NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
MoogleViper

Has there ever been a year without war?

I've been thinking about this. I've tried googling it but haven't found any concrete evidence. there are plenty of people saying there hasn't, but no credible sources. So I was wondering if anyone here knew the answer?

If there hasn't, do you think there ever will be?

Probably not, you just know as soon as the human race gets to the point where we don't want to fight each other some aliens will come along and start something.

[Read somewhere that the period between the times the stegasaurus and the T Rex existed is greater than the time period between [whichever was around later] and now.]

[Read somewhere that the period between the times the stegasaurus and the T Rex existed is greater than the time period between [whichever was around later] and now.]

But that's a triceratops not a stegosaurus.

A stegosaurus is the one with double fins on it's back and club on the tail right?

A stegosaurus is the one with double fins on it's back and club on the tail right?
Correct!__

Oh Mad Monkey... you're so mad... LOL!

Why is that mad? There could be an alien invasion. Hopefully there won't, but there could be.

Yeah, I know, was just remembering a random fact, hence the brackets.

This would purely depend on the definition of war. Technically since life existed there was a war for nutrients, or at least competition. I guess when there was the first lifeform, and before there were two, you could realistically say there was no war. I doubt that would be a year though..

I doubt there has ever been a year without battles. But, somewhere along the line, there may have been a year without a war. A prolonged state of conflict between two or more countries or people from a certain place, etc.

Its pretty much impossible to answer. Because it wouldn't have been possible hundreds or thousands of years ago to catalogue the events from around the entire world. Even if you got most of it, you'd still have places missing, where a war may have taken place.

Its interesting. I wish I knew the answer, as well.

I'd venture the time immediately following WW1 as a guess, when everyone was just getting over the sheer fucking horror of it all. I have a feeling that there was probably some bad shit going down in the far East around then, though.

ah cock: Russian civil war. 1918-1920

I do remember at the turn of the century that they said there had been two years without war in the 20th century, can't remember which ones though ;)

I doubt there ever has been and just because somebody might find a year where there was no recorded war doesn't mean there wasn't one going on. Think history recording hasn't always been what it is or as wide reaching

A year is a pretty arbitrary period of time. It's a bit of a bizarre question, to be honest.

</thread>

Not really, that video only shows significant battles (By casualties), and only ones that were recorded, and only ones within the last 1000 years or so.

Not to mention, I'm pretty sure it's incomplete. I saw little evidence of the reconquista, or the Portuguese colonial wars.

Not to mention, I'm pretty sure it's incomplete. I saw little evidence of the reconquista, or the Portuguese colonial wars.

I guess they were insignificant. :heh:

Sign in to follow this