Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Eurovision Dusseldorf 2011

Beast

Don't think you're gonna win any money Mokong :p

That's what I'm hoping.

But you never know, there's what 10 countries elft to vote, imagine if all of them suddenly lost all sense of reason and all gave 12 to Jedward

(Notice I try to not refer to them as "Ireland" but by "Jedward"... In my mind they do not really represent Ireland and we are not taking part this year :heh:)

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it that people hate Jedward so much?

Long story. A very long story that has plagued the UK for two years. :cry:

I know this sounds bad but Lipstick is actually their best and the most original song they've done (they normally rip off singers and bands and do awful covers. As far as I know, they've NEVER done an original song except for this one).

Long story. A very long story that has plagued the UK for two years. :cry:

I know this sounds bad but Lipstick is actually their best and the most original song they've done (they normally rip off singers and bands and do awful covers. As far as I know, they've NEVER done an original song except for this one).

Except it sounds remarkably like Womaniser still.

why Sorry? I don't want Jedward to get votes :P

Yeah but I called them Ireland :p

I just can't believe Ireland beat the UK though, that's a bit embarrassing but still, it was fun. Gutted for Denmark and Georgia but I do like Aberthingy's song, not the best one and not worthy to win but it was still better than half of the ones in the competition. Nice, charming song that sounds like it should be in a Disney movie, lol.

I just can't believe Ireland beat the UK though, that's a bit embarrassing but still, it was fun. Gutted for Denmark and Georgia but I do like Aberthingy's song, not the best one and not worthy to win but it was still better than half of the ones in the competition. Nice, charming song that sounds like it should be in a Disney movie, lol.

That's what it was making me think of too, haha

If the UK really wanna win it they should try bribe Iron Maiden into doing it next year.... they have a huge following across Europe you'd be gauranteed the win... of course the Irons would likely not be caught dead in the contest, haha

I could say the same for Ireland and U2 maybe, it's the only way to actually gaurantee a win :heh:

That's what it was making me think of too, haha

I missed their song but listening to it now, I'm actually glad they won. I managed to catch up on what I missed due to watching Britain's Got Talent (and no, I didn't miss the Britney impersonation, well worth the watch, haha) and my favourites were Georgia and Denmark but naturally, I would have liked to have seen the UK somewhere near the top. Ah well, well done Aberthingymajic, great song!

If the UK really wanna win it they should try bribe Iron Maiden into doing it next year.... they have a huge following across Europe you'd be gauranteed the win... of course the Irons would likely not be caught dead in the contest, haha

I could say the same for Ireland and U2 maybe, it's the only way to actually gaurantee a win :heh:

That's very true. If Lordi can do it, they definitely can!

I can't stand the Azerbaijani song, "I'm running upstairs tonight"

My only consolation is my friend is a eurovision betting master and won £110 and will be paying for drinks next time we're out!

Not her best though, she won £150 at the age of 11 and £250 last year!

My only consolation is my friend is a eurovision betting master and won £110 and will be paying for drinks next time we're out!

Not her best though, she won £150 at the age of 11 and £250 last year!

Maybe you should share her wisdom with us :p

Except they sing "I'm running, I'm scared tonight". =P

Didn't get why Sweden got so high, it sucked. So did Blue, not good at all. Actually a lot of the songs on top were just meh.

Italy came out of nowhere though! Nice surprise heh.

Oh yeah, they should enter some black metal/screamo/punk bands into the next Eurovision, then I might watch :D

I was warming up to the idea of Jedward winning, actually. The competition is clearly not as serious as it used to be, so might as well enter some catchy and fun songs. Oh well. I just Youtubed Azerbaijan's song, doesn't really appeal to me but I can see how it can appeal to a lot of people.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!