NEurope
Nintendohnut

The Apple Thread

Well I'm getting error codes when i try to install seems they may be related to it verifying at apples end.

My phone is just restoring now so not long until I've got it on my iPhone. iPad will be up next! I'd better not have to download it again for that!

iTunes in the cloud is nice. The ability to download past purchases is long overdue.

You've been able to do that for a while now.

Well I'm getting error codes when i try to install seems they may be related to it verifying at apples end.

Same here. Been trying for an hour and it's pissing me off, whereas my friend got his updated in two attempts

It failed to install on my iPad so i moved to my iPhone, hopefully it'll work. Better not have to download it again for the iPad, surely it's still there!

It failed to install on my iPad so i moved to my iPhone, hopefully it'll work. Better not have to download it again for the iPad, surely it's still there!

it stays there.

Five hundred seventy four thousand three hundred and twenty-second time's a charm!

You've been able to do that for a while now.

Apps and Books yes, Music was only added today.

well mines finally worked and installed it ipods booted back up and now all it says is restoring ipod apps which is taking forever can't tell if its not working or not...

I eventually updated my iPhone (after about 7 attempts), and now I've lost all my apps off the phone. I synced to my laptop before updating and they're still sitting on there, but I can't transfer them back to my phone...Any suggestions??? (please tell me I can do it - I can't bear the thought of losing my 100-floor Tiny Tower....)

Mine took forever as well, Had no phone for a while since it was inbetween restores and had nothing on it when I kept getting error codes!

I'm likeing some of the 'small' things they have amended. Like being able to easily lower the 'keyboard' while writing a text if u need to check what was sent to you again!!

So apart from the notifications what's the big deal?

Also, the piece of wank re arranged half my freaking apps. AAAAARRRGH.

Also, why can't I put as many apps as I want into a folder?! Christ I hate Apple sometimes.

At the least Apple could stop releasing apps I cannot delete. Newstand? iBook? Yeah, I get them but I don't want them. Nor do I want the stupid weather app which is STUNNINGLY abysmal. I have the Met Weather app for a reason.

OR the Stocks app.

And now I've got a separate Videos app? I have the VLC app. I don't want another one I cannot delete.

The iPhone UI is getting as clunky and stodgy as iTunes.

Edited by Daft

God I wish id known this would delete all my podcasts. Its gonna take me forever to get most of them back and some arent available for free anymore :(

I'm likeing some of the 'small' things they have amended. Like being able to easily lower the 'keyboard' while writing a text if u need to check what was sent to you again!!

I didn't realise it had done this but this is fantastic! Something that had really annoyed me about the iPhone. Again, a feature which should've been included when it first came out 4 1/2 years ago though.

God I wish id known this would delete all my podcasts. Its gonna take me forever to get most of them back and some arent available for free anymore :(

It shouldn't, podcasts are synced to your computer, or vice-versa depending where you initially downloaded them, so they should still be there.

I dont have room on my computer to keep all my podcasts there. Its always annoyed me that it expected you to keep them both on your PC and iPod, thats what I bought my iPod for, to keep that stuff on!

Safari is now really slow and laggy. I'm on an iPhone 4 and only have two tabs open. Wonderful.

Has anyone put iOS5 on the original iPad? I don't want to update it then get an ear bashing from everyone in the house that the iPad has become slow.

Safari is now really slow and laggy. I'm on an iPhone 4 and only have two tabs open. Wonderful.

Try a restore not a update, it's fine for me.

So my ipod has now defaulted to the american app store...how do I change it back? Oddly on my computerl its still gb.