NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2011/2012

Apart from the fact that the money THFC will generate for the council, TFL and local businesses over a prolonged period will pale in comparison to what the Government and local council could achieve, the ?17 million is barely 3% of the overall cost. It's being used to regenerate the local area with a new supermarket, hotel e.t.c. Do some research.

Also, if you want to moan about a valid waste of taxpayers' money. The Redknapp court case would be a great place to start.

Arsenal moved and rebuilt a new waste disposal centre and a post sorting office (if I'm not mistaken). We've built hundreds of flats in Highbury and around the new ground. The local authorities gave the club nothing, TFL promised to improve Holloway Road station and have now dropped all plans. It's nothing more than Boris bullshit after the riots.

Interview he gave. I'll find the video and post it (it's in frnch though)

I've seen his quotes, and I'm pretty sure him saying he has agreed terms would be the headline. Yet I can't find it at all.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17025344

If Barca or Real come in for him, he's going there. :p

If we get top 4, why wouldn't he consider us?

Who cares, Downing is twice the player of him. :cry:

Arsenal moved and rebuilt a new waste disposal centre and a post sorting office (if I'm not mistaken). We've built hundreds of flats in Highbury and around the new ground. The local authorities gave the club nothing, TFL promised to improve Holloway Road station and have now dropped all plans. It's nothing more than Boris bullshit after the riots.

You're joking?! Middle class highbury and idling ton is most definitely the same as rebuilding tottenhan....

You're joking?! Middle class highbury and idling ton is most definitely the same as rebuilding tottenhan....

Around the old stadium may be "middle class", but the other side, on Holloway Road where I live, where lots of the development has happened, is far from middle class.

And if this news is accurate, Spurs now will have even less responsibility for "developing the area". So it will be even worse if they get money from the government/Boris now.

I hope Spurs crumble. Some of the shit I'm reading these days is stupid.

"Probably linked with every striker in the world three times over"? REALLY?.

I hope Spurs crumble. Some of the shit I'm reading these days is stupid.

"Probably linked with every striker in the world three times over"? REALLY?.

You're misinterpreting me there. What I mean by that is we'll most likely be looking at bringing in 2 or maybe 3 strikers in the summer. So these bullshit people who claim to be ITK and the media will be linking us with every flipping striker under the sun, you just know it. Just take a look at the summer window, on the last day of the window we were linked with half of the strikers in La Liga (not literally).

What did you think I meant by that?

Oh and I hope Chelsea crumble due the fact that everything about the club makes me gag. :)

Also, has anyone heard of this Uvini bloke we've signed on loan?

Edited by spirited away

You're misinterpreting me there. What I mean by that is we'll most likely be looking at bringing in 2 or maybe 3 strikers in the summer. So these bullshit people who claim to be ITK and the media will be linking us with every flipping striker under the sun, you just know it. Just take a look at the summer window, on the last day of the window we were linked with half of the strikers in La Liga (not literally).

What did you think I meant by that?

Oh and I hope Chelsea crumble due the fact that everything about the club makes me gag. :)

That's the thing, I don't know it. I'm sure you've got third place all wrapped up, but don't go thinking you're the business yet again. Too many yids are elevating Spurs to a level people just laugh at.

I interpreted your comment as though everyone all of a sudden wants to go to Tottenham, that isn't going to happen.

That's the thing, I don't know it. I'm sure you've got third place all wrapped up, but don't go thinking you're the business yet again. Too many yids are elevating Spurs to a level people just laugh at.

I interpreted your comment as though everyone all of a sudden wants to go to Tottenham, that isn't going to happen.

Nah, not what I mean whatsoever. My point is that we're going to be basically overhauling our strike-force in the summer, so we're going to get linked to a ridiculous number of strikers, fact. Most of these players will never have expressed any interest in the club, and it will just be tabloid papers shovelling shit. It happens with all clubs.

You're always going to get delusional fans (the gooners on this board for example - ;)) but I think the vast majority are Spurs fans are realistic about our position. I don't personally take any notice of people who say "calm down you're not all that great", especially not Chelsea fans. I mean, p-off, we're enjoying how our team is playing, crane your neck in (general point).

On the contrary I think Spurs fans as a whole are generally quite pessimistic about our success, because we're not used to having such a good team, and being let-down so infrequently.

3rd is a long way off being wrapped up.

I tried embedding but don't know how. Anyone help?

Hazard chatting about Spurs!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coI_U4NFfZ0&feature=related

As for unrealistic spurs fans etc. Wish other fans would ram it to be honest, we're playing AMAZING football, we have a (slim) chance of winning the league - let us enjoy it for God sake. You can only work in the now. And right now we are far superior than the team with only a 10 year history and the goons (and Obviously Liverpool too but they are so far behind). It's a fact. Do we all think it will last? Probably not, Harry will leave, Bale and Modric could quite easily leave, Adebayor is essential in the way we play and we have a massive stadium to fund; it's not going to be easy. But we're awesome now and we want to enjoy it.

You can just quote my post to find out. :heh:

Just use the YouTube tags and paste in the bolded part of the YouTube address:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coI_U4NFfZ0

Why the hell did Arsenal register Henry as one of their 25 players when he can only play 1 game? Whoever got left out of the squad as a result must be mighty pissed. I guess though if he scores and gives them an away win or even away goal then its worth it.

I don't get how people we are miles away from everyone else. We are 4 points behind 4th, and we have the easiest run in ever.

I'd also say we have been disappointing this season, we are capable of alot more. If our finishing had been as good as the top teams, we would be right up there. Apparently we've had more shots than United, and look where they are.

I don't get how people we are miles away from everyone else. We are 4 points behind 4th, and we have the easiest run in ever.

I'd also say we have been disappointing this season, we are capable of alot more. If our finishing had been as good as the top teams, we would be right up there. Apparently we've had more shots than United, and look where they are.

Still the same could be said of Arsenal, not including van Persie but you can't rely on 1 striker week in week out especially considering all the games we play. It's why 4th place is being coveted by 4 teams who are struggling for consistency (And Newcastle punching above their weight).

Why the hell did Arsenal register Henry as one of their 25 players when he can only play 1 game? Whoever got left out of the squad as a result must be mighty pissed. I guess though if he scores and gives them an away win or even away goal then its worth it.

Almunia got dropped out, he won't be playing for the club again.

Almunia got dropped out, he won't be playing for the club again.

Bit risky What if you get a goalkeeping crisis.

Cracking goal from the ex-Pompey man! So depressing to think we used up have players like that!

I was about to tweet that Kevin Prince Boateng is a quality player. Then he scored. So now he's just a scummy ex-spurs player :p Well taken goal though.

It is amazing that his last club before Milan was Pompey. Despite living in Southampton, I had a real affection for them, and just a couple of years back they had so many quality players who have gone onto success elsewhere now.

PS. I hate Clive Tyldesley and Andy Townsend. Awful commentators.

Clive is ok, but Townsend is terrible. Amazed he is still allowed to commentate.

2-0 to Milan now. Been disappointed with what Arsenal have shown so far. Too much time for Milan on the ball and they're just finding all the right passes. When Arsenal have the ball, there's nobody in the box to cross it to, and Milan have defended the centre well.

The variation in attack from Milan is a joy to watch. Ibrahim still has it.

Arsenal have one tactic going forward at the moment: pass to Van Persie. That's a bit difficult when he's being surrounded by the Milan back-line.

We've been terrible so far.

And Koscielny injured is bad news, Vermaelen has had a shocker so far.

Henry and the Ox on soon please! I'd be happy taking at 2-1 defeat back to the Emirates.

It really depends now how up for it Milan are in the second half. If they wanted to, I reckon they could score another 2 goals.

Can't see Arsenal scoring unless OxCham comes on. Even then, Milan have defended pretty well. They won't let in any easy goals.

3-0 Final score I reckon.