NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2011/2012

Dammit Liverpool! We sure do like to make things hard for ourselves. I really didnt think we were gonna win that tonight, was expecting Blackburn to get the winner in the last few minutes.

Was a absolute mental game, absolutely no faith in Brad Jones for the game on Saturday, feel well sorry for Doni, he seemed proper gutted all because Flanagan had a complete mare.

Feel terrible for Doni, his family were apparently flying over to watch the game at the weekend.

Henderson was sublime at RB. His work rate and desire was phenomenal, love him.

Skrtel and Agger are bosses.

Awesome to have Johnson back, brilliant player.

Shelvey is great, love his confidence.

Bellamy. <3 Carroll. <3

Work rate and attitude was top notch tonight, really proud of the players for how much they worked and how none of them hid away when it got tough.

Now go get us to another final!

:D

Feel terrible for Doni, his family were apparently flying over to watch the game at the weekend.

Henderson was sublime at RB. His work rate and desire was phenomenal, love him.

Skrtel and Agger are bosses.

Awesome to have Johnson back, brilliant player.

Shelvey is great, love his confidence.

Bellamy. <3 Carroll. <3

Work rate and attitude was top notch tonight, really proud of the players for how much they worked and how none of them hid away when it got tough.

Now go get us to another final!

:D

Thank god you never praised Brad Jones or I would have thought you would have had your blinkers firmly on. :)

Agree with everything you say, Johnson looked very comfortable and Henderson did put in a right shift.

I have faith in Jones. :p

He'll be playing for his son, really really hope it's a special day for him.

Slip up against Wolves avoided. Next up Wigan at home Monday night, and for that reason I shall refrain from mentioning their result tonight.

Great result, scoreline doesn't show the dominance we had when Wolves went down to 10 early on. 3 points and a even greater goal difference over our Champions League rivals. Glad we have a little breathing space, but the Chelsea game could see us sucked back in, must avoid defeat in that game.

We were terrible tonight. Didn't deserve anything from the game due to the way we played, and Wigan put in a great performance.

Saying that, I must say that the refereeing today was terrible with decisions for both sides. First of all, their opening goal was softly ruled out. Secondly, the corner which they scored from should have been a goal-kick for us. Thirdly, there was a clear handball from a cross in the Wigan box. This was painful because the linesman is directly in line with it...shouldn't be allowed to referee if you can't see those decisions. Fourthly, we're lucky Jonny Evans didn't get sent off for a second bookable offence. Lastly, another penalty decision that went against us, when Welbeck was clearly being man-handled whilst on the ball in the box. Now, the cynic in me says that if he had gone down, he would've got the penalty. What does this tell players? :hmm:

Not going to begrudge Wigan the win, because they were much better than us tonight. I want them to stay up. But, disappointed with our performance tonight. We should've lost by more than just one goal.

I wonder where khilafah is.

Oh yeah, that's right, we won.

He's too busy planning a party to celebrate the demise of Rangers.

I wonder where khilafah is.

Oh yeah, that's right, we won.

Steady. The game was hardly free from talking points.

Steady. The game was hardly free from talking points.

Flanaghan should've been sent off in the first half before Doni was. And, whatever anybody says, I think Jones got lucky as well. He should've gone in my opinion. Yakubu was alone in the box and about a metre away from the goal-line. Referee was very lenient, I thought.

Flanaghan should've been sent off in the first half before Doni was. And, whatever anybody says, I think Jones got lucky as well. He should've gone in my opinion. Yakubu was alone in the box and about a metre away from the goal-line. Referee was very lenient, I thought.

Completely agree. I couldn't believe on MotD when the commentator said something about Flanagan only being 18 (swear he said 18, wiki says he's 19) and maybe that's why he let him off. Utter bollocks. I did laugh when he then condemned Doni.

Completely agree. I couldn't believe on MotD when the commentator said something about Flanagan only being 18 (swear he said 18, wiki says he's 19) and maybe that's why he let him off. Utter bollocks. I did laugh when he then condemned Doni.

Yeah, I had a little laugh about that, too. Potentially, Liverpool could have had three players sent off.

It took the piss a little when Liverpool then substituted Flanagan to bring on Jones when Doni had gone off. Although, technically, if Flanagan had gone, then he wouldn't had supplied the back-pass which led to Doni walking. So, hmm. :laughing:

Talking of Liverpool, Director of Football Damien Comolli has been given the chop.

Source*

Losing his head for the good of the King. xD

* Does say mutual consent, however I prefer my sensationalised version.

I'm a Liverpool fan and even I agree with this.

I've been discussing this with my mates and I think that the ref was lenient, purely because he had already sent a keeper off. Had that same situation happened with Doni, then he would have seen a red card, not a yellow.

I have to say, I think that most of the referee/linesman decisions this season have been a joke. In just about every game there has been some form of bad call. I know it happens every season but it just seems to be getting worse.

I have to say, I think that most of the referee/linesman decisions this season have been a joke. In just about every game there has been some form of bad call. I know it happens every season but it just seems to be getting worse.

Totally agree with this. There's a major incorrect decision every other game at the moment.

Yeah Id agree with that. At the time I figured the referee was being lenient due to Doni's sending off. The last few weeks especially just seem to have been terrible for referee decisions.

I dont remember Flanagans tackle well enough to say it was a red card or not but it would surprise me, he was having a terrible match. I dont think he's good enough to be called up as back up.

I'm a Liverpool fan and even I agree with this.

I've been discussing this with my mates and I think that the ref was lenient, purely because he had already sent a keeper off. Had that same situation happened with Doni, then he would have seen a red card, not a yellow.

Agree 100%. I don't think it's even "favouring" certain teams, it seems to be affecting every game on a weekly basis. I am worried for the sport.

The sport needs to evolve because the idea of putting extra officials behind the goals in Europe doesn't work either. It's just adding more likelihood of human error. I would rather have a minute or two minute waiting time whilst the referee looks over a decision using video technology rather than the remaining 30 or 60 mins of a game ruined. And, it doesn't just end there. Team's survival is affected by this. There's a lot at stake here.

Every time the Six Nations comes around and I watch some rugby, I can't help but be completely jealous and in awe of how fluidly their system works. Even Cricket has a very good refereeing system. And Tennis...

Totally agree with this. There's a major incorrect decision every other game at the moment.

It's expected when this clown is the man in charge.

When was it worth watching? :p

;)

It was worth watching when Celtic were the best home team in Football, when Celtic and Rangers both reached European finals. It was good then.