NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2011/2012

Apparantly the Meireles thing was handed in this morning, Liverpool prolonging the statement for some reason, seems he might be narked liverpool never offered him a better contract after a gentleman agreement when he signed for us last season that they would.

Me three, You got a quality player, so gutted to see him go! (if he does)

2310: Confirmed: Chelsea have signed Raul Meireles. And Arsenal have signed Mikel Arteta and let Nicklas Bendtner join Sunderland on loan. Phew.

We have our man Arteta, with Benayoun 2 playmakers, great news there, now to wait and see if Wenger has invested well despite this last mad trolley dash.

RaulSwearing.jpg

That must have been for the fans..

I already made a joke in the chatroom about that :p Yours was funnier though.

I must say that I was very surprised with us getting Meireles too... but still, very nice, decent player!

Well that was exciting.

When ever have Arsenal signed five players in two days before. Absolute madness, but I love it.

Wenger is so cheeky! He basically bought Arteta whilst showing his troll-face.

Never knew he had it in him. Must've got himself wasted beforehand before he made that offer.

Also, that Meireles deal is just...so dodgy. Chelsea with their underhand tactics again. :heh:

Well that was exciting.

When ever have Arsenal signed five players in two days before. Absolute madness, but I love it.

So true.

My only complaints lies with the Benayoun loan, would have preferred a real top tier talent like Hazard or M'Vila. However, you leave it late and you have to accept what's available.

Very pleased we got Santos, I've no idea how good he is. But a left back was necessary. Mertesacker and Arteta are good signings.

Add into that we got Gervinho who looks class, except when it comes to slapping. Chu Young Park and a lot of young players. Very busy summer and lots of players sold, released or loaned.

Interesting to see how the new teams all work out now, then! Plenty of movement with Arsenal, Chelsea and Man City to make us have to re-evaluate each of their performances after a few matches. Whose to say how things'll go?

Though it is possible that Arsenal may not recover from

Wenger is so cheeky! He basically bought Arteta whilst showing his troll-face.

Never knew he had it in him. Must've got himself wasted beforehand before he made that offer.

Also, that Meireles deal is just...so dodgy. Chelsea with their underhand tactics again. :heh:

Not at all. Arteta's well past his best... it's been ages since he's taken an decent freekick, or a corner where the ball's got past the first player. I'm actually glad we got £10m for him, especially at his age! He's certainly no replacement for Fabregas or Nasri..

Though it is possible that Arsenal may not recover from

How peculiar. It appears the forum ate two of my words.. :bouncy:

Well I woke up this morning to see we lost Raul. Very very surprised to be honest and it's a shame to see him go, the only thing I will say is that he was always a hodgeson player and I trust kenny to know what he is doing. It's not like we are short in midfield anyway.

Absolutely astounded Spurs have kept Modric. Their midfield is looking absolutely lethal but with just one striker they might still find it difficult to finish. They're in a better position than they were with Crouch though either way.

Something has gone on there with Meireles, handed in a transfer request 30 mins before 11pm, then he's a Chelski player half-an-hour later. I'm not too bothered really, we got £12m for a 28 year old who isn't a starter and didn't want to be here, it's just one of those niggling things that slightly takes away from the wonderful transfer window we've had.

I think they wanted him to hand it in so it looks like he wasn't pushed out the club, he 'wanted' to leave.

Apparently Liverpool told the Echo that they had no intention of selling him until he handed in his transfer request. I think he was upset about not being first team, and that he didn't get his contract renewed. It was the previous owners that gave him that promise.

For those of you that refuse to watch England, can't watch England or want to watch Spain or Chile, ITV 4 are showing the friendly tonight between Spain and Chile at 7:45pm :)

So apparently, Bendtner has made a vow to make a permanent move away from the Emirates and says he'll never play in an Arsenal shirt again.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11670_7143522,00.html

I think time will tell whether he will be missed or not, short term I'm sure most gooners are glad to be rid of him.

I've just had enough this summer of players who don't want to play for us. If that's the case, piss off we don't want you.

Without getting carried away Park Chu-Young scored a some what decent hat trick for South Korea against Lebanon today.

Van Persie got 4 in the Netherlands 11-0 win over San Marino and Ramsey got 1 in Wales 2-1 win over Montenegro. Theo Walcott didn't look his best today though which is a shame.

Van Persie got 4 in the Netherlands 11-0 win over San Marino and Ramsey got 1 in Wales 2-1 win over Montenegro. Theo Walcott didn't look his best today though which is a shame.

I was impressed with theo tonight, think he's having a good season so far.

Park also scored a hat trick against Lebanon for South Korea.