N-Europe

Lights Camera Jackson

ReZourceman

ALso no wonder he found Inception hard to understand, he's obviously too bloody young to understand it... I know it's rated 12's but it's obvious a 12 year old is not going to be able to follow it. :heh:

In the UK yeah, but in America it'd be more likely PG-13. Did his mummy have to come with him to watch?

Jesus, he's a kid, cut him some slack.

Especially you ReZ! He's a child, you have no excuse for half the shit you peddle out!

This is the Internet, the place where they send Rebecca Black death threats and hate on Justin Bieber, haha.

I agree he's a kid though but he's a kid who's seriously patronising, like he knows better than all of us when he doesn't...it's kind of irritating, he needs to learn some manners. I see why people dislike him a little though.

Patronising? I didn't really feel like I was being patronised, just like it was some kid reviewing a film from a script he may, or most likely may not, have had a hand in. Credit to him at least for being able to do that on national tv etcetc. I just think people are pretty quick to jump on the negatives of this kid, which I actually don't think are that bad/big a deal.

Patronising? I didn't really feel like I was being patronised, just like it was some kid reviewing a film from a script he may, or most likely may not, have had a hand in. Credit to him at least for being able to do that on national tv etcetc. I just think people are pretty quick to jump on the negatives of this kid, which I actually don't think are that bad/big a deal.

The only thing I really disagree with is his entire review of Inception (haven't seen Thor so can't comment on that). His attitude is no different than that of many other reviewers, so I don't dislike him more than I do the other arrogant, better-than-thou reviewers out there.

I don't dislike the kid, don't get me wrong, and well done to him for getting on telly and doing it on television but it all seems so false and quite flawed. I found him trying to be patronising when he was saying things like "To all the regular people...con-graaad-ulations!" on the Inception review. I mean, yeah there are other reviewers who are holier-than-thou and I'd say the same about them as well but there's no need to make comments like that really. He, or the writers of the script (as well as other reviewers), should learn a bit of manners.

The reviewers I don't like are ones who attack the audience. I remember reading a Scream 4 review from CHUD saying:

"If you were asked 'what's your favourite scary movie?' and you said 'Scream 4' then you're a fucking asshole"

Those are the type I dislike the most.

But yeah, nothing against the kid but he just needs to change his attitude and change the script.

D+???

This is his review of Scott Pilgrim and he said that if you're not a gamer, you'd be counting down the runtime until it ends. Not true. My grandad has seen this, doesn't know anything about gaming, and he liked it.

I will say this, he's given Despicable Me and The Social Network a B and Toy Story 3 an A so he's not disastrous.

Edited by Animal
Automerged Doublepost

Lady: If you are a gamer will it help (or whatever she said)

Kid: It's gotta help, cuz if your sitting in front of a screen all day pressing buttons.....

OH NO HE FRAKKING DID NOT :mad:

Also where's he going with this "it's all punching and kicking?" If anything it could have done with a bit more fighting, it was a great balance of story and action... and two of the fights weren't even "fights" (Bass Battle - Number 3 and Band Battle Numbers 5 & 6).

I've showed Scott Pilgrim to MANY non gamers and have yet to find anyone who hasn't enjoyed the film (they just don't get a lot of the references but they still enjoy it)

He (or his script writters) seems to not be watching most of these films properly.

I actually think on occasion he has good points, I think he also has terrible misinformed ones, but something he mentioned with inception I did agree with, and also scott pilgrim getting a bit tedious around the middle when all the evil ex's appear. They're both things I actually thought myself, but I also appreciated all the other good things the films had to offer with it, though.

The bottom line is that a reviewer should stay "objective" about what he's reviewing if he truly wants to keep a broad audience. It's obviously totally fine for him to have his own opinion on something, but if he presents it as fact and even decides to insult the viewers who disagree, he really isn't worth much as a reviewer to anyone but those who agree with him.

I watched these videos expecting to be overwhelmed with ignorance and nonsense, but actually the kid's alright. He's reviewing films from the perspective of a child, for children. Kids don't know what makes a good movie or not. When I was 10 my dad tried to play me 2001: A Space Odyssey and after 30 mins I asked him to turn it off as it was boring.

Scott Pilgrim was made for 18-32 year olds, with references to video games throughout. The reviewer (jackson, I presume) was correct in saying "[being a gamer] helps" surely?

Jeez, honestly.

I found it odd that he said the Inception's ending was predictable. I'm assuming that must be that he is successful and gets back to his kids which he may be in fact wrong about. I remember there was a lot of speculation about whether he was in the real world or not at the end.

I watched these videos expecting to be overwhelmed with ignorance and nonsense, but actually the kid's alright. He's reviewing films from the perspective of a child, for children.

I'm assuming by children you mean 13 plus, since he's been reviewing PG13 films.

But the kids not trying to be a professional reviewer, he's reviewing a film. Much like we do all the time on this place, he just put it on youtube (and it got famous).

Exactly, he got famous and now works as a reviewer for a show (as far as I can tell, though I may have misunderstood something). That earns him a form of credibility in the public's eyes, making him more than just an amateur. "Professional" is probably the wrong term to use, though. But yeah.

Anyway, my point still stands about his style. Whether he's a professional or an amateur doesn't matter.

I'm assuming by children you mean 13 plus, since he's been reviewing PG13 films.

Do you not know what children are? They're those little people. They're not adults. K?

PG-13 is the same as our 12a rating - kids under the age can see it, with parental supervision. K?

Seriously I'm just a little :| at your post. I thought you had skillz/brains.

Do you not know what children are? They're those little people. They're not adults. K?

PG-13 is the same as our 12a rating - kids under the age can see it, with parental supervision. K?

Seriously I'm just a little :| at your post. I thought you had skillz/brains.

I think it's wrong he doesn't mention he had to watch this movie with his mummy/daddy to review it.

Kids don't know what makes a good movie or not.

So we've got someone who doesn't know what makes a good movie or not talking to people who don't know what makes a good movie or not. Blind leading the blind!

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

See, everybody can say that he's reviewing as a child and he reviews how children would see the movie but I think it's wrong. My cousin's mates have talked about Inception, they didn't get it and talked amongst themselves what they thought it might mean but they loved the visuals and stuff. They also loved Scott Pilgrim even though they didn't get half of the references.

Also, how did he find Inception confusing and then find the ending predictable? As far as I know, that was the most confusing part for a lot of people...