't get in another striker and maybe a defender, because they could be up there. I think they'll struggle this year with the Europa league.

It's stupid to write anyone off, though. 4 games in. Any of those teams could easily pick up injuries and go on a losing or drawing streak. If United lose Young and Rooney, I'd be worried.

Trolololol. :D:laughing:

I believe we have a chance, we were really unlucky not to beat Stoke easily. Other than the Sunderland game, where we were average, we have been the much better team in all our games. The team is still really new, so i think we will get even better throughout the season. And Stevie G is nearly back, honestly can't wait till he's back. :D

Went to the Fulham game yesterday...shame Ruiz didn't make as much of an impact as was anticipated, gonna take a while to settle i guess!

It's a hard one to call this season. The top teams all look good but each have their own deficients. Man City's defence is shit in comparison to their front line and Utd's problems lie in goal. Chelsea will be there or there abouts but i'm not convinced AVB knows who he should be playing upfront and I really can't see them keeping the 5 happy. I'm not sure about us, it's been a difficult start but i'd just like to see us not being ravaged by injuries and suspensions, would nice to be able to field the same eleven from time to time.

One thing about man city was their full backs were able to play high up the pitch a lot of the time, making a lot of stamina-stretching runs. I really don't think they'll be able to pull that off against Man U's more organised team. The goal-fests both manchester teams seem to insist on producing each week so far are always a welcome addition to MOTD, in any case.

Ohhhh poor arsneal, quality goal though from dortmund. thuuuuump. you know it's good when the keeper doesn't move an inch.

Shame, but it was no more than Dortmond deserved, but the defence while a bit all over the place at times seemed to do the job, it was just a shock wondergoal that beat them and Szczecny in the end. I dared to dream we'd get all 3 points.

I'll absolutely take that considering we apparently can't defend. Love seeing Arteta bleeding and racing to get back on, passion that was sorely lacking from those that will remain nameless. Didn't start brilliantly but Koscielny was throwing himself around like a madman at the end. Song was just Alex Song, everywhere. Can't obviously help being a bit disappointed by the lost 2 points considering how well we defended the lead but you don't save a strike like that.

Just a start though, need a good follow up on Saturday against Rovers.

I said before the game a draw is a good result. So I'm happy, a little disappointed because we were close to a brilliant result. However Dortmund had us to the sword most of the second half and there were some tired legs in Arteta and Benayoun.

Walcott needs to be up for the battle more. And we lacked a bit of calmness on the ball in midfield, partly down to debutants/new faces partly because Dortmund closed down really well.

Next CL game is home to Olympiacos, so from our toughest to probably the easiest. Blackburn at the weekend is probably the kind of physical fixture we could do without but they're out of form so we can build on ours.

Well last week wasn't a good one for PHP Argyle,

we played FixupLeeSharp, 4 of our original 7 players were unavailable due to work or holiday reasons. So we managed to put a team together of dribs and drabs of people we knew.

the result was a disaster, we had 2 players who thought they were alot better than they were, which meant they were greedy and shooting on site. was very frustrating, I'm all for the occasion pop shot from no where, but it got to the point that one of them had the ball the opposition were actually saying, "block the shot!" before he had even taken it.

to top it off our keeper who has been in sensational form for us got re-injured. 3 years ago our keeper was an outfield player, but he did the biggy and tore cruciate ligaments, he under went surgery, was in physio for ages. when recovered he decided outfield wasn't going to be an option so opted to play goal keeper, well last tuesday as he went to dive for a save, he did it again, same knee. He's devastated, the team are devastated for him. So we're now hunting for a very long term replacement keeper.

the final score was a 7-4 Loss, the result was bad, but losing our keeper was alot worse.

redemption time. last night we were playing PTFC, the team currently top of the league, who had a 100% win rate so far this season. due to our loss last week, we needed a result to keep 2nd place and a shot at our 3rd promotion in 3 seasons.

before kick off we got the news that the team closest to us in contention for 2nd actually cancelled their game, thus losing 3 points. this was great news for us as it gave us a 5 point gap, so we could afford to lose (obviously not what we want though).

Well we played PTFC off the park. by half time it was 4-0, we went on to win the match 9-3. I got myself on the score sheet twice, as well as a nice little session of handbags and argy bargy with one of their players, which I loved as it meant I knew they were frustrated.

our remaining 4 games are against teams that we quite comfortably bossed when we played them the first time, so confidence is now extremely high that we'll get ourselves that 3rd promotion.

As I said though, the big loss is our keeper. Genuinely gutted for him as he was loving playing football again, when we spoke to him he admitted he's lost all confidence in his knee which was pretty awful to hear.

updateym.jpg

I'm an Arsenal fan, felt gutted to lose the lead to that wonder strike 2 mins before the end last night...would have been good to get back to winning ways in Europe like the Premier League but hey, at least they didn't lose i guess!

Was at the match last night. Was good to watch because our side looked faster and more nimble in midfield which was a change. The crowd got annoyed that the team are still slow in pushing forward though and Malouda looked so lazy. Torres had quite a decent game actually but still got stick which I didn't think he deserved.

Crowd was quite quiet actually, no-one carried on the chants as they went round =/

Crowd was quite quiet actually, no-one carried on the chants as they went round =/

Aren't the group stages a relatively quiet affair at Chelsea anyway? And I don't mean to sound like a cunt or wind up merchant, I'm always hearing and seeing tickets advertised for Chelsea's cup games.

I've also heard Man City have struggled to shift tickets for tonight's game and I know we're having trouble shifting tickets for our game against Olympiacos.

It was a good result for Arsenal. Bad because they were winning, but most fans would have taken a draw before the game.

United's line-up for tonight worries me a little...all the creativity we've had in the first few games seems to have been left out of the squad. No Anderson, No Young, No Nani, No Hernandez in the starting line-up. All four have been amazing so far. Looks very defensive, to me. Still think we'll win, and its obvious the line-up has been chosen with Chelsea in mind.

This stage of the champs, especially, is where Fergie begins to work his squad magic. This match will be closer, edgier than man u's more recent affairs but there's regular-first-teamers on the sub bench that will ensure all is well by the end of the match.

De Gea will have built up some good form/experience (x11 talk) from teh prem games and will feel more comfortable this game.

Yeah. Not going to be an easy game. Season-wide tactics are in play!

Rookie mistake - that's not de gea. Fuck you, multitasking!

Lol X11 talk :p

Benfica taken the lead! Good shot though.

I'm watching the Man City game and Napoli forward hit the bar, was a great chance and Yaya Toure just smashed the bar! Good game this.

And @Ramar, I agree about the early stages being quieter but even those in attendance weren't really singing along like usual, seemed strange because normally crowd get behind the players well.

Rookie mistake - that's not de gea. Fuck you, multitasking!

Ha.. I was wondering when you'd notice he wasn't actually playing :heh: Why isn't he playing, though..?

EDIT It was a good goal from Oscar.. but that's a great goal from Giggs :eek:

Edited by nekunando

Presumably just being saved for the wee---- lol giggs goal of awesome. More records eh?

I wanted to come in and say that it's odd how benfica at home are playing so fearful. They know man U are strong throughout a match. The psychology of it all is hilarious.

Game on!

..what's wrong with De Gea?

Nothing. I was talking about outfield/creative players.

Unless you mean why isn't he playing, in which case it's just to give Lindergaard game time.

We're playing shit. No creativity whatsoever from the midfield. The passing is sideways or backward, nobody is making a run forward to support Rooney, and nobody is getting the ball to the striker. It's so slow. :hmm:

Games like this will show how important Cleverley, Anderson, Young and Nani are to the team. They all offer pace, mobility and creativity.

Giggs' goal was good, but he was so sloppy before that.

Aye, sorry for the confusion.. I was just wondering why De Gea wasn't playing. I didn't see any of the build up to the game so didn't have a clue :heh: