NEurope
Retro_Link

Epic Games Hint Wii U Support

http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=15656

E3 2011: Mark Rein Teases Wii U Support

Vice president and co-founder of Epic Games hints at Wii U support.

The Wii has never seen support from developers Epic Games due to not being able to run Unreal Engine 3. For keen eye viewers who watched the 3rd party sizzle real at Nintendo's conference will no doubt be aware that titles that uses the engine was displayed.

Epic Games has previously mentioned they would work on a Nintendo console should it be able to support Unreal Engine 3, and this prompted one person to ask if Epic Games would finnly develop a title for Wii U. The full response can be found below.

"RT @Michael_French @MarkRein So that means you're supporting Wii U? ;) <--No announcement to make today but let's just way "Water meet fish""

Will the Wii U get Epic Games support? Stay with us for more updates.

Yes please!

Rumours are going around that they actually developed that demo video with the bird. Makes sense after reading the water/fish quote and seeing what happened in the video.

Rumours are going around that they actually developed that demo video with the bird. Makes sense after reading the water/fish quote and seeing what happened in the video.

Don't Epic's tech demos usually end up turning into games?

Don't Epic's tech demos usually end up turning into games?

I have no idea. ::shrug: I was just posting what was circulating on various boards last night. :D

Actually now you mention it, it does have that kind of look to it... like the cutscenes in Gears that show the planet before the war.

I can't help think of this Gamecube tech demo though...

Not even Twilight Princess (the last Gamecube game) has environments that looked that good. :p

Mind you Metroid was probably the pinacle of Gamecube graphics.

Edited by Retro_Link

I'm sure in the Reggie interview he said it was developed at Nintendo of Japan

I'm sure in the Reggie interview he said it was developed at Nintendo of Japan

Wrong, he wouldn't tell.

I thought he said he wouldn't tell, then when it was said "but it's Nintendo of Japan" he said yeah... Who's got the interviews?

He said it was NoJ that did Zelda, Reggie said he wasn't telling who done the bird/water demo. Same we wouldn't say if it was Retro.

News just in, generic space marines with big guns increase their stranglehold on the games industry.

The "Water meet Fish" remark was a reference to him saying "If there was a Nintendo console that could handle our engine we'd be on it like water on a fish" a few months back.

Actually now you mention it, it does have that kind of look to it... like the cutscenes in Gears that show the planet before the war.

I can't help think of this Gamecube tech demo though...

Not even Twilight Princess (the last Gamecube game) has environments that looked that good. :p

Mind you Metroid was probably the pinacle of Gamecube graphics.

Hell, the Bird demo doesn't look that good let alone GC games.

That's an FMV and the bird demo from a very early dev kit did it in real time. Not to bad I say. The one set in Japan apparently blows the one we seen out of the water.

What sort of stuff is Epic Games responsible for? Ah yes...

News just in, generic space marines with big guns increase their stranglehold on the games industry.

Third parties + hardcore. Woot. :blank:

Looks like the only RPGs we are gonna see in future are the rocket propelled variety.

What sort of stuff is Epic Games responsible for?

shot1.png

BELIEVE!!!!!!!!

Edited by Fused King

Looks like the only RPGs we are gonna see in future are the rocket propelled variety.

Don't say that! I'm saddened by the lack of RPGs at E3 this year :blank:

Pesky FPS whoring.

Don't say that! I'm saddened by the lack of RPGs at E3 this year :blank:

Pesky FPS whoring.

Wasn't Skyrim at E3? They definitely had a media blowout and it looked good. If they put it on the WiiU, like they did with Oblivion on the PS3 later, that would be a pretty big RPG to go with.

Also related to the thread: Mass Effect is based on the Unreal 3 engine. That's another other RPG series of recent years. MS has the (publishing?) rights to the first (or something), but a ME collection containing 2 and 3 for the WiiU? Especially after EA pledged their support, that doesn't sound too unlikely.

Of course, by the time the WiiU is out, these will be "old" games. Still, there should be enough Nintendo customers who wouldn't mind trying them and haven't had a chance until now.

shot1.png

BELIEVE!!!!!!!!

Has anyone on here actually ever played a Jazz Jackrabbit game?

Yes mentally when I was younger on the PC with my friend. :D

It is one of my favouritist gamesssssssss. :yay::bouncy:

I was always Spaz. :grin:

Got well excited when I found out Epic Games made that as well because I also love Gears of War. :heart:

I'm assuming you, or you wouldn't have posted about the series to begin with? :heh:

I used to love Jazz Jackrabbit 2 back in the day. It had co-op before it was cool for platformers to have it! :hehe:

I'm assuming you, or you wouldn't have posted about the series to begin with? :heh:

I used to love Jazz Jackrabbit 2 back in the day. It had co-op before it was cool for platformers to have it! :hehe:

Yes, Yes!

would very much like to see it return!

What sort of stuff is Epic Games responsible for? Ah yes...

Third parties + hardcore. Woot. :blank:

Epic Games gave us the awesome Shadow Complex, a great Metroid/Castlevania type side-scroller which I'm sure Wii fans would've loved.
Abso-frickin'-lutely! Takes me back to my primary school days when only my mate's top of the range 75Mhz Gateway Pentium II could play games so awesome.

I actually thought Jazz Jackrabbit was a killer game back in the day.

The bonus stages were just awesomeness :D