NEurope
daftada

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Could it mean that, now that one can become mayor, one could come up with a business plan to attract more villagers, businesses, and the like?

I had such a great time with AC:WW online for at least a year, so, if this new iteration brings A LOT of new things to the table (including decent voice/video chat) I might just be up for some F.R.I.E.N.D.S. shennanigens.

If you're unable to put items outside of your house, we'll just look for a pond :laughing:

I used to love the online features of Wild World too! It was the first Nintendo game I played which felt as though it had proper online (What with the ability to SPEAK to each other and such). Treasure hunts, hide and seek, fishing... all things that are terrible in real life but so much better when played under the watchful eyes of onlooking animal villagers in comical clothing.

And yes, a pond will do, I'm sure we can settle for a more low budget version of F.R.I.E.N.D.S, Chums perhaps? (SM:TV reference of the day)

SPeaking in Wild World? Why don't I remember that? Unless you're thinking of City Folk?

Oh yeah I'm getting them confused :P It was Wii Speak voice chat in City Folk and text based chat in Wild World.

Anyone else downloaded the 3D trailer? I think the 3D looks great, despite the low quality of the video, i'm a bit too hyped for this - especially as it's nowhere near to release. Please Nintendo, I want it now.

Anyone else downloaded the 3D trailer? I think the 3D looks great, despite the low quality of the video, i'm a bit too hyped for this - especially as it's nowhere near to release. Please Nintendo, I want it now.

Yeah I seen it but I don't think it was a 3D trailer.

Nintendo released a bunch of 3D trailers on the 3DS e-shop this week, Animal Crossing was one of them. You should check it out canand.

If you want enhancements how about being mayor? I know it's been thrown around a lot but apparently it's true... And with it cones more direct village customisation... I reckon you start with a bare bones town and later choose to add lamp-posts, and benches... And I'm hoping you have to choose where they go also... Even that would be enough for me... I buy every version anyway so I will absolutely get this, no question.

It's already been pretty much confirmed that you're going to be the mayor of the town in this one.

Same. Loved the swimming aspect. It's a great kick-back and relax kinda game.

More details have been released at the 3DS event in Japan. There is a longer trailer and a few new images on the Japanese site here.

It has been reconfirmed that you take on the role of mayor of the town, with sources stating that you have your own assistant. The title will take advantage of streetpass to trade house data with other 3ds owners you come across and, as promised at e3, there will be much more scope for customisation within the 3ds version.

Altogether this has got me even more hyped to get stuck in to a new Animal Crossing adventure, it's just a shame we're going to have to wait until next year.

The Streetpass stuff sounds awesome. About time that they're doing something new! (AC Wii was such a huge disappointment)

Still, it's not enough on its own. I need to know more about what being the mayor actually entails in terms of gameplay.

I just can't wait to play this! The animal crossing series just have sooo much charm! I hope there are lots of new festivals and events though, the streetpass feature sound great!

What is up with people not liking Let's Go to the City, by the way? What made it so much worse than the others?

Sure, it didn't have the pictures from Wild World, but... that's about the only thing they removed, and they gave us the entire city, better graphics, screenshots and many more awesome features.

I just don't get it - LGttC is easily my favourite Animal Crossing game so far and I can't see any reason to think of it as worse than the previous games...

Aaanyways...

AC3DS is looking great, but I wish we could get more than a few details every third month... :P

The City was the biggest disappointment for me personally - it was more like a small hamlet than a bustling City.

Love the look of this, but I can't help but pine for the top-down view of the Cube version :(

Here's an image of what a basic town will look like and it appears a lot of exciting than in previous iterations.

animalcrossing3ds.jpg

Nintendo appear to have cobbled together the best bits from the previous games and created a larger gameworld to explore. The train from the original appears to have returned, along with an island to explore. The town itself appears to be a mishmash of the classic town layout and the city area from 'City Folk'.

Nintendo certainly seem to be taking their time with this version, having been unveiled at e3 2010 and not slated for release until Spring of 2012, they have had plenty of time to implement new features and give fans of the series what they were looking for.

I'd love to be able to explore caves and forests but unfortunately it looks like they won't get round to that this time.

Edited by killthenet

Here's an image of what a basic town will look like and it appears a lot of exciting than in previous iterations.

animalcrossing3ds.jpg

Nintendo appear to have cobbled together the best bits from the previous games and created a larger gameworld to explore. The train from the original appears to have returned, along with an island to explore. The town itself appears to be a mishmash of the classic town layout and the city area from 'City Folk'.

Nintendo certainly seem to be taking their time with this version, having been unveiled at e3 2010 and not slated for release until Spring of 2012, they have had plenty of time to implement new features and give fans of the series what they were looking for.

I'd love to be able to explore caves and forests but unfortunately it looks like they won't get round to that this time.

Wow that looks incredible. I only rented City Folk and soon got bored, not a batch on the gamecube version but wow this really looks different enough to be awesome.

I'm still not sure about this one.. It still doesn't have the killer hook that makes me think it's going to be different enough from the previous versions. Saying that, though, that drawing certainly gives me hope.

I haven't played an Animal Crossing since the one on the GameCube, but I'm interested in this just because it's on the 3DS. The machine has such good connectivity - StreetPass, SpotPass and even the internet works fine, which I think translates into a lot of potential.

The only thing that'd put me off would be if you still had to keep the villagers happy by writing letters and going to see them. It got to the point where I thought to myself "Why am I writing letters to ducks?" and I never touched it again!

I'm still not sure about this one.. It still doesn't have the killer hook that makes me think it's going to be different enough from the previous versions. Saying that, though, that drawing certainly gives me hope.

Yeah, I know what you mean. The picture @killthenet posted looks promising. I hope the additions they are making freshen the Animal Crossing formula up - we all know how addictive it is but its definitely becoming a bit tired after three games with minimal differences.

It got to the point where I thought to myself "Why am I writing letters to ducks?" and I never touched it again!

Yeah I took a few lengthy breaks from the DS one as I was like "am I really this concerned about picking apples?" or whatever menial task. It was a reality check. :laughing:

The Wii one I played to death for only about a month and one day never played it again. ::shrug: There was no conscious decision on my part. Funnily enough, Animal Crossing still stands as one of my most played Wii games, if not the most played. It was great fun for a few weeks that December. *reminisces*

Same here.

It's probably because it's so open world and all, and has INSANELY MUCH potential!

I mean, it's basically 'a life', so, for example, they could throw in numerous professions for us to engage in, but then the other animal villagers might feel obliged to work, thus creating a non-harmonious society.

What they could also throw in is loads of traditional Japanese games, and other fun activities to play with your friends, instead of playing chess with flowers or something like that. It does get the creative juices flowing, all those limitations, but there's only so much you can do with flowers, fruit, fish, and the like....

I'll keep an eye on this new iteration, but,....*sigh* sadly, it does look like they will just add a few new aspects and let the core 'gameplay' revolve around hording stuff.

(Watch it as Totaku plays a new KK Slider song at the end!)

- As mayor, you can develop your village if you so choose.

- Characters are taller, so now have top and bottom halves for dressing. (Boys can dress in drag if they are that way inclined... :wtf:)

- The difference in height in the villagers is also more pronounced now.

- You can add things like benches and street lamps to make your village look pretty and to add character.

- The beach area is bigger, as is the village in general.

- Shopping mall across the railroad track. (Replicates the city maybe?)

- You get a secretary, Shizu, to support your duties.

- You can take your furniture to a shop to have it personalised. Like you can change the cushion patterns for your sofa to a heart shape.

- You can change the outer walls, the fence, and even mail posts. House designs can be exchanged via StreetPass.

- Tom Nook is now an estate agent who sells you these model homes you get through StreetPass.

yjdLr.png

Saw this, and, although a lot of change is coming, these changes seem quite subtle.

I'm not asking for a complete overhaul, but there's more to a village than just buying stuff, catching things and talking to your neigbours!

Keeping a close and watchful eye on this one.

Voice-chat please :D