NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2011/2012

Dazzy you keep saying people are looking at the game in such a simple manner . How is it you and only you seem to be able to view a differently to everyone else?

As for the match, was a great experience and I said straight away to my tottenham supporting mate next to me that it wasn't in. Never looked in but that's the ref for you not chelseas fault. I think Spurs had the better game on the first half but we took our chances and Spurs didn't. We then showed more spirit and made more chances to score thus meant we deserved it overall.

I was worrying after Bale's goal whether spurs might then find the energy to win it but they didn't.

Spurs to lose their 4th spot next!

I'm with dazzybee, it's one of those things at 2-0 spurs were incensed by a goal that wasn't and had to pour forward rather than than play the ball around and take their time. I'm gutted for spurs really and it's the second game this season where they've completely fallen apart the other being the Arsenal game.

Here's a better picture of the dodgy goal..

article-2106872-11EB853A000005DC-220_468x233.jpg

Oops sorry, wrong link.

AqlN8bQCQAAOFsK.jpg

From the Mirror.

Here's a better picture of the dodgy goal..

article-2106872-11EB853A000005DC-220_468x233.jpg

Oops sorry, wrong link.

AqlN8bQCQAAOFsK.jpg

From the Mirror.

wtf...ITV showed every angle concievable and it didn't look in at all they ran that computer animated positional thing as well...yet from that angle part of the ball does look over and it's just debatable whether the whole ball is.... It could be a trick of the angle though.

Here is a video:

I mean from there it looks like Assou-Ekotto's foot is definitely in front of the line as his foot hits the floor in front...

Edited by flameboy

If you pause that video when the ball hit's Assou-Ekotto's left foot you can see where the photo has been taken. At that point his right foot is off the floor, his left foot is behind his right foot and the ball hit's his left.

I've tried to screenshot it here, but it's not that great/is really blurry...

2465mjo.jpg

That said, it's still not a goal I don't think, but I can now see why the ref has given it from the angle he was looking at it from.

You only have to look at the pictures from the Grand National photo-finish to see how it can change from different angles.

Well played Wigan, we were crap tonight without Arteta. We had some good chances in the first half but just didn't take them. Although both of their goals had a touch of luck to them, I won't begrudge them the win at all. We absolutely need to beat Chelsea at the weekend, and strangely I can see us doing that a lot easier than this game tonight. Always bottle it against the small clubs, but credit to Wigan, they beat Liverpool, United and us, and should have beat Chelsea.

Can't wait for all the fallout because RVP refused to shake someone's hand. I thought it was only Uruguayans who didn't know how to shake hands.

Sublime player, but can be a prick sometimes.

Yeah even from the photo where it looks almost over it doesn't look like it's completely crossed the line, only most of the ball, but it all has to, right?

Also it looks that way because the photo makes it seem that the ball is just above on top of JT - if it was then it would be virtually over. But if you watch the video you can see that the ball an Assou's feet are forwards and to the right of JT. Terry's position on the ground obscures the way the eye interprets the picture, basically.

ANYWAY, more relevantly today, I watched the last 30 of Arsenal Wigan

roberto-martinez-wigan-laugh-cropped

Looked like a great game! Wigan counter amazingly well, so much pace. Very impressed. Wenger didn't look the happy man..

I didn't even know that the Wigan and Arsenal game was tonight. Completely shocked at the score-line.

Wigan deserve credit. It's a shame that they are fighting to survive every season. But, they are entertaining and I will be disappointed if they get relegated under Martinez.

Wigan shouldn't be where they were with their performances the last few weeks. They play 3-4-3 and it works, but only when they've already gotten themselves into the relegation scrap. I suppose it's too difficult to maintain.

Arsenal missed Arteta, Ramsey again had a shocking game, The front men were all kept quiet and there wasn't really many killer balls, credit to the Wigan work ethic, they deserved the 3 points.

What is this about RvP refusing to shake hands?

Well played Wigan, didn't look like Arsenal offered too much in the second half to be honest.

He had a little scuffle with a wigan player during the match, it looked like the Wigan player went shake his hand at the end, Van Persie went to shake and the Wigan player removed his hand from what it looked like to me, Not much about it, Van Persie was just frustrated.

Edited by James

Wigan shouldn't be where they were with their performances the last few weeks. They play 3-4-3 and it works, but only when they've already gotten themselves into the relegation scrap. I suppose it's too difficult to maintain.

Arsenal missed Arteta, Ramsey again had a shocking game, The front men were all kept quiet and there wasn't really many killer balls, credit to the Wigan work ethic, they deserved the 3 points.

I love the way that Wigan play 3-4-3. It somehow makes them tighter at the back, despite it being an attacking formation. It's nice to see teams using "unconventional" formations in this league. I seem to recall Liverpool giving 3-5-2 a try.

Tonight, Wigan used 3-4-3

Through Plays

Defend the Centre.

I love the way that Wigan play 3-4-3. It somehow makes them tighter at the back, despite it being an attacking formation. It's nice to see teams using "unconventional" formations in this league. I seem to recall Liverpool giving 3-5-2 a try.

Through Plays

Defend the Centre.

Roberto gets 5 star rating and manager of the round. Wigan's form hits the roof.

Roberto gets 5 star rating and manager of the round. Wigan's form hits the roof.

Subject: Increase in Form

Jordi Gomez has recently decided to buy a fireplace for his house. On a recent trip to Ikea, he has spotted John Terry out with his former girlfriend. Jordi confronts the pair and leaves with his head held high and a new found lease of life. Jordi's form dramatically increases.

Through Plays

Defend the Centre.

Indeed, we beat the plastic flag wavers at Stamford Bridge last season playing that. We played it a another time or two at the beginning of the Kings reign.

Indeed, we beat the plastic flag wavers at Stamford Bridge last season playing that. We played it a another time or two at the beginning of the Kings reign.

It's actually a really good formation, and can be used for attack or defence. It more or less relies on that sweeper between the two centre-backs. It's something that isn't really done these days. Teams just tend to play 4-4-2 or 4-3-3.

Urgh. Even with our two games in hand, I still think we'll go down.

We've had a nightmare this season in midfield with Chung Yong Lee and Holden being injured all season and then what happened to Muamba last month.

But credit where it's due to Wigan.

We were so sloppy and naive tonight. As if we'd win just by turning up. I can't imagine the players weren't aware of Wigan's recent results and how they're fighting to stay up. So it begs the question, why do we always struggle to be 'up' for the smaller teams.

Ridiculous night, let everyone below us in with a chance and heaps more importance on Saturday's match against Chelsea. Where we are likely to be without Arteta, who has his foot in a protective boot thing. Bugger.

Arensal make me sick sometimes. We get is the worst loser I've ever witnessed, he NEVER gives teams credit when they lose and how often does he sulk at the end and not shake hands and such? Seems van persie has learnt this wonderful behaviour.

Obviously very good result for spurs. A admittedly pathetic source of happiness in bad times for me. Now with Chelsea and away at stoke in the next two, the league is looking interesting again!

Arensal make me sick sometimes. We get is the worst loser I've ever witnessed, he NEVER gives teams credit when they lose and how often does he sulk at the end and not shake hands and such? Seems van persie has learnt this wonderful behaviour.

Obviously very good result for spurs. A admittedly pathetic source of happiness in bad times for me. Now with Chelsea and away at stoke in the next two, the league is looking interesting again!

"I do not want to look for excuses. I congratulate Wigan, they did well, but whether it's tonight or in another game, the referee has to act."

Looks to me like he congratulated Wigan on their performance.

Source

"They defended well. We had a tremendous amount of possession but didn't create a lot in the second half."

Credit for their defending.

Source

Check mate?