NEurope
daftada

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Seconding the idea of using Miis for the game, could be even more interesting if random/other/special Miis could move in too! Certainly liking the idea of being able to change shop opening times, giving more room to fit things around your current lifestyle. I'd love to see more content really before I make up my mind, but tbh it's one of my 'most likely' games if it's got a decent online infrastructure and a lot of you folks have it, would totes be up for visiting towns and stuff. Wonder if they'll work a comms system like HoR's voice chat in, too. Or possibly something like what I've heard they've got in Journey, a non-verbal communication system sort of dealie?

A few new details:

- Can place a Reset Management Center. Mr. Resetti will appear after you have placed this on the map.

- Return of Don Resetti.

- Brewster's Coffee Shop is separate and you can build it. If you go there a lot you can begin a 'part-time job'.

- Can drink coffee outside.

- Can build two types of Police Stations. The police officer will vary by the type you choose.

- New Villager: Hamsuke, a hamster, born May 30th. Brisk personality.

- New Villager: Brittany, a pig, born November 14th. Mature personality.

- New Villager: Anthony, a horse, born May 22. Smug Personality.

- New Personality: Smug; talks indirectly but acts like a gentleman. Pure, so you can't hate them.

- New Villager: Takoya, an octopus, born March 8th. Shaped like takoyaki. Carefree personality.

- New Villager: Frappe, a penguin, born February 22nd, lively personality.

- Lyle now works for the Happy Home Academy.

- Picnics available (blanket, chairs, picnic basket)

- New flowers.

- Return of cherry blossoms.

- Can eat ice-cream cones.

- Seen planting the tree seen on the box art. This is your first act as Mayor. It will grow as your city does.

- Can build camping grounds, bridges, wells, jungle gyms, benches, and those face-hole photograph things.

- Receive donations from villagers and even other players to fund the building.

- Clothing types: Tops, bottoms, dresses, shoes, socks, hats, accessories.

Source: Gonintendo>NeoGAF

Nintendo Japan's holding a Nintendento Direct dedicated solely to Animal Crossing this Friday - surely this will be the best ND of them all... :D

523220_10151438591235744_1280978414_n.jpg

Will be released in Japan as an Animal Crossing bundle.

Doesn't look as good as other Special 3DS consoles.

Edited by -Dem0-

I seriously need this game! The ND has just confirmed that this will be the best Animal Crossing ever, the amount of content and potential for customisation is insane. :o

I was smiling so much during the DJ K.K part, that my face almost exploded! :D

Easily my most anticipated title now. Oh man, please don't make Europe wait too long!! :hmm:

This is going to be my most played 3DS game, absolutely sure of it. :)

Here's a YT version of the ND:

(Check out 34:30 for the DJ K.K awesomeness! :grin:)

Haah I'm glad I'm not the only one who watched it! The nintedo direct was amazing!

This game will be the best Animal Crossing game ever released, there's just such a load of new content, it's really everywhere!

I really love the efforts the team made to renew the franchise and god the visuals are so so beautiful!

Surely my most anticipated title like in 5 years time

Also the music that plays when it's 7PM is so nice to listen at!!

Edited by M_rock

I lost ineterst in this series way back in Wild World and LGTTC was embarrassingly thin on new content. All I see here is some nice but very slight additions and a mixing up a pretty formulaic experience. I loved the original GC version, but they've barely progressed the series since then.

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!!

ac15.jpg

DJ KK!!!!! I FUCKING APPROVE!!! :bowdown:

BTW, this is easily the biggest jump the series has ever seen. This is Streetpass' big killer app! (exchanging designs, houses, villagers and even entire TOWNS!? YES!!!!) It does everything that I was hoping that City Folk would do with Wii Connect 24 (before it turned out to be a dud)

The shift to being the mayor and being able to redesign town elements, shops and even hosting donations for new town features is exactly the shot in the arm that the series needed!

CAN'T FUCKING WAIT!!! :bouncy:

I lost ineterst in this series way back in Wild World and LGTTC was embarrassingly thin on new content. All I see here is some nice but very slight additions and a mixing up a pretty formulaic experience. I loved the original GC version, but they've barely progressed the series since then.

I'm a huge Animal Crossing fan, I can't deny that LGTTC was indeed not much more than a wild world port to the wii. I was shocked nintendo pulled of such a lame sequel. But when I look at these new gameplay elements for the 3DS version, it's clear to see so much more effort was put into this! I mean there's actually stuff to do when you have people over in your town, activities are for up to 4 people (like the minigame island), and almost everything in the game can be customised to your liking. Decorating the outside of your town with paths, bushes and etc can really be used to create very unique towns! I just can see myself putting hours and hours in creating a town with a layout to my liking. And then I haven't even started talking about the ability to redesign/ recolor the furniture. The game makes actually interesting use of streetpass, it doesn't just exchange records, you can receive other player's houses and I think that's really cool.

The animal npc's in your town seem to be much more intelligent than the animals in the previous versions too, they are able to go shopping and actually do things in your town in stead of just randomly walking around or sitting in their houses. It just makes the whole game so much more believable and well it just comes more to life :)

All I see here is some nice but very slight additions and a mixing up a pretty formulaic experience. I loved the original GC version, but they've barely progressed the series since then.
Are you avin' a giraffe, dave?! :heh:

They appear to have made additions to pretty much every single aspect of the game! Sure, some might be slight, but overall the amount of new content on display is highly impressive.

What I see is the perfect fusion of every AC title so far, all of the best bits from each game seem to be included (minus the NES games, obviously), plus loads of new stuff too.

This is what AC on Wii should have been! :hehe:

Most importantly (from a gameplay perspective) they've added improved activities for multiplayer, those games that take place on the island look like a right laugh.

I completely understood how people were disappointed with LGTTC, but I don't see how any fan of the AC series could look at what's on offer with the 3DS version and not be peeing their pants in anticipation. :laughing:

but I don't see how any fan of the AC series could look at what's on offer with the 3DS version and not be peeing their pants in anticipation. :laughing:

Finally someone who understands my feelings hahaha :laughing:

@RedShell

giraffe.gif

I just don't see anything that new enough; not for someone who has spent probably hundreds of hours in the franchise. Yes, I see plenty of refinements and a bunch of improvements but an awful lot of peripheral tinkering - not enough for me to think its going to offer a significantly different experience. Maybe I'm just all AC'd out. Or, maybe the proverb once bitten, twice shy, thrice I say no, no buy has more to do with it. As much as the I love the franchise in its Gamecube form (those scribbled codes!), this one is just not rocking my boat.

I just don't see anything that new enough; not for someone who has spent probably hundreds of hours in the franchise. Yes, I see plenty of refinements and a bunch of improvements but an awful lot of peripheral tinkering - not enough for me to think its going to offer a significantly different experience. Maybe I'm just all AC'd out. Or, maybe the proverb once bitten, twice shy, thrice I say no, no buy has more to do with it. As much as the I love the franchise in its Gamecube form (those scribbled codes!), this one is just not rocking my boat.
Fair enough, I'd say it's definitely just you being AC'd out though.

I've also put hundreds of (actually... over a thousand :blush:) hours into the franchise, but I'm still really looking forward to this.

Or perhaps I'm just braindead. :heh:

Still can't believe you can't SELL designs, or favourite designers and such. This is the most interesting aspect and they haven't pushed it far enough. The designing aspect looks great, but the social, economy aspect is too weak.

You could just play the game mean and redesign an entire furniture set, keep the design to yourself only, and sell the furniture on wifi for double the price eheheheh >: )

>Not unconditionally loving the Animal Crossing franchise

Some of you guys make me SICK.

Online details in english please.

Cool I want wait for this game

Thats not your catchphrase Canand.

Edited by lostmario
Automerged Doublepost

Unconditional love is the most beautiful love though haha! ;)

I agree though, milking franchises is one of the things I really really hate, but that being said, I still believe there is more than enough new content in this game to give it an honest chance. I mean other games do exactly the same, after all everybody loves Pokémon Black and White. Those games are also fairly true to the classic formula, but with some added changes. Don't get me wrong, I love the pokémon games, and I love playing them, but a lot of franchises do follow some sort of formula. The same for Mario Kart games, etc etc. I'm just trying to say that working by some sort of formula to make the games isn't necessarily bad, as long as they keep adding enough fresh ideas to the mix.

Online details in english please.

This would be my time to shine BUT, I made obligations to be social and attended an 'all you can drink' whilst the stream was still going! Sorry!

That Nintendo Direct certainly lived up to my expectations of being my favourite so far - quite an achievement, considering that I had no idea what anyone was saying! I love all the new features they showed from the game, including all the customisation, the StreetPass functionality and the island. So jealous of Japan getting it in a month's time, whilst we have no idea when it'll be out here...

My most anticipated game since before the 3ds launched. The waiting game has never felt so hard.