N-Europe

Call of Duty: Monthly Fee Edition ( Elite )

Hero-of-Time

Also, I'm confident it'll flop. Nobody will pay a subscription for "simply" multiplayer. Especially not if it's peer-to-peer based. It's different with MMORPG's because of the nature of the game.. They actually rely heavily on servers. In FPS games, they simply serve as match-making services, and perhaps stat-tracking. A good example is the flopped ABP game. It had 100 people on one instance, but the action wasn't much different from other shooter games (except being third person).

So 2 scenarios, depending on how stripped down the free multiplayer will be:

- free multiplayer is comparable to previous multiplayer components: Service will be a flop because most will be content simply having multiplayer. Price is too high for most likely anything the service will offer. Especially, if they continue to offer mappacks as stand-alone dlc. Anyone who simply wants the mappacks will just opt for the single payment option.

- free multiplayer is seriously stripped down: Service will be more succesful than first option, but not enough to justify the cost. Unlike the first option, this will seriously hurt their sales, and cause a serious, substantial backlash from the community, unlike the "complaints about MW2", which didn't actually hurt sales in any significant way.

This isn't WoW. People will not pay (a i[]whole[/i] lot extra) for simply the multiplayer component to an action game. If the multiplayer is stripped down, the game as a standalone will miss the most essential feature that would attract its target audience. Expect competition to react to this.

Yes, I call them idiots (but I really should start making my own hats / maps though).

The difference is subscription vs micro-payments. You buy a hat, you're done. I think if Valve made a subsciption-based service, where you get every new hat for free.. Hmm. You know what, I think we're creating a monster here.

I just don't feel there's any need to be hostile to the prospect of a service like this. I genuinely think it's a sound business idea that's going to appeal to quite a large number of COD gamers. I think it's going to work because it's not going to put a paywall in the middle of the basic multiplayer experience and offers features specifically tailored to gamers who might want to become more deeply invested in the game. Call of Duty's fan base being so vast even a tiny fraction of everyone currently play Black Ops signing up to a nominal subscription represents a significant payback, while the rest of us will still be dipping our gun barrels in every other weekend and probably won't even notice a difference.

Meh. It doesn't sound that amazing (well it sounds shit) but no one has to buy it. Its not going to stop me buying MW3. I mean...yeah. Multiplayer is a piece of shit anyway.

I prefer fun multiplayer games.

Seriously though, has anyone actually done epic things/that make you laugh in MW? Blatantly not. Too much fun to be had in Uncharted. Come join Unch3 lads, then you'll see haw much fun we have. xxx

Seriously though, has anyone actually done epic things/that make you laugh in MW? Blatantly not. Too much fun to be had in Uncharted. Come join Unch3 lads, then you'll see haw much fun we have. xxx

They should use you for their tv ads! You know considering the constant praise you give it! ;):kiss:

I don't know if I'll be getting it anyway, and this has pushed me a little bit further. I honestly don't know why COD is so popular. It doesn't offer anything new/different/better than other FPS games. I can only think that it's popular because it's popular.

They should use you for their tv ads! You know considering the constant praise you give it! ;):kiss:

Why pay him when he already does it for free?

Why pay him when he already does it for free?

You got me there! ;)

On topic i will be buying MW3 but i currently have no intention of paying a subscription based service for anything extr, dlc is one thing but this is something else! Unless sometimes is revealed which makes me REALLY want too but right now it's a no from me.

On topic i will be buying MW3 but i currently have no intention of paying a subscription based service for anything extr, dlc is one thing but this is something else! Unless sometimes is revealed which makes me REALLY want too but right now it's a no from me.

If you only play the game for a month or two after the DLC then a up to £5 month may be cheaper than the £10+ map packs.

If you only play the game for a month or two after the DLC then a up to £5 month may be cheaper than the £10+ map packs.

Yeah it could be but it's all hypertetical at the moment as we are not 100% on what is being offered and pricing etc.

Even though i said it's a no for now i'm happy to 'wait and see'.

After watching SentUaMessage on XBL i want this even less regardless of how much it costs.

I have played games before which offer these kind of stats (Halo, Killzone etc) and i have never really been bothered by them (and they were FREE)! I only briefly used the clan service in Killzone 2 which didn't last long. So why would i now pay for the service? :nono:

Activison already charge more RRP for CoD as it is!

Free Features

- Access Elite through the web as well as Elite’s free custom iOS and Android applications for smartphones and tablets

- Communicate any way you want across mobile, console and the web with your friends

Track and share thousands of stats with friends – k/d ratios, score-per-minute, win % and loads more, all represented in easy to understand charts and infographics

- Create your own custom leaderboards to track friendly rivalries – who is moving up and down in your group of friends?

- Analyze advanced heat maps detailing your match-by-match performance – where you killed or got killed, when it happened, and more

- Analyze your weapons performance – which weapons you are best with in which situations

- Upload and share videos of your greatest moments through our exclusive theater mode with the touch of a button

- After you analyze your performance to your heart’s content – Customize your loadout – search through all the weapons, attachments and perks, and push them directly into the game menu from the web or your mobile device with the touch of a button

- Join dozens of groups and find other players with common interests to play with and compete against – find people who make the game the most fun for you – TDM, Lakers’ fans, Weekend Warriors

- Create a Clan with players who share your interests and taste for competition

Bring your Facebook friends right into the game, easily taking your existing network into the Call of Duty experience.

- Seamlessly be placed into Groups with those who share your affinities and interests based on your Facebook profile.

- Start tracking your Call of Duty career — everything you wanted to know about your performance across the franchise starting with Black Ops

How can they charge more than the RRP...?

They... set that price.

Retailers then get the final say.

I didn't say they charge more than the RRP i said they charge a higher RRP. (well thats what i meant to say, i could have worded it better!!)

Which is why you see retailers set £45 price tags rather than £40 for new CoDs. Excluding the good old supermarkets on release day!