NEurope
daftada

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Admittedly, I'm going to very bias so you guys hit the nail on the head haha

Love this franchise too much

Ooooh, guess what arrived a day earlier than the tracking information said it was due to be delivered?

One little impression so far before I go into biased detail later, and spoilered just in case people don't want to know much about the beginning..

I am the fucking mayor of this town Tom Nook, who the hell do you think you are giving me a tent for the night? It's snowing you bastard!

I think there are a lot of people on here who are envious of Debug Mode right now.. I've been waiting for this game for so long.. I think I'm a little obsessed with it!

It's gone past 10pm here, so guess which game isn't worth playing until morning? :P

Can't post too much about my impressions to be honest, because not much has happened thanks to the whole "Oh thanks for doing all the things I advised you to do, have a good rest and come back tomorrow!" bull shit.

Every time I've seen you online, you've always been playing Bravely Default.

But I guess now it's gonna be AC.

Made myself a new AC-themed sig. :) That Rhythm Paradise one was getting a bit old.

Every time I've seen you online, you've always been playing Bravely Default.

But I guess now it's gonna be AC.

Still got a lot more of Bravely to do from the looks of things, so I'll be playing that too once I can no longer make loadsamoney past 10pm.

Can you really not do much past 10pm? That's when I play games! :heh: I do remember with the GameCube original, all I did at night was dig up fossils and such, only to receive letters from my neighbours (effectively) telling me I was anti-social!

Can you really not do much past 10pm? That's when I play games! :heh: I do remember with the GameCube original, all I did at night was dig up fossils and such, only to receive letters from my neighbours (effectively) telling me I was anti-social!

Nope, not really! Turns out you can alternatively sell stuff to the recycle shop (you can display stuff like furniture on the shelves for other people to buy, I imagine that's a street pass feature) and the alpaca that runs the place will buy your fish and bugs from you. I can see why they did this, because the game is effectively not as fun without being able to sell stuff when one of those dreaded renovations for the store comes. But I can't seem to see how they've balanced this, as the recycle shop offered me 1000 bells extra for all of my fish than Nook's little shit of a son offered me.

Hopefully when my house gets built (presumably when I wake up later on), I can start to do the streetpass stuff as I've just not been offered it yet and I've checked all the settings and locations.

So far, I'm enjoying it but the start is just as slow as per usual. It sort of hits home just how daunting the localisation task is considering most of the puns that they use.

You can change the times shops are open and stuff so you can have them be open after 10pm if you want. Extra benefit of being the mayor ;).

You can change the times shops are open and stuff so you can have them be open after 10pm if you want. Extra benefit of being the mayor ;).

Dohohoho! I wish they'd give me some more power already..

Village Name: サイド3 Side 3

Mayor: マイケル Michael

Player Motto: シーク・ジオン! Sieg Zeon!

So yes, bring on the dictatorship..

1UP's Jeremy Parish does an Import Overview....

I'm going to be honest I stopped as soon as started doing anything remotely new as I want this to be fresh and new.

I've seen enough to convince me this is better than the zzzzzzzzzzz that was the Wii version.

Dohohoho! I wish they'd give me some more power already..

Village Name: サイド3 Side 3

Mayor: マイケル Michael

Player Motto: シーク・ジオン! Sieg Zeon!

So yes, bring on the dictatorship..

You fallen asleep with this game already? Good, bad, meh?

Apparently the game has sold around 2.7 million copies in Japan since launch with 800,000 of those sales being download.

http://nintendo3dsblog.com/nintendo-has-sold-over-800000-digital-copies-of-animal-crossing-new-leaf/

Nintendo of Japan has revealed that Animal Crossing: New Leaf has sold around 2.7 million copies, with almost 800,000 of those being digital copies. That means that 30% of the game’s total sales have been digital.

That's quite impressive! Not sure how it fares to other 3DS games such as NSMB2 and MK etc, but it seems like a very solid number.

I am unsure how I plan to pick this up when it eventually comes out here.

I think digital may be the way to go. Perfect to always have with you.

You fallen asleep with this game already? Good, bad, meh?

Nope, still playing every day! Problem is my priority is on clearing Bravely Default so I'm not ploughing too much time into Animal Crossing just yet.

So far though, I'm really enjoying it. Surprising how hard the dialogue is to fully understand though, but I should have realised that it wasn't going to be usual speech patterns considering every one is a bloody animal and thus the writing team makes them talk in the style of that animals voice.

One thing I'm really enjoying though is the island mini games and the diving suit. The island is constantly in summer, so you can go get some out of season fish, insects and undersea creatures to sell or, in my case, amass as much as I can in my museum, something I very easily neglected back in the day.

Collecting undersea animals feels a lot like a fishing/insect hunting hybrid as you've got to be calm and pounce at the right moment, and you have to dive underwater and touch the dark spot to catch it. As per usual, I'm always fishing and now diving, as I've for some reason found it the most relaxing and enjoyable way to make some dosh. Diving is becoming somewhat of a favourite of mine, I think it may partially be because of how the diving suit isn't exactly the easiest of tools to acquire.

You can only get it from the island, and their currency are coins you can earn from the mini games. Mini games are time based follow along the lines of:

Catch over (amount) of insects/fish

Catch over (amount) of certain insects/fish

Hide and seek (I fucking hate this game)

Fossil Hunting

Finding specific fruits in a maze

Finding pairs of buried items

Took me a week for the diving suit to come in stock and when it did, it was more expensive than I imagined and I had bought some furniture the day before, taking me back to 0 coins.

You can't take anything to the island with you, but you can take stuff back and can borrow tools from the gyroid near the hut. It costs 1000 bells to go but my lord you can easily make that back with the amount of sharks that appear in the evening.

Streetpass... My god. Such a god send for finding and buying furniture. The limit is 20 streetpasses in one go and that plops the house of every one you streetpassed in this district to the north, with a maximum of 48 (I believe). It takes up so much of my time visiting each house that I put priority on those with high Happy Academy scores. Ordered shit loads of stuff from it.

You can 'favourite' up to 16 houses so they wont be replaced when the space runs out and new houses come in, so I've kept tabs on a few with expensive furniture I want.

The amount of time this game has taken to come out ( or even get a confirmed released date ) has gone beyond a joke now, how hard can it be to translate and change a few bits,

this game would have been perfect to release for spring but i doubt they will get it out before late summer at this rate.

I know right! This total situation is ridiculous. I mean if somebody would have told me a year ago that we wouldn't even have a release date by now, I would have just laughed at them. I was so confident it would be out in March - April in Europe, but it's already February in the meantime and there is still no date. I'm really scared this will keep getting delayed all over again. It's really disappointing for all the fans.

Nope, still playing every day! Problem is my priority is on clearing Bravely Default so I'm not ploughing too much time into Animal Crossing just yet.

So far though, I'm really enjoying it. Surprising how hard the dialogue is to fully understand though, but I should have realised that it wasn't going to be usual speech patterns considering every one is a bloody animal and thus the writing team makes them talk in the style of that animals voice.

One thing I'm really enjoying though is the island mini games and the diving suit. The island is constantly in summer, so you can go get some out of season fish, insects and undersea creatures to sell or, in my case, amass as much as I can in my museum, something I very easily neglected back in the day.

Collecting undersea animals feels a lot like a fishing/insect hunting hybrid as you've got to be calm and pounce at the right moment, and you have to dive underwater and touch the dark spot to catch it. As per usual, I'm always fishing and now diving, as I've for some reason found it the most relaxing and enjoyable way to make some dosh. Diving is becoming somewhat of a favourite of mine, I think it may partially be because of how the diving suit isn't exactly the easiest of tools to acquire.

You can only get it from the island, and their currency are coins you can earn from the mini games. Mini games are time based follow along the lines of:

Catch over (amount) of insects/fish

Catch over (amount) of certain insects/fish

Hide and seek (I fucking hate this game)

Fossil Hunting

Finding specific fruits in a maze

Finding pairs of buried items

Took me a week for the diving suit to come in stock and when it did, it was more expensive than I imagined and I had bought some furniture the day before, taking me back to 0 coins.

You can't take anything to the island with you, but you can take stuff back and can borrow tools from the gyroid near the hut. It costs 1000 bells to go but my lord you can easily make that back with the amount of sharks that appear in the evening.

Streetpass... My god. Such a god send for finding and buying furniture. The limit is 20 streetpasses in one go and that plops the house of every one you streetpassed in this district to the north, with a maximum of 48 (I believe). It takes up so much of my time visiting each house that I put priority on those with high Happy Academy scores. Ordered shit loads of stuff from it.

You can 'favourite' up to 16 houses so they wont be replaced when the space runs out and new houses come in, so I've kept tabs on a few with expensive furniture I want.

All sounds very awesome. Love the sound of how Streetpass works, a clever use for acquiring new stuff.

The amount of time this game has taken to come out ( or even get a confirmed released date ) has gone beyond a joke now, how hard can it be to translate and change a few bits,

this game would have been perfect to release for spring but i doubt they will get it out before late summer at this rate.

Yeah but how long did we have to wait for the Gamecube version in Europe?! (Like what 2 years?!) I ended up importing it and never looked back. Still by far my favourite version of the game (technically just a remake of Animal Forest for N64).

I'm hoping Canada gets this game at the same time as US and that the need for french in everything doesn't impede progress. I don't see what takes so long about Animal Crossing there is no more text in it than a million other RPG's etc...

You're incredibly underestimating how much work needs to be done localising this title. You know those puns? They can't cross language barriers, it has to be specifically done for the base language. All that character dialogue? Pretty much every culture has their idea for what sound a frog, dog and cat makes and Animal Crossing uses those ideas to have speech that reflects the animal of whoever is talking. This needs to be freshly done with each title to avoid stagnation and also needs to go through what is becoming a very thorough ratings check.

It can't be too long, they should have made some decent progress by now. At the very latest I imagine this will be out in summer. Any longer than that and they're definitely taking the piss.

*sigh*

Streetpass in Japan

wwmiH.jpg

Streetpass over here

Tumbleweed_rolling_2.jpg

Edited by -Dem0-

These are so awesome!

tumblr_mgmfvihg3c1qzp9weo3_400.png

tumblr_mgmfvihg3c1qzp9weo4_400.jpg

tumblr_mfpjj1tMFK1qzp9weo2_400.jpg

tumblr_mfpjj1tMFK1qzp9weo5_r1_400.jpg

Right as awesome as they look....it's time for me to go on media black out for this.

This week (I think) mark's the tenth anniversary of me joining the N-Europe (or Cube-Europe, as it was then) boards! And the game that got me to first start posting? Animal Crossing! Yep, it's been ten years since my Freeloader and American copy of the game arrived in the post, and I started posting to share my thoughts on the game and to trade furniture with the community. :yay: